Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: disney cartridges        (Topic#1557911)
Resident

how hard is it to make the disney characters with the cricut??

I want to buy one and start making them for our book but im worried that its gonna be a big pain..

scrapnread
Guru
scrapnread
In response to ascott007

I have the Mickey Font cartridge with the basic characters. At first, I used just the fonts. Then one day, my daughter wanted a Goofy for a project she was making for a friend. After a few minutes of looking at the little book in the cartridge box, we figured it out. Very easy. I also remember watching Youtube videos about using the extra features to create the characters. You could probably search for some. I don't know how to link stuff.
Anyways, if I can figure it out, anyone can. And the characters turn out so cute!

JediScrapToo
Diva
JediScrapToo
In response to scrapnread

the bigger you can cut them the better! I have the Create and anywhere from 4 to 6 inches is easier, but some of the small pieces, like eyes, toungs etc, are still small.

But, it's easy since the base part (suggested to cut in black) has little lines on where to place the pices. Hope you get one and have some fun! Disney is my 3rd fave thing to scrapbook, after my son and then Christmas.

Gramma3x!!
Mayor
Gramma3x!!
In response to JediScrapToo

I'm thinking I might need one of the Disney cartridges....

cshortel
Guru
cshortel
In response to Gramma3x!!

The faces, especially on the princesses, etc. are the hard part.

Peg364
Peg364 
Idol
Peg364
In response to cshortel

I have the cars cart - I bought it because it was on sale and I thought it would be ok to make something fun. Like Dayna said - try to keep it bigger - it gets harder the smaller you try to cut. But it is super easy once you do a few.

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06
In response to Peg364

I just made a minnie mouse for someone a couple of weeks ago. Bigger the better!

Resident
In response to Rileysmom06

thanks guys!! what are your recommendations for gluing the eyes and tongues, etc???

scrapnread
Guru
scrapnread
In response to ascott007

I use the xyron 150. It looks like an X.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to scrapnread

I just bought Tinker Bell. I plan to use the Peachy Keene stamps for the faces.

I agree!!! I have the 250 Xyron...

Edited by debby_westbrook on 05-05-11 03:54 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-05-11 04:56 PM
In response to debby_westbrook

I have them all and don't find them 'hard' just time consuming

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Huskymom

I think they are a total PITA!!!!!!!! the last time I used mine, I cut it at like 5 inches,,,,and the teensie tinsy eyeballs, lips, whites of the eyes,,,,,,those were a PAIN IN THE KATUKUS,,,,,,

the rest was easy.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to CommaHolly

I was wondering about this too! I bought the spongebob recently.

So glad I just got the E so I can make them larger than the create would.

married05
Idol
married05
In response to ascott007

• ascott007 Said:
thanks guys!! what are your recommendations for gluing the eyes and tongues, etc???

I use a Zig glue pen for the tiny pieces. For the larger ones I use Tombow Mono Adhesive.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to married05

I was at a crop recently where a woman was learning to use the Cricut while using a Disney cartridge with lots and lots of layers. She never swears, but by the end of the day, she was dropping f-bombs right and left To her credit, though, she didn't give up, and she was having a great time. Her layouts were beautiful, too.

Resident

• debby_westbrook Said:

I will have to look up those stamps!! thanks for the info..

I have one of the xyrons but i was thinking the small pieces would fall down in-between the two pieces before they meet...you know what im trying to say??

Tenant
In response to ascott007

I just finished cutting and putting together 15 of the Disney Cars--they have lots of parts. I used my Xyron and for the tiny pieces I stick them in the Xyron with a tweezers. Think I will be getting rid of the Cars cartridge--too hard to cut unless they are big.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to ascott007

• ascott007 Said:
  • debby_westbrook Said:

I will have to look up those stamps!! thanks for the info..

I have one of the xyrons but i was thinking the small pieces would fall down in-between the two pieces before they meet...you know what im trying to say??

I know what you mean...
I love the peachy keene face stamps. I only have one set. I would like to get another set.

Resident

i looked up those stamps but it looks like there for 2 diff sizes.... which ones do u get for tinkerbell??

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to ascott007

I bought the PK-531 Simple Sallies Face Assortment.

I like having the option of making any size doll I want. I bought these for the Paper Doll Cartridges, but plan to use them on my Tinkerbell when I get it.

Edited by debby_westbrook on 05-06-11 05:32 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics