Username Post: Which album would you choose?        (Topic#1558247)
Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy

Hi! I am looking for some suggestions for choosing an album. I usually use CM albums for my scrapbooking. I am in need of an album to store a bunch of 4X6 pics. My family and I are into geocaching and we take a lot of pictures when we are out and about exploring. I have used some of the pictures in LOs that go into my albums but I have a lot more that I would like to keep in an album but not officially scrapbook. I have two questions...what album would you choose and what size 8x11 1/2 or 12 x 12?? Thanks for your help!!

z3225
z3225 
Veteran
z3225
  • z3225 on 05-09-11 02:31 PM
In response to Vintageivy

I use the We R Memory Keepers THREE RING albums. They have wonderful page protectors that can hold 4x6 photos and your layouts. Instead of having albums just dedicated to photos or just dedicated to scrapbook layouts - I mix them. That way people can flip through pages of photos and every now and again they will come upon a nice layout. It offers that classic photo album feel but with a creative touch.

These albums are durable and the sleeves are wonderful. The sleeves come in various 'layouts' to fit all your photographic needs and the three ring binding makes it so easy to move around layouts and photo spreads as you please.

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to z3225

We are memory keepers 3 ring -- my favorite for sure.

danielle1975
Pro
danielle1975
In response to ncyankee

I agree.. We are Memory Keepers 3 ring! Ill never go back to post bound albums!

dodgercpkl
Expert
dodgercpkl
In response to danielle1975

Oh good to know! I'll have to check this out for myself. I'm so used to just seeing the post ones.

gluemore girl
Veteran
gluemore girl
In response to z3225

• InaBina Said:
I use the We R Memory Keepers THREE RING albums. They have wonderful page protectors that can hold 4x6 photos and your layouts. Instead of having albums just dedicated to photos or just dedicated to scrapbook layouts - I mix them. That way people can flip through pages of photos and every now and again they will come upon a nice layout. It offers that classic photo album feel but with a creative touch.

Fan here of the WR Memory Keepers and received one with the 4x6 photo slots... I like this idea of mixing it up. Thanks for sharing that tip!

These albums are durable and the sleeves are wonderful. The sleeves come in various 'layouts' to fit all your photographic needs and the three ring binding makes it so easy to move around layouts and photo spreads as you please.

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to gluemore girl

Not a fan of the leather We r memory keepers albums (I have 2 and the covers have warped) but love their selection of page protectors! Good luck in your search! Finding just the right album is a good research project!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Shutterbugg

• Shutterbugg Said:
Not a fan of the leather We r memory keepers albums (I have 2 and the covers have warped) but love their selection of page protectors! Good luck in your search! Finding just the right album is a good research project!

Well shoot; I'm sorry to hear this as I have 8 of them. How soon after buying them did they warp? Did you contact the manufacturer; and what did they say?

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to Sunnydi

I use the KMA albums with the We R page protectors...

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Megan - ForumTech

Ditto what Ina said.

I have D-ring Hiller albums (which I think are now We R Memory Keepers). LOVE them.

Only problem I've had is when I had them stored in a wire mesh shelf, taking them in and out made a couple brass corners come off the bottom. I completely think I'd classify that as user-error.

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy
In response to Bxr-Linda

Thanks so much for the advice everyone! I just purchased a 12 X 12 We R Memory Keepers 3 ring album! I got the Dark Chocolate one! Can't wait to fill it up with pictures!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics