Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Recommend your Adhesive Tape        (Topic#1557655)
jmp09 
Tenant
  • jmp09 on 05-01-11 01:03 PM

Just purchased one of these from J called "Craft Collection Tombo". THIS THING STINKS... All of my photos/mattes are falling off the page.

Any other recs? Please no on-line purchases, need to get it now.

THANKS!!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to jmp09

I love my ATG...

Edited by debby_westbrook on 05-02-11 03:47 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to jmp09

Another ATG fan here.

patchouli2000
Expert
patchouli2000
In response to Luvmyfam

I started scrapping with the same adhesive and my pages came loose-I think its the heat in my small house. I use mostly glue now-Also made by Tombo, I like it because it has 2 applicators and a little goes a long way.

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser
In response to patchouli2000

Here's another vote for the ATG. You can't go wrong there.

SarahWscraps
Veteran
SarahWscraps
In response to meezerpleaser

Atg!!!!

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to SarahWscraps

ATG all the way.....

Only use the Acid Free Refills for scrapping photos.

I love it.

I gave it to 2 friends who have been scrapping for 10+ years and they say they will never scrap without it.

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy
In response to PhotobearSam

Creative Memories tape runner works fantastic! I have used it for years. If you know a CM rep. near you you should be able to get it ASAP! Good luck and happy scrapping!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to Vintageivy

i bought the pink atg gun for my birthday with the money my hubby gave me to go and get whatever i wanted... i ended up with a atg gun, a stack of dcwv, and a new album all three anyway, i will NEVER again use any other adhesive! i love my atg gun!!!

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to flutterbye0419

Are you referring to this? It's my favorite! One thing I've learned about it that might be causing your problem- it doesn't become truly permanent until you press down hard. I keep a clean cloth on my scrap table and press down all my photos with it once they're perfect. I love that I can make tiny adjustments before I do that. Hopefully that tip helps so you can at least use the rest of the one that you bought!

Cindy

MrsSugarBear
Guru
MrsSugarBear
In response to cindy312

Another vote for the ATG!

I used to use the AdTech adhesive and all those pages are falling apart now and it's just been a few years.

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to MrsSugarBear

Another ATG fan!! I like the acid free tape the best though, I think it's has more stick to it than the non-acid free does. The acid free is more expensive though, yet it lasts such a long time!

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to Karen3066

ATG!!!!!

cat_woman
Expert
cat_woman
In response to cindy312

• cindy312 Said:
Are you referring to this? It's my favorite! One thing I've learned about it that might be causing your problem- it doesn't become truly permanent until you press down hard. I keep a clean cloth on my scrap table and press down all my photos with it once they're perfect. I love that I can make tiny adjustments before I do that. Hopefully that tip helps so you can at least use the rest of the one that you bought!

Cindy

I used this stuff when I first started and most of my pages fell apart!! Even brayering it down doesn't help. I had a little bit of this stuff left so I thought I would make a card to use it up and I know that the person wouldn't keep the card. BUT, the card fell apart within two days before I could even get it in an envelope to mail it!!!

Now, I use either my ATG or Gloo by KI Memories. Nothing comes apart with these two.

Glinda - Razzled Scrapper
Expert
Glinda - Razzled Scrapper
In response to cindy312

I have used the tombo for a long time and you have to press your stuff down good. I do notice that on some papers it is harder to stick down, I have even used this to hold metal, BUT for some strange reason the last pack of refills I bought doesn't seem to want to stick no matter how hard or how many times I rub it. I don't know if they started making it somewhere else or changed the formula but I have went through two refills that wont stick.

Another thing there is a blue one and a green one. The green will always be removable so it wont stay stuck. The blue one is permanent. I went checked some of my older stuff and it is still stuck except the pages with glitter on them.

On a happier note I did get an ATG for my birthday this weekend. The only thing i'm having a hard time getting used to it's size.

Babylou
Diva
Babylou
In response to Glinda - Razzled Scrapper

I like Tombow and have never had a problem. But, apparantly I am in the minority. I also like my Glue Glider Pro. It's kind of a cheaper version of the ATG. Not sure if the adhesive lasts though because I have only had it for 5 months. But it sure seems to hold when you put it on!

afilatreau
Pro
afilatreau
In response to Babylou

I use my ATG as well! Also, I really like the red line sticky tape that Jodie sells on her blog. It is awesome stuff!!

Inloveforlife
Veteran
Inloveforlife
In response to afilatreau

ATG

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Inloveforlife

ATG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to CommaHolly

I never really coveted an ATG until I read all the replies here. Now I feel like I can't live without one. Think I will take my % off coupon to M's later this week and get one. Thanks for sparking my interest to add to my too big already stash!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics