Username Post: Advice on Albums Needed        (Topic#1558405)
New Kid On the Block

Hey All!

So i need some input on album types. I'm makingm y first scrapbook for my daughters first bday. The only albums that i get where i live are either the ones with the slots for photos or the adhesive type with the plastic sheet on each page. I don't know what these are called, sorry :/ anyways, i'm just wondering if the SB would look good with the self adhsive, plastic sheet pages?

Any other adivce would REALLY be appreicated. I'm really really excited about doing this!

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 05-12-11 10:38 AM
In response to sarahsuhail

Are you talking about the magnetic sheets for photos? If so STAY AWAY!!!!!!

There are albums for scrapbooks almost everywhere. The superstore here has a bunch:

New Kid On the Block
In response to Tivi

No They're not magnetic, just sticky...they're used for wedding albums mostly...

i live in Pakistan...scrapbooking is not a 'thing' here sadly so v. limited album options

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 05-12-11 10:50 AM

Oh, the sticky ones are even worse!!!

Can you get regular 3 ring binders or notebooks in the 8.5x11 size? And sheet protectors? They are usually available in office supply stores and discount stores, if you have any. Those would work great for holding your pages.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Tivi

hmm thats an interesting idea. I wish i knew what the sticky albums are called...i'm still leaning towards that because of the durability aspect.

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan

• sarahsuhail Said:
No They're not magnetic, just sticky...they're used for wedding albums mostly...

i live in Pakistan...scrapbooking is not a 'thing' here sadly so v. limited album options

I know the ones you mean - where you peel back the clear sheet, stick the pics on to the page and then cover back over with the plastic. Those are just photo albums. What you need is an actual scrapbook album, but if that's not an option for you, you could make your own album from chipboard and cover the pages with patterned paper, or use a ring binder and make pages to fit the pockets for those and decorate the front.

New Kid On the Block
In response to SuperAllyFan

• SuperAllyFan Said:
  • sarahsuhail Said:

I know the ones you mean - where you peel back the clear sheet, stick the pics on to the page and then cover back over with the plastic. Those are just photo albums. What you need is an actual scrapbook album, but if that's not an option for you, you could make your own album from chipboard and cover the pages with patterned paper, or use a ring binder and make pages to fit the pockets for those and decorate the front.

Thats exactly what i'm takling about! For information sake, why wouldn't those work for scrapbooking?

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan

Well, from experience, the stickyness disappears after a bit and so you may find your pages slipping and getting bent. If you add embellishments whch are a bit thicker, the clear sheet will wrinkle over them. It's hard enough to keep it straight when there are only photos under it. Page protectors have a bit of room for you to store thicker pages. Also, the pages are pretty tightly packed in those photo albums, whereas in scrapbook albums you have spacers between pages, again to accomodate your embellished, thicker pages. Hope that helps

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 05-12-11 12:41 PM
In response to SuperAllyFan

And whatever you stick to the page won't come off easily.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics