Username Post: 3 ring binders        (Topic#1558757)
binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom

Where is the best place to buy these. I have found one at AC Moores, but it is just plain black- I am going to get tired of just black though. I was at office max today and saw lots of nice binders but they would only work on 81/2X11 pages and I do 12X12 pages. Not sure if anyone using the binders at office max or not but some were nice...just not the right size. So where is the best place to find different 3 ring binders? I am DONE with post albums!!!!!!

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to binkiemonstermom

I got mine at M's some years ago. They were in solid colors (black, blue, tan and brown). They have held up very well. I used the 8-1/2 back then, but they also had the 12 x 12. I'll look to see if they still have them when I go next week.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to Mother Goose

I'm not a 3-ring user, but I just saw that they are carrying Doodlebug 3-ring albums here. I love Doodlebug stuff because the colors are awesome. They probably aren't the cheapest, but if you're looking for color they'd be a good choice
Products Referenced in This Post:

Vallee
Vallee 
Pro
Vallee
In response to *jesse*

I never thought about using a 3 ring binder! I use the post bound binders and have really started to not like them. Do the 3 ring binders work better or hold more??

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to *jesse*

I get mine on Amazon because you can get free shipping after $25-and for albums they are pretty reasonable. I've also seen some on evilbay but not very often.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Vallee

• Vallee Said:
I never thought about using a 3 ring binder! I use the post bound binders and have really started to not like them. Do the 3 ring binders work better or hold more??

I like the Making Memories and KMA albums. I could be mistaken, but I think that the superstore here frequently has good deals on the KMA albums.

I think that they do hold more than the post bound ones. They are much easier for loading layouts, sorting layouts, and I like to mix different types of page protectors within one album. I buy only 3-ring albums these days.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

Hobby Lobby has decent 3 ring binder 12 x 12 and they put them on sale regularly, but my fave are the We Are Memory Keepers....my fave is the vanilla

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to Sneezy1956

I got 4 albums here. (They often have buy 3 get one free specials)

I love them. I will not use other kinds.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Vallee

• Vallee Said:

I switched from post bound to 3-ring last fall and love them. I don't scrap chronologically but put them in albums that way and it's so much easier to shift/move pages with the 3-ring. Also the album doesn't require spacers like post bound.

All I've used so far are the WeR albums - purchased here. like that they have metal corner protectors.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Sunnydi

I found that 3 ring are MUCH easier to use. I HATE post albums. They don't hold enough and if you keep growing them, they get unstable. 3 ring are much much better!!!!!

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 05-20-11 06:14 AM

This is really dumb but, when you all say that it's easier to move the LO's around what do you mean?

I get the part about the 3 ring vs post bound. I don't get the moving around part. Do you ONLY use 1 LO per page protector? So you just move the pp? Doesn't anyone else put 2 LO's (back to back) in a pp?

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser

I switched over to 3 ring and have never looked back. They're wonderful! I get them here or HL, since they're the only store in the area that carries them. I can't remember of M's has them.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Tivi

• Tivi Said:
This is really dumb but, when you all say that it's easier to move the LO's around what do you mean?

I get the part about the 3 ring vs post bound. I don't get the moving around part. Do you ONLY use 1 LO per page protector? So you just move the pp? Doesn't anyone else put 2 LO's (back to back) in a pp?

I use 3-ring and don't scrap chronologically.

I do put my layouts back to back in one protector. If I need to add one to the middle to the album, I just add another page protector, or move one layout forward or backward to another protector. I admit, I have some page protectors in my album that may only have one layout.

Try doing that to an already loaded post bound!

I'm sure I described that clear as mud.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Bxr-Linda

There seem to be more and more manufacturers coming out with 3-ring D-ring albums.

I use Hiller (which I believe is now We R Memory Keepers).

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 05-20-11 09:19 AM
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
  • Tivi Said:

I use 3-ring and don't scrap chronologically.

I do put my layouts back to back in one protector. If I need to add one to the middle to the album, I just add another page protector, or move one layout forward or backward to another protector. I admit, I have some page protectors in my album that may one have one layout.

Try doing that to an already loaded post bound!

I'm sure I described that clear as mud.

I think I got it. You still pull LO's out of pp and move the LO, but you can add another pp in the middle without removing posts and all the other pp's.

Thanks!

ASiverson
Expert
ASiverson
In response to Tivi

I love 3-ring binders and have 12x12 and 8.5x11. I like the American Craft albums cause you can also personalize them! I use the customizable ones and get them here at sb.com. Though they have leather and cloth too, in both sizes!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics