Username Post: acetate die cut and book covers?        (Topic#1558317)
New Kid On the Block

Hello all! I'm very new to scrapbooking and have no idea what really where to start... I don't know what agll the equipment is fpr or even what equipment and supplies are available! Does anybody know if there are any books out there about scrapbooking for beginners?

I bought a pack with 'acetate die cuts' in and card shapes. However I really have to idea what to do qith theae acetate shapes they have got patterns and such on them. Do I need a heat tool or something to 'stick' them onto pages and the like?

I also like the idea of making my own album, I tho.k you can do this cant you? (i mean rather than buying an already bound/made album) I have seen some 'book covers' is this what they are used for?

Thanks for any help

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to emmyk89

I am not sure exactly if you are talking about the acrylic albums. If so, Yes, those can be made into an album. There are also clear overlays that you can put on pages (have small designs on them).
I make my own albums with my big shot pro or cut cereal chipboard with my cricut. Then I cut the same sheet out of paper and cover the chipboard with my patterned paper and decorate. I ink the edges to give it a more finished look.

Not sure if I answered your question or not???

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to emmyk89

• emmyk89 Said:
Hello all! I'm very new to scrapbooking and have no idea what really where to start... I don't know what agll the equipment is fpr or even what equipment and supplies are available! Does anybody know if there are any books out there about scrapbooking for beginners?

I bought a pack with 'acetate die cuts' in and card shapes. However I really have to idea what to do qith theae acetate shapes they have got patterns and such on them. Do I need a heat tool or something to 'stick' them onto pages and the like?

I also like the idea of making my own album, I tho.k you can do this cant you? (i mean rather than buying an already bound/made album) I have seen some 'book covers' is this what they are used for?

Thanks for any help

Not really sure exactly what you're talking about - can you take pics and post them here so we can see?
As far as the acetate shapes, are they like the ones I linked? You don't use a heat tool with them, just adhere them with adhesive like Mini Adhesive Squares or Glue Dots. Personally I prefer the Adhesive Squares (by Glue Arts)

New Kid On the Block
In response to Here Kitty

Hey guys thanks for your replies Binkiemonstermom I wasn't referring to acrylic covers (i have no idea what they are? Lol) I meant these http://frostitpink.com/store/index.php?main_page=produc...
Herekitty yes they ares what I'm talking about! I have the KandCo ones aswell. They have a little peice of thin plastic on one side, does that need to be pulled off first? I have some glue dots but can they be seen through them as they are clear?

Cheers

New Kid On the Block
In response to emmyk89

Can I also ask, what is "inking"?

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to emmyk89

• emmyk89 Said:

Thanks for any help

On the acetate shapes. This is where they have a design and you can see through them? If so, I would run them through a Xyron create a sticker machine or use a spray adhesive to glue them on a page.

New Kid On the Block
In response to debby_westbrook

Yes its those Debby thanks just bought some spray adhesive ill see how it goes!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics