Page 2 of 5 
Username Post: Smash Books?        (Topic#1558797)
Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-21-11 04:54 PM
In response to Ms Jackie

I started making one of these tonight...not sure what I'm doing, but I guess that's part of the fun of it..when I get some pages finished, I'll share

Vallee
Vallee 
Pro
Vallee
In response to Huskymom

These are so cool!!! I am going to have to make myself one. I have all sorts of tags from clothes laying around and some cool artwork my kids did that I can't seem to throw away! Awesome idea! This would also be a great way to use those random cuts from my cricut!!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-22-11 12:52 AM
In response to Vallee

everyone please share what you make, if you do it

Ms Jackie
Diva
Ms Jackie
In response to Huskymom

will do Deb. I have seen lots of blogs on this. It appears they are hot, hot, hot. Like I said I am thinking of doing one for all the maps, tickets, coupons, I have from my WDW trip. I just couldn't think how to add these to the album, as I wanted to be able to pull out the maps, and so on. this is a great add on to the trip's album.

Ms Jackie
Diva
Ms Jackie
In response to Ms Jackie

ok, I have been working hard on this book. have the front cover done, and binding. I didn't want to buy a roll of Duct Tape, but was able to get a sheet of it from M's for $2.00. I wasn't sure about working with it. However it was easier than I thought, and I was able to get it to go on soooooooooooooo easy. And if you don't get it straight, you can pull it back up, and work with it. I did all the ribbon, and made sure it was under the Duct Tape, but I added one on top and it came out cute.

However, when you look at the Smash Book from CHA, they have a rubber band, that if you want to have it close. I was able to go to the area at Target that has those hair bands, and it worked the same. I found a group of four, with some nice colors, and they are more for young girls. It works fine. I am doing to add a embell on it to add some pop. Now I have to come up with a title.

But boy, there is a lot of pages to cover.

Hint, I found that even with not covering the whole page, after a few pages, it started sticking out farther than the cover, so I trimmed it. Also I found that my Fiskars page rounder was just right. I know she said it didn't have to be neat, however, I am a little anal about things like that.

Juggy
Juggy 
Mayor
Juggy
  • Juggy on 05-22-11 12:21 PM
In response to Ms Jackie

Cant wait to see pictures Jackie

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Juggy

I've always got receipts, ticket stubs, feathers and other non-acid-free stuff which I don't want to throw away, but don't warrant a full scrap-book page.

Very tempting indeed....

I think I might make my own though, with rings so that extra pages can be added. Those books don't look very expandable with all the stuff to stick in.

LOVE the idea of the pen with glue one end!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-23-11 02:47 AM
In response to RedSquirrel

There are many youtube vides on ones made on their own...search junque journals

Ms Jackie
Diva
Ms Jackie
In response to Huskymom

working, working, working......it takes time....to work on this book. But it's fun

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Ms Jackie

I am so intrigued by this idea, but can't even imagine adding another project to my over-crowded plate ...

missbayoumemories
Tenant
missbayoumemories
In response to madmatter

I was looking for something on youtube and ran across the junque journals. I am starting one now. Crinkling my pages while I surf the net and watch TV.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to missbayoumemories

I like this idea,,I am statring one now too,,I finished the crinkling of the pages and Now I am inking the crinkled pages,,,I will probably get My 13 year old DD to do one too,,,she saves so many little notes and scraps and Tickets,,,Im sure she will like this idea,

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to amandahugandkiss

• amandahugandkiss Said:
K and Company has a Smash book line coming out in June. Hopefully the superstore will carry it!

They are in the new products today http://store.scrapbook.com/products/?t12-13=k+an d+compa...

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to Ms Jackie

this is a cool idea and just something i'd like to make on my own.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to cescrapper

Those K&Co journaling tags excite me way too much.

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy
In response to aquabunny

I had a gift certificate from Mother's Day so I decided to treat myself. I bought the stamper, the "I love it" tape and a SMASH journal. They looked so cute, I just couldn't resist. I usually buy only stuff I NEED for a specific layout so it was fun to splurge on more of a not needed item. I plan on using it to "collect" scrapping ideas-quotes, sketches, notes so self about layouts, etc. I also plan to put a few pics. here and there to inspire me!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

• ColbyCheeseCat Said:
  • amandahugandkiss Said:
K and Company has a Smash book line coming out in June. Hopefully the superstore will carry it!

They are in the new products today http://store.scrapbook.com/products/?t12-13=k+an d+compa...

I just looked at these and watched the video. Very cool.

amandahugandkiss
Diva
amandahugandkiss
In response to Luvmyfam

I totally want to make a smash book...have been searching for a comp book and can't find the right size...I may make something with my bind it all.

Juggy
Juggy 
Mayor
Juggy
  • Juggy on 05-26-11 06:24 AM
In response to amandahugandkiss

Amanda-I can put a couple in the mail to you this weekend ..

scrappinmomto2girls
Governor
scrappinmomto2girls
In response to Juggy

sounds "smash"ingly fun!! I want to do one too

Page 2 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics