Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: What are your favorite nesties?        (Topic#1558225)
CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

OK, I searched and found a dozen threads on STORING nesties,,,,,,

but nothing on the "best" ones to buy.

Obviously, that's a personal choice, but I want to build a small stash of the ones I might use most often,,,,,,today I bought these,,

tell me what your favorite set/s are and why??

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to CommaHolly

Labels Four is my fave, and that's one you got.

This is another fave. I love threading thru ribbon.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Megan - ForumTech

Oooooooooo those are pretty,,I have a set of shapabilities too,,,,you guys don't have it anymore, and it may be retired,,,,it's a watch and a key and a heart shaped lock,,,,I haven't seen it anywhere,,,,had it for YEARS before I actually got to use it

but there's a TON of new pretty ones out too!

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6

What machine do these go into exactly? I gave away my original Big red Sizzix, dont tell me they were for that!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to ScrappyMama6

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mm IDK if all of them fit in the big red,,,,

but some of them probably would,,,,,

the cuttlebug, the vagabond, the big shot, the big shot pro, and Wizard's machine, the grand calibur.

3MiniSchnauzers
Idol
3MiniSchnauzers

I don't have many yet but of the ones I do have this one is my favorite so far. They make great frames, mats and journaling spots.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to 3MiniSchnauzers

that's on my list to buy next week

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel

Oh, for the love of pete! I guess I need to stop browsing these forums because now I want some nestabilites. Scratch that, I NEED them!!

Edited by kelseymel on 05-09-11 01:37 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

I use these a lot.

BTW, the nestabilities fit in the Big Red. That's what I use for mine. I don't have the Grand Calibur yet. The larger nesties fit it in it (I can't remember what they are called...grand, maybe?) but are too big for some other machines.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to siameseplease

Melissa, be careful, they're addictive!!! I have tons of them and I want most of the newest ones, too. If you make cards as much as I do, you end up feeling like you must have them all to cut out your stamped images. At least, that's how I feel! LOL

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 05-09-11 01:40 PM

I have these 3 and Labels Two which I can't seem to find on here. I haven't had any of them very long but I've used them all a lot. I think top of my wishlist is Deckled Ovals, Wonky Rectangles and Reverse Wonky Rectangles. And then a few others I use them for mats, journalling pieces, and to cut shapes for cards.

Edited by kuzatab on 05-09-11 01:43 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to stick

I want those beaded ovals, but they are pricey but I want them,,,,,,,,

no,,,,,I need them

I know how you feel, Melissa

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Melissa, do yourself a favor, hon, and do NOT look at all the shapeabilities.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

I love the scalloped circles, rectangles, scalloped rectangles, the squares.... and the labels... I prefer to buy mine in sets of 4 for $52ish dollars.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel

• CommaHolly Said:
Melissa, do yourself a favor, hon, and do NOT look at all the shapeabilities.

Now the only question is...Cuttlebug or Sizzix?

I asked (read begged) for an Expression already. I think this may push my poor dh over the edge.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to kelseymel

I like my sizzix big shot,,,,,

great machine and very stable on my wood table,,,,,the cb doesn't stick well to wood as near as I can understand,,,,,,,I got the sizzix for less than 60 bucks with a 40% off coupon at M's. The CB takes up a bit less space when stored though,,,both good machines.

where do you get a set of 4? do they have them here? I didn't see them,,,,,

mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara

The ones I've found the most versatile are the labels 4, labels 1, and circle and ovals and scalloped circles and scalloped ovals. I'd love to buy them in sets of 4, but I haven't been able to yet. What you need to be careful about when buying them (you may know this already, Holly) is that if you want to layer the circle with the scalloped circle (or oval with scalloped oval, square, rectangle, etc), and if you like the scallop to just peek out from behind the circle, you need to be sure you get both sets in either the "large" or both sets in the "small." If you get the circles in large and the scalloped circles in small (or vice versa), they won't layer as nicely. If you get the set of 4, you've got them all, so no worries, I've seen the sets of 4 at Overstock, but it wasn;t a good deal for Canada (story of my life).

I'm putting just a sampling of cards I've made with just Labels1, labels 4, circles large, scalloped circles large, ovals large, and scalloped ovals large. For a long time those were the only 6 nesties I had, and i made a tonne of cards with them:

Using circles large, scalloped circles large, and labels 1:
Put up your feet card By Mercytiara

Using circles large with a labels 4 tucked behind (one of my favourite combos):
Got Cake Card By Mercytiara

Using ovals large and scalloped ovals large:
Cupcake birthday cards By Mercytiara

Edited by mercytiara on 05-09-11 03:49 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty

Ooooohhhh Nesties...

I have a lot, but I tend to use the same ones over and over it seems, unless I have a special project that calls for a unique shape.

These are my go-to dies linked below. I also love some that aren't offered here like:
Labels Five, Six, Eight, Nine and Curved Rectangles...LOL, and don't EVEN get me started on Shapeabilities and Borderabilities!
Products Referenced in This Post:

mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara
In response to Here Kitty

Oh great. Now I need labels 14 and lacey circles!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Here Kitty

I definitely want the labels 1, the beaded ovals and the eyelet circles!!!!!

thanks ladies,,,,,,,beautiful cards Tracy!!!!

that's what I was thinking, Amy,,,that I should at least START with the ones I will probably use most,,,which is subjective, of course, but when you hear over and over again that people really love the labels 4, for instance, you probably can not go wrong. Glad I bought those!

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics