Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Clear Stamp Storage        (Topic#1558125)
pigletmg81
Tenant
pigletmg81

I need to find a cheap way to store my clear stamps. I know the binder idea works for a lot of you but how do you hold the stamps on the page? I have lots of clear stamps from CTMH, but I took them out of the packages because I want to see my stamps more then having them in all those little cases. I have other clear stamps from M's and all over that I have added to my collection. I just need to figure out how to have them all in binders maybe and how to have them all on pages where I don't have to pay for those adheisive pages! Any help would be great or any other ideas would be awesome too!

amandahugandkiss
Diva
amandahugandkiss
In response to pigletmg81

I like these. I keep them in a magazine holder.

Advantus - Cropper Hopper - Unmounted Stamp Books - 3 pack

KatieJo
Mayor
KatieJo
In response to amandahugandkiss

I put them in cases sort of like the ones already shown by amandhugandkiss, but then store them in baskets on a shelf, so that I can easily flip through them. Mine are also labled with a label maker on tabs that help me zero in on just what I'm looking for even faster.

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to KatieJo

I use these inside a 12x12 D ring scrapbook I picked up on sale for $5.00. With all the different sized pockets I can find something for all my stamps.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Nancy Keslin

empty CD cases I bought on the auction site for like 6 bucks for tons of them,,,,,they're PINK!

itsyscrapper
Expert
itsyscrapper
In response to CommaHolly

I also use empty CD cases

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 05-07-11 05:09 PM
In response to itsyscrapper

I have some in CD cases ... although I just about destroyed a stamp trying to remove it today, it was stuck so hard to the case! I have some on laminated cardstock ... I had planned to do all my stamps this way but a couple sets of stamps unexpectedly started to react to the laminate material, even though it was supposed to be stamp-safe. I'm liking the idea of those cropper hopper thingies more and more. What are their dimensions?

amandahugandkiss
Diva
amandahugandkiss
In response to stick

Hmm I will go measure.

amandahugandkiss
Diva
amandahugandkiss

8.5 x 11, and I can get 4 in a standard magazine holder.

They actually hold A LOT of stamps, because you use both sides of the book.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

I like those too,,,,a couple of my stamps have stuck to the CD cases a bit harder than I'd like.

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to Nancy Keslin

• homesclscrapper Said:
I use these inside a 12x12 D ring scrapbook I picked up on sale for $5.00. With all the different sized pockets I can find something for all my stamps.

In agreement, I use different pocket sizes.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 05-07-11 06:10 PM

• amandahugandkiss Said:
8.5 x 11, and I can get 4 in a standard magazine holder.

They actually hold A LOT of stamps, because you use both sides of the book.

Oh, thank you!! I didn't realize they were that big. Adding them to my wishlist now!

amandahugandkiss
Diva
amandahugandkiss

I like them too because I sort them by theme. All my birthday stamps are in one, all my flowers are in another, birds in a 3rd. I have a weaknes for bird stamps. I have bought stamps sets that are mixed- maybe a birthday sentiment, a flower, a ballon, a flourish....I would never remember which set had which flower, ect. Now I have all my flowers together, so I can see them all at once.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

oh wow, I like those, Amanda,,,,,,that's big,,,,,might just have to get me some! (I have a weakness for bird stamps too!)

Vallee
Vallee 
Pro
Vallee

Has anyone unmounted any of their older wooden stamps? I watched a youtube video (I am obsessed with yt)about unmounting and then putting ez mount on them. I have tons of wooden stamps but I'm scared to do it!!!

VickieW
Resident
VickieW
In response to Vallee

My name is Vickie and I unmounted.

and.... I love it! I also made a card file system when I unmounted. I put them in cd cases and numbered the cases. I stamped each stamp on a piece of paper cut to size and stamped on a 3x5 index card, put the number of the case on the card, then sorted the cards by theme so I could find them quickly and easily without having to dig through all the cases.

I am in the process of switching them to the SU dvd cases.

ShannaVineyard
Expert
ShannaVineyard
In response to VickieW

I put mine in a photo box. Here's a link to the system I put together. http://mynextthirtyyears.com/sharing-my-newly-orga nized...

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to ShannaVineyard

oh, I like that idea with the photo boxes! Do you find that they fall off a lot??

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to ShannaVineyard

• ShannaVineyard Said:
I put mine in a photo box. Here's a link to the system I put together. http://mynextthirtyyears.com/sharing-my-newly-orga nized...

Very nice and thanks for sharing! I am not sure where to buy clear contact paper??? Seems like I used to see rolls of it in the stores but now can't remember seeing any. Where did you get yours???

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to wilbur

I'm thinking I might laminate them.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics