Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Hmmm, I seem to have developed a thing for ....        (Topic#1558141)
stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 05-07-11 04:57 PM

Glimmer Mist! How did this happen? I got a couple bottles and could only make splotchy ugly messes, so I stopped trying. Then a couple weeks ago I spritzed some on a card and loved it. Now I've got three stamped and Glimmered pieces of cardstock drying and they'll be the background cs for some LOs I'm working on.

I only have 3 bottles so far - Iridescent Gold, Dazzling Diamonds, and Bubbles. Now I realize I'm woefully under-Glimmer'd, so what are your favorite colors?

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to stick

I am in the same boat. I got several bottles, and the first time I used each one, I had a mess. Now I've got more of a feel for it. I love coffee shop for brown.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to siameseplease

yep, that's how it starts, lol

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to Tina scraps

I started with one bottle of Marshmellow GLimmer mist.....Now I have over 50 bottles....

I really love Suede, Cranberry Zing and Bubbles is my new fav.

They are so addictive. I also have 3 glimmer glazes, 3 Chalkboard ones and 12 Perfect Pearl mists......

Welcome to the club.....LOL

Vallee
Vallee 
Pro
Vallee
In response to PhotobearSam

I have 2 perfect pearls and have almost used them all! I ordered there 3 glimmer mists and I'm sure that I will become just as obsessed! I love the look! I like the vintage pink and it is my next purchase!

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to Vallee

Bubbles???
I have not seen that one- must go look!

I have 9 new bottles in route to me right now!!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to ChansGram

Coffee shop is my absolutely most used color of GM

Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen
In response to madmatter

Ohh, I use brick (red) and garden fairy (light green) and old lace (I think it's called that) the most!

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to Scrapbook Queen

Garden Fairy.....I don't have that one....I'm off to find it.

_pink_glitter_hearts_
Guru
_pink_glitter_hearts_
In response to PhotobearSam

i didn't quite get glimmer mist at first, then i used it a few times and wow! my collection went from two colors, to three, then multipled like bunnies. lol

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to _pink_glitter_hearts_

So far I have 2, a red and a gold..(don't know the fancy names) Once I get the hang of "spritzing" (which I am getting better at!!) I plan on investing in MORE colors!

z3225
z3225 
Veteran
z3225
  • z3225 on 05-08-11 10:54 AM
In response to Scrapkaty

I only have one Glimmer Mist and at first I didn't see what the big deal was. I guess that's because I only have the 'Pearl'. However - I recently decided to mix up my own Glimmer Mist (thanks to youtube and their tutorials) and I am LOVING the colors I have created so far! I've fallen in love, so you're not the only one! I was the same way with Stickles. I just didn't know what the big deal was until I got the RIGHT kind. The super sparkly kind. Now I use it on almost every project!

Vallee
Vallee 
Pro
Vallee
In response to Scrapbook Queen

I ordered old lace, along with antique brass, a gold and a bronze! I can't wait for them to get here!!!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Vallee

Welcome!

I love Sapphire blue and Pieces of Heart (this was a limited edition blue), Antique Brass, Wheat Berry, Party Pink (both new), English Ivy, Olive Vine, Tiger Lily, Dazzling Diamonds, lets seee....Coral, Suede, Vintage Pink....I can't really say I have a color I don't like.

I also LOVE the Starburst Sprays from Lindy's Stamp gang. They are so bright and GORGEOUS. I cannot wait to get more of them!

Peg364
Peg364 
Idol
Peg364
In response to Manda_K

I am going to have to check out the Bubble GM - I haven't even heard of it before.

Wahkuna
Resident
Wahkuna
In response to Peg364

I'm still trying to figure out how to use the ones I have! I haven't experimented with them hardly enough...hopefully one day soon I will have time to do that and will grow to love them too!

afilatreau
Pro
afilatreau
In response to Wahkuna

I LOVE Glimmer Mists. I can't choose a fave, but I tend to use Wheatfields or Cranberry Zing the most.

I am also another lover of Lindy's Stamp Gang. In my opinion, they are so much better than Glimmer Mists! Their glimmer is much more shimmery and the colors are way more potent. I have almost all of the sets and can't seem to stop buying more!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 05-09-11 08:28 AM
In response to afilatreau

Just ordered some of the Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays, they do look awesome!

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to stick

The Lindy's sprays are great!! I'd say my fave GM colors are Sand and Patina, I use them the most. I just bought myself Pop Rocks and I can't wait to use it!

ShelleyD66
Veteran
ShelleyD66
In response to Smashley

Great to see that there a couple of Lindy's fans here! I just ordered some of these to see what they were like..they are much cheaper than GM as well. We pay from about $11 to $14 for a bottle of GM here (Australia) and the Lindys are about $3.85 (Cant remember exactly)

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics