Page 4 of 5 
Username Post: Smash Books?        (Topic#1558797)
Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 05-28-11 08:31 AM
In response to Luvmyfam

Very pretty! Is this the one you are using for your scrap clippings? Do you cover each page in the notebook with pp? Or only use the clippings and make your notes?

This is starting to make sense now. I could use one to track my progress at my boot camp, right?

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 05-28-11 08:33 AM
In response to Tivi

I hit post before I finished my thought...

The trainer emails and texts different things, like encouragment quotes, recipes, nutrition tips, etc. One of the first forms we completed included what our goals were. Mine is to go parasailing in a bikini in Tahitit. Maybe I could put a pic of the beach and a parasail in mine?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Tivi

there you go, Tivi!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to CommaHolly

and maybe find a pic online or in a magazine of an incredibly sexy bikini!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Tivi

Tivi, on the inside I put only my clippings and notes. If the clipping is too large, then I fold it. The only pages with PP on the inside are the ones I made as dividers. I made the book long ago, so I don't really know that I'll need dividers for the clippings. But it could come in handy.....clippings in one section, quote and techniques in the other sections.

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 05-28-11 08:57 AM
In response to Luvmyfam

Yep, I think I got it now. THANKS!!!!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-28-11 05:44 PM
In response to amandahugandkiss

• amandahugandkiss Said:
I totally want to make a smash book...have been searching for a comp book and can't find the right size...I may make something with my bind it all.

what size are you looking for? I'd be happy to send you some. I have a bunch of regular and minis. Just let me know

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-28-11 06:04 PM
In response to Luvmyfam

Happy Birthday, Manda

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo
In response to Huskymom

Oh oh! I've been looking at the official smash books already and thinking that I would have just as much fun making one out an "ordinary" journal or book. So great that I came across this thread. And I think my ten year old niece would absolutely flip if I could figure out how to get her started on one of these for herself too. She is not yet into scrappping but found a mini album sample that had been made that kind of reminded me of this. I will have to make one of these eventually... but I'm stuck on a few other unfinished project right now too... so don't know when.

Ms Jackie
Diva
Ms Jackie
In response to KatieJo

• KatieJo Said:
Oh oh! I've been looking at the official smash books already and thinking that I would have just as much fun making one out an "ordinary" journal or book. So great that I came across this thread. And I think my ten year old niece would absolutely flip if I could figure out how to get her started on one of these for herself too. She is not yet into scrappping but found a mini album sample that had been made that kind of reminded me of this. I will have to make one of these eventually... but I'm stuck on a few other unfinished project right now too... so don't know when.

Will not she have a great time with this. I wish I had some young person to make one for.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-30-11 06:37 PM
In response to Ms Jackie

I ordered an "official" smash book to take/use for keepsakes for an upcoming vacation for my sister's 40th bday....
I've made one with comp book for my weight loss journey and some other junk I've collected along the way I don't want to lose...I just sectioned it off...

I LOVE altered notebooks and make several at the beginning of the school year for teacher gifts and to use in my own classroom...these are similar in a way, don't you think?

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-30-11 07:01 PM
In response to Huskymom

I love the idea of including pics of clothing items (like a bathing suit) I would like to wear in teh book....I included pictures of me at my "fattest"...one that started me on my weight loss journey!

MeganJo
Guru
MeganJo
In response to Huskymom

I like making these. My friends, sister and I would making something like this in middle/high school. Just without scrapbooking paper

scrappinmomto2girls
Governor
scrappinmomto2girls
In response to Huskymom

• theboydbunch Said:
I ordered an "official" smash book to take/use for keepsakes for an upcoming vacation for my sister's 40th bday....
I've made one with comp book for my weight loss journey and some other junk I've collected along the way I don't want to lose...I just sectioned it off...

I LOVE altered notebooks and make several at the beginning of the school year for teacher gifts and to use in my own classroom...these are similar in a way, don't you think?

did u order it from here??

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-31-11 11:05 AM
In response to scrappinmomto2girls

honestly Margaret, I looked around so much to find where some of the stuff was in stock and can't remember where I ordered it from I was on a little shopping spree at the time

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-31-11 12:59 PM
In response to madmatter

Hey Margaret, I just checked and I did buy the Smash book stuff from here

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-31-11 06:18 PM
In response to madmatter

If your a fan of 2 peas, there are tons of examples and threads about Smash Books, both the store bought and self-created ones...I am loving these

scrappinmomto2girls
Governor
scrappinmomto2girls
In response to Huskymom

the pink one I want is out of stock

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to scrappinmomto2girls

I think of a smash book as a place to store ideas. I have a basic hard cover sketch book that I carry with me to jot things down in. Mostly it's just a place to doodle and create zentangles as I realized I don't have many creative thoughts in a day. LOL

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-08-11 12:27 PM
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

Wahooo!! Just got a knock from UPS and my official Smash Journal is here from sb.com!! I it!!! I want to get another for my sister, now!!

Page 4 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics