Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Solid Colored paper....        (Topic#1559015)
binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom

What is your favorite line of solid colored paper and where do you buy it from? Also, what colors are MUST haves in your scrap room?

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to binkiemonstermom

I am a firm believer of buy the matching solid cardstock when you purchase the pattern paper.

My must haves extra are white, various shades of offwhite/tan/beige, a nice red, navy blue, and black.

What to avoid in large amounts...bright colors like the primary colors. These do end up being the "go to colors" for Holiday projects, but other than that there isn't a lot of use for bright colors and they never seem to match anything else.

and, while I have bought them myself, stacks or bundles of assorted colors do make sense if you think you will use the majority of the colors. But often only a few sheets seem to work out and the rest end up being these off colors that don't match anything.

I am a bazzill girl. I HATE the white core cardstocks.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to binkiemonstermom

I like textured cardstock, either DCWV or Bazzill. I typically buy packs from the local "big box" stores (on sale or with a coupon).

My "must have" is black.

Of course, everyone's favorite or must-have will be different. My friend has boys, and uses a lot of blue and orange. I hardly ever use orange.

Inloveforlife
Veteran
Inloveforlife
In response to Bxr-Linda

Bazzil and I buy it when I buy my pattern paper !

Must haves are kraft, white , black, pink.

Edited by Inloveforlife on 05-26-11 08:33 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to Bxr-Linda

I am a huge fan of Bazzill! ......I usually buy in multi packs from an online store or a shopping network

cheball
Diva
cheball
In response to melissadam

I seem to navigate to blues...teals/country blue, ocean blue..etc. Other than that I like beiges and browns. It varies with my mood. It if makes me happy I don't care what anyone else thinks.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to cheball

I like "almost" solids....like the basic grey solids or the Bo Bunny double dot pps..a monochromatic tone on tone. I don't why I stopped buying solids to match the pps I buy. I used to. As far as solids I like to keep around..I'd say black and white and kraft. Of all the solids I do have,..I never seem to have the right color lol.
I do like Bazzill and DCWV for the textures and colors.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to dollscrap

I buy those cheap 81/2x11 packs of solids when they go on sale. I use them a lot for matting and cards. And I just love the way they look all lined up. A beautiful rainbow of paper.

Other than that I buy solids when buying pp. I've also been known to run to J's or M's for ONE piece of paper that I need. (Ask me how many times I've actually gotten out of there with ONE piece of paper!)

Expert
In response to kelseymel

I've always been mostly happy with CS from either HL or Archivers. But lately I've mostly been working paper packs from BG or Echo Park so I've been buying a lot of Bazzill because I can find the colors that match according to the Bazzill Matchmaker (on their website).

Now when it comes to CS that I use to cut on my Sil SD I stick to the HL brand because I know exactly what setting I need. I usually have troubles cutting Bazzill unless it's a fairly simple design.

ASiverson
Expert
ASiverson
In response to HuskerMom98

Bazzill cardstock that I usually buy here on sb.com. My must have colors: neutrals (brown, blue, black and white) and Kraft (I love Kraft!)

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to ASiverson

I prefer the Bazzill, although any cardstock that has texture! I like the little extra dimension it gives. My must haves are: black, white, kraft and jewel tones, so richer colors. I tend to avoid brights and pastels unless absolutely necessary!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to MrsAnnieS

I love American Crafts cardstock! The summer and neutral packs are my faves at the moment.. Oh, and kraft too!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Expert
In response to byondbzr

Bazzill! And I must have white, black, red, cream, and navy blue.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to deedee49

Definitely Bazzill! DCWV has a nice texture, but the white core turns me off. I go through a ton of black. I should start buying the bulk packs.

HuskerMom- I cut Bazzill all the time on my Sil without problem... have you replaced your blade lately? Other tricks I have tried are slowed the speed down or setting it to cut twice.

Msceejay2000
Veteran
Msceejay2000
In response to *jesse*

I like them all and I feel like my scraproom is naked if I know of any hole in the Roy G Biv.

I went to the store tonight because earlier in the day I realized that while I had bright green, and dark green, and neon green, and pale green... I didn't have nice bright grass green. I bought a few sheets of all the middle greens they had in stock.

I would say the pile is mostly Bazzill, but I also love Coordinations, and AC.

Edited by Msceejay2000 on 05-26-11 07:13 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kirilee
Tenant
Kirilee
In response to Msceejay2000

My must have is black. No two ways about it. Black is fantastic to break almost anything up; and there is just something classy about it (maybe that is just my strange head :P)

I also enjoy soft colours like pastels that I can write and stamp on... but generally, I hate plain white.

gluemore girl
Veteran
gluemore girl
In response to Kirilee

I love pp and am drawn to Basic Grey and Echo Park right now. But of late, I am making sure I have white, espresso, and black in stock at all times and I get it from my Creative Memories rep and I also like Stampin' up papers too.
I really love all kinds of paper but cannot really justify buying any when I have soooo much to use up!, lol!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to gluemore girl

Has anyone seen the Damask American Crafts in person? Holy Moly, it's GORGEOUS!

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 05-27-11 08:43 AM
In response to byondbzr

I love Bazzill, and I'm lucky to live near enough to go to the yearly warehouse sale. I tend to buy 3 of the $30 pizza boxes at a time...they are usually at CKC with the same deals, so I try to get at least 1 of the $20 boxes just to get me thru till the warehouse sale.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to rtay

Can you tell me more about the pizza box deal? I am going to the ckc in August so I need to know what to look out for!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics