Page 1 of 5 
Username Post: Smash Books?        (Topic#1558797)
Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-20-11 01:54 PM

Link Smash Books/ Junk Journals Has anyone heard of these or made them?
Would love to see!
-

Edited by theboydbunch on 05-20-11 02:48 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 05-20-11 02:14 PM
In response to Huskymom

I googled it your link didn't work. And it looks like journal scrapping to me with a new name.

Freinds have been making them for decades. Easy fun and useful. They can be completly random.

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to Huskymom

I am going to buy the whole thing. With the 24% off coupon it's about $40 with $9.00 shipping. I shouldn't but it so stinking cute that I can't resist.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Obi

it won't pull up for me either,,,,,

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 05-20-11 02:19 PM
In response to theellenbee

It is cute, with the pen and cordinating note cards it is very tempting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmaWY7Wk0qA

I found this on you tube.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Obi

seems like a combination art journal/scrapbook. but if I wanted to keep memorabilia, I'd put it in my scrapbook, so I guess I don't see the point of the smash books.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-20-11 02:49 PM
In response to Tina scraps

the more I watch youtubes on these, the cuter I am finding them...I'd use them for things I wouldn't want to put in scrapbooks

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Huskymom

Ok these are really cute-I'd definitely make one-I may even have a composition notebook in my room already! Looks like a fun project to just have on hand to work on when the mojo is missing!

Babylou
Diva
Babylou
In response to MrsAnnieS

I think they are fun and have lots of options! We just finally got them in at the store where I work. I think they are geared towards the younger people who may not be interested in traditional scrapbooking. Also, a good way to join together the scrapbooking and art journaling worlds. You could use them for a ton of different things really.

Juggy
Juggy 
Mayor
Juggy
  • Juggy on 05-20-11 07:20 PM
In response to Babylou

Deb ...

dang you

like I didnt have enough unfinished projects ..

I really really really like these. I have been watching a bunch of utube vids on these .. I think I'm gonna get dd set up..she starts high school next year and think these would be great for her to have as diplays when she graduates ... in addition to pics etc...

way too cool...

AndieBee
Expert
AndieBee
In response to Juggy

How'd ya know I have about a dozen comp books in my workroom just BEGGIN' to be used for somethin?! lol

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to AndieBee

Hmmmmmmm i got a darling little book in my prize pack that's part journal, part photo book, with pockets,,,,,,,,,front is alterable,,,wire bound,,,,,,I'm thinking this would be perfect for a smash book for DD,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-21-11 07:18 AM
In response to CommaHolly

I might do one about geared towards losing weight...um, but that would mean I have to clear a path in my scraproom to get to my stuff

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to Huskymom

There was an online class on Big Picture Classes given by Amy Tangerine. She made up albums using scraps and overlays and such fun. If you look up her name and blog, there are some pics from Sept or is it Oct 2010.

I bought this album for $6 - could be a fun album to use. Now to find a project for it.
Products Referenced in This Post:

amandahugandkiss
Diva
amandahugandkiss
In response to corrie fan

K and Company has a Smash book line coming out in June. Hopefully the superstore will carry it!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-21-11 07:45 AM
In response to amandahugandkiss

that's where I saw them...youtube from CHA, but I think I'm going to just alter a comp. book...cheaper and just as easy

AndieBee
Expert
AndieBee
In response to Huskymom

I'll be altering comp books and other various little books myself. I have several teen/tween girls in my family who would LOVE these!

Ms Jackie
Diva
Ms Jackie
In response to Huskymom

I like

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-21-11 12:50 PM
In response to AndieBee

Was able to grab a comp. book from my scrapbooking room and find a container of Tim Holtz distress ink....I'm using some of my daughters Duct tape, too, we'll see what I can start with LOL

Ms Jackie
Diva
Ms Jackie
In response to Huskymom

I also started mine. Always have comp books setting around. However, that is a lot of pages to cover. One way to use up all the paper I have been hording......and the book wall go on and on. Have tons of DCWV setting around.

I do want to do one with my BIA for all the things I have from WDW. As a side on with my Album from there.

Thanks for the link.. I did see the one from CHA it was cute, but I like the fact of making it more about your style than there.

Edited by Ms Jackie on 05-21-11 02:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 1 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics