Username Post: martha Stewart punches        (Topic#1558021)
cdynan
cdynan 
Resident
cdynan

I have a couple of questions about punches. I bought one that is not a "punch around the page" one. Is it difficult to use this type to go around a corner? Any techniques I need to know? Also I really want the new french scroll one but Ms and AC Moore near me do not carry it. Does sb.com have Marth Stewart stuff on sale ever? The lady at Ms was totally unhelpful as to when they might get it.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to cdynan

Here are some videos that may be helpful:

http://www.scrapbook.com/videos/1007.html

Here's another tutorial (it's Fiskars punches, but same concept):
http://www.fiskateers.com/blog/2010/03/11/the-e asiest-w...

SB.com have them on sale ever? Yes. There are some that are linked to the first video that are discounted.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Bxr-Linda

M's has them on sale (usually between 20 and 30 percent off) semi-regularly, but I usually pick them up with a 50% off coupon

cdynan
cdynan 
Resident
cdynan
In response to madmatter

I would be happy to get it at Ms with a coupon but the woman couldn't tell me how often they get the new ones added to their stock, or when they would get this particular one. And of course I am having a hard time waiting I want it now!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to cdynan

have you checked hl and j's? i know at j's you can use m's coupons and a m's you can use j's coupons. hl doesn't accept competitors coupons though...

leslief
Idol
leslief
In response to cdynan

I had a few for months and couldn't get them to work right. THEN I found out the corner punch has "wings" that fan out. You need to make sure the paper fits in flush against both corners. Then make sure your designs match up. There are different parts of the design to match. After the 4 corners are done, the first punch with the border gets lines up with the pattern RIGHT next to where the punch is. After that, the design NEXT to that is used as a guide. If the paper is an odd size, sometimes the corner and border don't match up well.
Okay, so just read my instructions! I probably made it even MORE confusing!! Maybe check out YouTube for some demos!

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to leslief

I think she is asking about the punches that are NOT punch aroound the page....Am I wrong?

I would love some pointers on how to use some edge punches like this.....I just watched the video above and I can't wait to try it. Do you think it would work with other brands?

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to PhotobearSam

i have a scallop edge punch and can't wait to try it this week with my friend jessica there at her house for scrappy time

cdynan
cdynan 
Resident
cdynan
In response to PhotobearSam

• PhotobearSam Said:
I think she is asking about the punches that are NOT punch aroound the page....Am I wrong?

I would love some pointers on how to use some edge punches like this.....I just watched the video above and I can't wait to try it. Do you think it would work with other brands?

You are correct. It is a straight one but I might want to "punch around the page" with it. I haven't watched the tutorial yet, I will soon!

Edited by cdynan on 05-08-11 05:24 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

leslief
Idol
leslief
In response to cdynan

Oooops! Sorry!
Now I'M looking forward to seeing the tutorial on how to use them!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics