Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: How to cut Circles?        (Topic#1558565)
jmp09 
Tenant
  • jmp09 on 05-15-11 11:50 AM

What tools do you use to cut different sized circles?

Looking for something that is not too pricey..!!! Already spent too much

I currently have something from Creative Memories for Ovals and I like that.

thanks!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to jmp09

If you like the Creative Memories System for Ovals, then why not buy the circles version?

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy
In response to moxiegirl23

I use Creative Memories cutting system--ovals, circles, star, diamond. They work fantastic and I've had them a really long time!! Well worth the investment! Happy scrapping!

KatieJo
Mayor
KatieJo
In response to Vintageivy

I too suggest going for the CM circles also... especially if you already have the ovals. I see it repeatedly being listed as a favorite here.

jmp09 
Tenant
  • jmp09 on 05-15-11 08:22 PM
In response to KatieJo

Thanks everyone. I guess I should have clarified w/ CM - ovals. I like that they are easy, versatile, but I have only been able to use the one oval w/the largest inner circle. The other ovals are too small, and then if I try to use the outer ovals of the smaller templates -- the ovals are very "ovaly". Ok, that makes no sense. But that's my issue w/them.

Just saw a Circle cutter w/Fiskars. Maybe I'll try that.

Christine19850
Veteran
Christine19850
In response to jmp09

It depends on what sizes you're using. I have a cuttlebug and invested in the nestabilties in the small and large circles. These are fine for card making but if you are using them on layouts then you might need something bigger. I guess punches could be an option but I find they can get expensive quickly. Before I had my nestabilities I used a stencil, cups, plates, bowls - anything I could get my hands on!

Peg364
Peg364 
Idol
Peg364
In response to Christine19850

I was going to suggest plates or bowls - that's what I use sometimes.

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser
In response to Peg364

Yes, I think the cheapest would be outlining around different plates or bowls or cups and then cutting them out freehand. Otherwise, CM really IS supposed to be very good, but a little pricey for my pocketbook. I have circle punches and use my Cricut for larger circles. I've never had much luck using different cutting systems, though - I'm circle challenged!

joogz
joogz 
Diva
joogz
  • joogz on 05-16-11 10:41 AM
In response to Peg364

LoL...I use plates and bowls too! They seem to get the job done!

AndieBee
Expert
AndieBee
In response to joogz

For smaller circles I use an old school drafting compass, and for larger ones I use a drinking glass, cup, bowl, saucer, plate...whatever!

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to AndieBee

I love every single Fiskars product EXCEPT their circle cutter. Maybe others here have been successful... just not me. I use punches or my Slice.

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I'm a big fan of the plates and bowls, too!!

sweet1
sweet1 
Pro
sweet1
In response to -Melissa-

Stampin UP! sells a circle cutter too!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to sweet1

Ugh, the Fiskars circle and oval cutters are awful. I like the templates that work with the EK Success Cutter Bee Curvy Cutter.

The EK Success Circle Scissor looks amazing and I want to try it.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to aquabunny

CM cutting system for me. Once you already have a self-healing mat and blades, the new set of patterns isn't too bad.

dodgercpkl
Expert
dodgercpkl
In response to corrie fan

I bought the CM system (ovals, circles, and I think a few others) years ago and I love it still today. It works well for everything I've put it to and if need be, I can do slight modifications where necessary. I'm also a fan of bowls, pans, whatever is handy that does the trick. lol

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to dodgercpkl

LOVE the CM ovals and circles ... have you seen/tried the jumbo 12x12 versions of them????

They are AWESOME!!! I love larger circles and use them on many of my LOs ... I think they are well worth the money

also, I have never tried it, but I've heard people say good things about the MS circle cutter as well

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to madmatter

I use my Cricut for circles. I had the Fiskars cutter and it was horrible.

zimmy471
Veteran
zimmy471
In response to Smashley

I used my coupon at m's and got the martha stewart large circle cutter. It works great! I also have the old coluzzle for smaller circles, but don't use that too much any more. I also use my cricut to cut circles, too.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to zimmy471

You lost me with the ovals being too "ovaly"

My fav cutting system is the Fiskars ultrashape express.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics