Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Your favorite paper trimmer?        (Topic#1557973)
New Kid On the Block

I want to upgrade my trimmer. I've been shopping around and there are so many types. The guillotine type are expensive but are they worth the extra? The slider type vary in price and style, too. I would appreciate your experiences. Thank you.

uruvero
Veteran
uruvero
In response to Chiller

I read this thread awhile back on this same topic, here is the link, hope it helps.

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15524...

Edited by uruvero on 05-05-11 06:19 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

gluemore girl
Veteran
gluemore girl
In response to uruvero

I've been using Creative Memories tools forever: they are durable and work great!
I have tried other trimmers but love theirs for durability and portability. I now have their rotary trimmer and it is easy to use and easily fits in the crop bag. The ruler part just broke off (which is unusual... and it was replaced w/in a week.... great customer service.
I still have my first trimmer that I got 10yrs ago! (but they stopped making blades for it)

z3225
z3225 
Veteran
z3225
  • z3225 on 05-06-11 04:20 AM
In response to Chiller

I love my Cutterpede trimmer! The cut is very smooth, lining up the paper is so easy, and you get a straight cut every time. You can also switch out the blade for different types of blades such as the "wave" blade. It adds a really nice effect to your cut. There are all types of different blades offered in the scrapbook store! There is even a score blade which makes scoring that much more easy. Most paper trimmers that come with different blade options are expensive but this cutter is really affordable.
Products Referenced in This Post:
Cutterpede Score Blade (Discontinued)
Cutterpede Trimmer (Discontinued)

New Kid On the Block
In response to z3225

Thank you all for your input. I was wanting a wave blade, too. These forums are great. Especially helpful for someone just getting started!

BlueStarDesign
Veteran
BlueStarDesign
In response to Chiller

I have to add a vote for the Creative Memories 12" trimmer - especially the new one with interchangable blades for scoring, perfing, and making decorative cuts! It's a high-quality tool totally worth the price tag!

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to BlueStarDesign

I have a Two-in-One Purple Cows trimmer and it is worth buying IMHO...it also have decorative edge blades that can be purchased.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to HisGEM

i use my fiskars trimmer. i have had it for over a year and just changed the blade. can't say enough good things about it. and it is very portable so if you go to crops a lot, it is perfect for you.

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to flutterbye0419

Making Memories Precision Trimmer is my favorite along with the older Grey Fiskars. I like the Creative Memories guillotine to trim photos.

Edited by dotfree on 05-06-11 10:41 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy
In response to dotfree

I love my Creative Memories trimmer. I've had it for about 10 years now and it works fantastic. I've only replaced blades maybe 2 or 3 times and I cut a lot of paper!

okiescrapper4
Expert
okiescrapper4
In response to Vintageivy

Tonic has a great Guilitene cutter and it is decently priced...I love mine and I bought it on Overstock.com....they also have the original slider cutters that are very good as well.

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV
In response to okiescrapper4

I have two paper trimmers and use both all the time. The smaller one is by Creative Memories and the larger one is the Xacto laser paper trimmer. To me both are worth the money.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6

• okiescrapper4 Said:
Tonic has a great Guilitene cutter and it is decently priced...I love mine and I bought it on Overstock.com....they also have the original slider cutters that are very good as well.

Headin there to check it out, I dont know if I have the room for it tho! LOL!!! Can someone tellmy BF that I NEED more space, please?

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser

I've got my ol' tried-and-true Fiskars that I've been using for YEARS!! Maybe I don't know what I'm missing...??

JeepMama-Ar
Expert
JeepMama-Ar
In response to meezerpleaser

Cutterpillar Pro - they have a website & are on facebook. I LOVE IT!

sb262
sb262 
Resident
sb262
  • sb262 on 05-13-11 11:49 AM
In response to ScrappyMama6

What about the Cuttarpillar? I missed the special they ran a month or so ago for $99, wondering how those of you that got it are liking it.

croppincarla
Veteran
croppincarla
In response to sb262

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Tonic. I have had the bog one and the small one for over two years and the blades are just as sharp today as they were two years ago. That is what sold me to get them in the first place, I had a few scrappy friends at a crop rave about them.

Lesleyanne
Tenant
Lesleyanne
In response to Chiller

I like the Making Memories rotary cutter, but I jumped my blade over the edge one time and now the edges are cutting ragged. and it's HUGE. But it was awesome!

cheball
Diva
cheball
In response to meezerpleaser

I have the same paper cutter and love it. I have never changed the blades and have had no problems . I am afraid to buy a new one for fear of being disappointed.

thekatsmeow
Veteran
thekatsmeow
In response to cheball

This is by far the best trimmer I've ever used.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics