Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Sew Easy.....have one?        (Topic#1558355)
kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel

Love it? Hate it? Easy to use?

I love the look of stitches but don't have a sewing machine. (I also have no desire to sew, so an expensive machine is out of the question.)

We R Memory Keepers - Sew Easy - Stitch Piercer Tool

Thanks for any feedback!!

boysmom
Pro
boysmom
In response to kelseymel

I have one and I like it, but you still need to sew. It just helps you punch the holes in the paper evenly spaced or in a design (depending which head you get). You still need to put the twine in a needle and sew through the holes.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to boysmom

Oh, I know. I guess I should've been more clear. I meant I have no desire to sew fabric. LOL

This just seems like it'd be a lot easier (and prettier!) than hand stitching.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to kelseymel

I have the piercing bugs (same concept--pierces holes). NEVER used them.

If I want sewing, I typically use the machine. I guess I'll have to make a point to use those bugs.
Products Referenced in This Post:

boysmom
Pro
boysmom
In response to kelseymel

you're still handstitching on paper, it just punches the holes for you.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to boysmom

• boysmom Said:
you're still handstitching on paper, it just punches the holes for you.

I was going to point this out too.

I suppose you could just pierce the holes and NOT stitch at all?

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to Bxr-Linda

you can pierce the holes and then use a pen to draw the stitches. I have done that before. It looks similar to stitching, with about 1/3 of the work.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Nancy Keslin

Oh dear, you guys must think I'm a complete idiot. I know how it works. . .I realize I'll still have to thread a needle and go through the holes. I just thought it would be much easier with the holes already in the paper as opposed to trying to sew in a straight line with no guide.

-----

Those bugs are cute, I'm guessing they do the same thing?

Vallee
Vallee 
Pro
Vallee
In response to kelseymel

I really want one!!! I love the look!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 05-11-11 01:08 PM
In response to Vallee

I don't like the bugs.....they don't stay locked in for me and drive me nuts!!

mrsmiller
Governor
mrsmiller
In response to j3Mel

I really like these and I use them a lot!
The circle one is my favorite.

ktmracing
Pro
ktmracing
In response to kelseymel

I don't have one, but read a lot of reviews as I do want one, and everyone seems to like them a lot. I read they are better to use than those bugs. The different wheels you can get for $2.99 each do come in a fun variety.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to kelseymel

• kelseymel Said:
Oh dear, you guys must think I'm a complete idiot. I know how it works. . .I realize I'll still have to thread a needle and go through the holes. I just thought it would be much easier with the holes already in the paper as opposed to trying to sew in a straight line with no guide.

-----

Those bugs are cute, I'm guessing they do the same thing?

We don't.

The bugs don't have as many options. They are single and double line holes.

Miss Alli
Tenant
Miss Alli
In response to Bxr-Linda

I have the Sew Easy, and I love it! I've used it on just about every layout since I bought it. At first I wasn't completely sold on it because I thought I could get away with not buying the piercing mat and using a foam pad I already had - WRONG! It won't pierce the holes very well on any other mat, so make sure you get the Sew Easy piercing mat. The best part is that you can buy several different heads to do different stitches, and WRMK just came out with new ones (and I just got them in the mail and they are wonderful!)I would definitely recommend, and its ecnomical enough to at least give it a shot!

OkiFiend
Tenant
OkiFiend
In response to Miss Alli

I won one of these at the NSD challenge and I've used it already. It's easy. I used my magnetic cutting mat by We R Memory Keepers and it worked fine. I used it to set brads too.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to OkiFiend

Thanks for the replies!! You guys have definitely talked me into it....it's sitting in my shopping cart.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to kelseymel

I have one and love it. I don't want a sewing machine and have no interest in normal sewing. It is easy to use and definately helps. You have to use the mat that comes with. I bought mine as a set with their string too, it came with a mat and two heads, LOVE it!!! I recently bought more heads and the holder. I love the holder, it holds everything neatly and fits nicely in my crop bag.

Gramma3x!!
Mayor
Gramma3x!!
In response to binkiemonstermom

I also won it on NSD, but haven't tried it yet. I was hoping it would work on one of the mats I already own, but it looks like I'll need the mat designed for the tool..

scrappin-nae
Veteran
scrappin-nae
In response to ktmracing

• ktmracing Said:
I don't have one, but read a lot of reviews as I do want one, and everyone seems to like them a lot. I read they are better to use than those bugs. The different wheels you can get for $2.99 each do come in a fun variety.

I've read lots of reviews also and am looking forward to getting mine... should be here any day. Yay! I think they will be used a lot more than the bugs were in my scrap room considering there are more styles. The bugs didn't impress me at all so I sold them in garage sale...

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to scrappin-nae

I bought mine at full price plus shipping. I hardly ever spend like that. I really like it. It reminds me of my days of youth when I embroidered. My other crafty friends say it looks like it takes too long.. but to me that is part of the joy of using it. You DO need to buy the foam cutting mat. If you are considering it, you might like to use a friends first! I make several paper border strips and then use the Sew Easy and sit for a while with a cup of tea and my "sewing"... very relaxing!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics