Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: For your layout...        (Topic#1557407)
Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to RedSquirrel

For those that use the ATG....how MUCH tape do you use to adhere on piece to another?

kirasmommy
Guru
kirasmommy
In response to Manda_K

Manda... I probably use too much but I want to make sure it holds. I go all the way around the edges. If the piece is big, it gets a smack in the middle as well. I'd rather have too much than have my albums falling apart years from now (ex. glue sticks)

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to kirasmommy

Yeah, glue sticks dry up like nobodies business!

I was wondering, cause even when I use a runner, which is few and far between nowadays, I only put teeny strips on the edges.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 04-28-11 06:33 AM
In response to Manda_K

ATG for all pictures and cardstock/pp if possible and ribbon that is wide enough
Xyron X and 250 for diecut letters and skinny ribbon
Liquid glue and glue dots for buttons that are too small to get ATG adhesive on.

I use my ATG for everything that is big enough for me to roll it across or pull a ball off of the roll and use on it. I LOVE that thing!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 04-28-11 06:35 AM
In response to j3Mel

and this should be noted for those who think the ATG gun is to expensive.....I found out something in the last week

I loaned my ATG to the local FFA chapter as they are trying to throw together a year's worth of activities into the scrapbook before banquet next week (very long story as to why it didn't get done throughout the year) anyway...I've been without my beloved ATG and thought I just wouldn't get to scrap for a week.....I found that I can roll small strips of ATG adhesive off the roll and cut with my scissors and apply onto photos etc. Then just pull the "tape" off like you would a photo split...convenient no.....but I'm still scrapping!!

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser
In response to Ilka79

I use my red ATG more than anything else. For tiny pieces I use Zig, and for buttons or bulkier items I use glue dots. I HAVE used Diamond Glaze to attach some tiny rick rack to a LO, though, and it worked very well.

Now that I've used it a lot, I wouldn't be without my ATG. Wouldn't wouldn't wouldn't.

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser
In response to Manda_K

• Manda_K Said:
For those that use the ATG....how MUCH tape do you use to adhere on piece to another?

I use a big X or I apply it to all 4 sides, depending. I know I probably use a lot of adhesive, but I can't stand edges that lift.

Ilka79
Ilka79 
Veteran
Ilka79
In response to meezerpleaser

Thank you for advices, actually i run to the store yesterday to get ATG Gun, I had a coupon so I pai $25 for it. I hope it will make my life easier:) Next thing I have to get is Xyron.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Ilka79

I make my own glue dots and use those now 99% of the time. For the money savings, I just can't beat it!!! And I no longer by pop dots cause I make my own too.

Tenant

ATG all the way...

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to binkiemonstermom

• binkiemonstermom Said:
I make my own glue dots and use those now 99% of the time. For the money savings, I just can't beat it!!! And I no longer by pop dots cause I make my own too.

How do you do this?

Scrapsaholic
Mayor
Scrapsaholic

I used to only use the Tombow adhesive runner UNTIL I had to go back and re-do almost every page because it was falling apart. Now I use the ATG on just about everything. I also use the Xyron machines, glue dots and the Zig glue pen.

AndieBee
Expert
AndieBee
In response to Scrapsaholic

Has anyone used the Glue Glider Pro and if so, what's your opinion of it?

Expert
In response to AndieBee

• AndieBee Said:
Has anyone used the Glue Glider Pro and if so, what's your opinion of it?

I used it before I got my ATG and it's ok. If you are worried about the size of the ATG, the GGP is a good way to ease yourself into the ATG...an expensive way to ease yourself it, but it works! I bought the refills at HL with a coupon so they seemed like an ok price for me at the time, but when you finally compare it (and others) to the ATG it's not worth it.

As for the GGP itself, I liked the tape refills, but had problems with the dotted refills (sorry, don't remember the official names...). I thought I was having horrible problems with the dotted one, but it turned out that it just wasn't as sticky as it could be because my scrap area is in the basement and last winter was very very cold...that made me break down and finally get the ATG. I still have my GGP--I mostly use it for the repositionable adhesive (that's a nice option for me). I let my 5yo use it to use up my other refills, but I gave up on that after my 3yo got ahold of it and broke a nearly new refill (now my 5yo has his own ATG for when he needs something...and I have a second one with all-purpose tape for making cards!)

So overall, it's not a bad adhesive...it's just hard to recommend it over an ATG...

AndieBee
Expert
AndieBee
In response to HuskerMom98

Thanks sweetie! Since my GGP was swag from the 09 CHA Craft Supershow, I'm not out anything should I decide I want an ATG in the future. Mind you it won't be the NEAR future if I do but.... It came with a Perma Tac tape cartridge in it. I find it a bit large so the ATG may not be for me...I dunno. lol I was just wondering if the Perma Tac really is permanent. I'm fairly new to this scrapbooking thing and I know virtually nothing about this stuff! lol

Sonsie
Sonsie 
Pro
Sonsie
In response to AndieBee

I use my ATG only to adhere pictures. Almost all paper gets adhered with Zip Dry paper glue. Saves me a fortune in mono-adhesive.

Zip Dry Paper Glue - 2 ounce bottle

Dry in minutes, does not wrinkle paper and have never had it bleed though and discolor anything. I also use it to stick down flowers and such. Great stuff.

I use glue dots for buttons and a fine point zig pen for small things.

ScrappinMom4
Guru
ScrappinMom4
In response to Ilka79

I love my ATG gun...not only because it's a big honkin' piece of scrapbooking goodness...but because it lasts so long! I also use the smaller type rollers I had stock piled before I bought my ATG...esp if my ATG runs out in the middle of a project.

Oh, I also use glue dots a lot too...love how easy they are and super sticky for big items.

Edited by ScrappinMom4 on 04-30-11 06:51 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to ScrappinMom4

I use about a dozen forms of tape. The ATG is by far the best for me. I have two now. I have tape for vellum, acetate, blah, blah, blah. I have the Pro glider (by far the smoothest, but still too expensive). I have a basket filled with my adhesives and I probably use 3-4 kinds on every page.

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics