Username Post: Copic Markers        (Topic#1558999)
SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.

I've just become interested in the Copic Markers. What I would like to know is, how is the best way to buy them? singles or in a set? and where is the best place to buy them? I know they have them here...but is there a better price out there? Also what is the Ciao Marker? Sorry about all the questions

NoWomanNoCry
Resident
NoWomanNoCry
In response to SandraB.

My friend has all of them and I was asking her the same thing..she told me its best that you DONT get the set..you get a few at a time within the same color family..and you build up that way. Also I was told by many people that come Aug each marker is going up .50 so im trying to buy what I can before that happens. Good luck

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 05-25-11 07:24 PM
In response to NoWomanNoCry

Actually sets can be great because the price per marker is lower. You just have to research, make sure you actually want all the markers included and that they don't duplicate what you already have.

Buy now because the price is going up soon.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

This is the description for the Ciao. It explains what the Ciao is. I found it in the link in your post. "The Ciao marker is a great introduction to the Copic line of markers. This marker from Copic is the economic choice for the beginner. Ciao markers have the exact same nib features as the Sketch markers but is a smaller package, smaller color palette and without airbrush capability."

I started out with 2-3 colors from each color group. I don't know where you can find the best price. I purchased mine through an offer at a scrapbook expo, and I purchase most of my other supplies here at the superstore.

NoWomanNoCry
Resident
NoWomanNoCry
In response to SandraB.

I asked my friend where she buys her's at.. she told me Art Supply Warehouse for $3.99. She gets them online.

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066

I buy mine at J's when they are having 50% off all the artist markers. It says that it excluded Copics, but I have bought them on several different occasions & the cashier always gives them to me at 50% off!

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps
In response to Karen3066

My J's doesn't have Copics. But they are online. I get them from Oozak. If you log in and create a login you get a lower price. the lowest i have seen and the best customer service i have seen. I wouldn't buy the sets, I would buy them in color families 3 at a time, such as C-00, C-01, C-03, Or bid on ebay as you can get some really good deals. Just have to be careful about duplicating. Good Luck! They are definitely addicting!

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Brenscraps

Hobby Lobby sells them, I am not sure if you can use a coupon or not. My HL sells them in sets and indivdual in the artist section.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to binkiemonstermom

Carpe diem store on line...not sure we can link but that is the name....dot com. good prices.

Good luck with that...they're addicting..oh and you can never have enough reds...lol

KayMCee
Expert
KayMCee
In response to dollscrap

Yeah...tell me about it!!

SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.
In response to KayMCee

Thanks for all your advice girls. I did sign up at oozak and will have to check it out further when I have more time. Being I'm from Canada, the shipping could be an issue. Thanks again

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to SandraB.

Rusty will work with you if he can at all he's amazing he owns...Oozak he's a one man operation.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics