Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Adhesive for rick rack?        (Topic#1558605)
meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser

I tried using some Diamond Glaze -- which worked perfect last time, but is all clogged up this time and won't come out. I've reamed it out with a sewing awl, but it just won't squirt.

Then I tried using some Elmer's Glue, but I'm not quite happy with the results. I don't really feel that the rick rack is adhered well.

The red-film tape I have is too wide for this little bitty rick rack (baby rick rack).

Any suggestions on what to use for very small fibers?? Or how to unstick my Diamond Glaze??

Veteran
In response to meezerpleaser

I use the small create a sticker for all my small ribbons & fibers.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Clear Scraps
Expert
Clear Scraps
In response to SHARON ELISE

Glue Arts Extreme glue or ribbon adhesive.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Clear Scraps

I use my Xyron for ribbons, too. I put a few strips in a row so as not to waste all that sticky goodness.

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to Clear Scraps

try using acetone (nail poslish remover works as long as its not acetone free) to unclog the diamond glaze

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to CorrieW

I just use mini glue dots every few loops on the thickest part.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to RedSquirrel

cut the orange film tape in half so its half as wide,,,,,

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to CommaHolly

I use the red tape but the 1/8 inch and it's perfect

Expert
In response to SuperAllyFan

I use mini glue dots most of the time.

As for unclogging your glue--my Glossy Accents will glue over once in awhile. If I try to just stick a pin down to unclog it I still have problems because the clog(while loose) still keeps the glue from coming out. I have to try to drag it out with the pin while squeezing the tube down into a trash can to try to force the clog out...be very careful or you'll end up with a gluey mess!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to HuskerMom98

At the expo this year I got some micro dots by Glue Dots (pink box)..just used them on the ric rac on my latest layout...worked great...still holding and I have the layout standing up on display.

Glue Dots - Micro Glue Dots Roll

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to dollscrap

I use Glue Dots Continuous Line.

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

I use PVA or Glue Dots/Lines. PVA is a white book binding glue and it works on just about everything. Also Fabri-tac is great for stuff like ricrac.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Jennifer Priest

I use glue dots, too. Lately I've been using my mini stapler.

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to scrap4brains

I use either my xyron X or a few tiny glue dots.

GemGirl
Expert
GemGirl
In response to meezerpleaser

I'm still using the pad of Sticky Dots adhesive paper that I bought when I first started scrapping 110-ish years ago! Stuff lasts forever. It's a pad of prox 8-1/2 x 11 sheets; you just lay the item you want to adhere down on a page of it, & when you pick it up the back is completely sticky--like Xyron, but soooo much less expensive, since there's no waste (you can see where on the pad sticky dots remain to be used). And I noticed at M's today that they still carry it.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to GemGirl

I JUST used my X last night actually to adhere ric-rak. I also have used glossy accents and zipdry. I like the X the best. Be sure to rub over it really well to get it all over the back and then go around it (I use an embossing stylus or old dried up ball point pen or mechanical pencil tip) to get off the extra glue around the edges.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to GemGirl

• GemGirl Said:
I'm still using the pad of Sticky Dots adhesive paper that I bought when I first started scrapping 110-ish years ago! Stuff lasts forever. It's a pad of prox 8-1/2 x 11 sheets; you just lay the item you want to adhere down on a page of it, & when you pick it up the back is completely sticky--like Xyron, but soooo much less expensive, since there's no waste (you can see where on the pad sticky dots remain to be used). And I noticed at M's today that they still carry it.

Oooooooooo I've wondered about that,,,,thanks for the info, I am going to get some now!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to CommaHolly

Holly, I use the Sticky Dots paper too. It's kind of messy but SO worth the effort on ribbon (or, most recently, on adhering paper to the chipboard covers of a mini-album). I have only just recently started using the second sheet of my 8-sheet pack.

HerHighness68
Idol
HerHighness68
In response to aquabunny

I use staples or mini glue dots

gluemore girl
Veteran
gluemore girl
In response to HerHighness68

The glue dots here too. I'd like to try the ribbon glue though.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics