Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: Solid Colored paper....        (Topic#1559015)
CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to binkiemonstermom

my favorite is Bazzill,,,,love them,,,,,but for stamping, I buy white 110 lb cs from Walmart,,,,8.5xll,,,,it's reasonably priced and does gorgeous stamping,,,,

I refuse to pay a dollar a sheet for bazzill,,,,so if I can't find it cheaply through a multipack, or for those colors I can't find in multi pack, I buy DCWV open stock at J's when they're 5 for 1.00.

CarrieBH
Veteran
CarrieBH
In response to CommaHolly

My absolute favorite is Colormates, but one LSS with it just closed and the other only sells it in 8x10. I guess if I think about it, I don't ALWAYS need a 12x12 of it.

Still, I can't seem to find a lot of it online, either. I guess I'll be stuck with Bazzil or American crafts or something until I find colors I like WITHOUT texture. I don't need more than 65#!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to CarrieBH

Bazzill has a line that is not textured. Isn't it the "bazzill basics"?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Bxr-Linda

I think it's their smoothies.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

I'm generally not a "brand" person. I just look for the color I need. However, I do try to keep a supply of Stampin' Up cardstock on hand. I don't think it has anything to do with quality though - it's just nice to be able to get paper, markers, ink pads, and embellishments - all in the exact same colors.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to dwelch

Maybe it's changed now, but I do NOT like Stampin' Up cardstock.

The colors and texture are fine, but it is NOT 12x12, which really annoyed me. (Again, it's been a while since I got mine, so maybe it's changed.)

GemGirl
Expert
GemGirl
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
The colors and texture are fine, but it is NOT 12x12, which really annoyed me. (Again, it's been a while since I got mine, so maybe it's changed.)

Yeah, that! WHY do companies do that to us? And it's usually discovered after you've decided on that color to use as the base sheet, only to find it's too small. Arrgh!

I like to buy the matching cardstock pad if I buy a pattern pad. Other than that, I'd just love to know what cuts consistently best on a Cricut. (Sorry if I'm sounding like a whiner today, LOL).

JazzieLynne
Veteran
JazzieLynne

I'm a CORE'dinations girl...and am now LOVING their embossed line.
My must-have colours?? Black, Green, A NICE white...{all of them-haha}

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to JazzieLynne

love Bazzill, but I also but Core-dinations and CM

go to colors are black, white, and CM cranberry (I LOVE this color) and lately I've been getting into Kraft paper

I am NOT a pastel girl

laurak1
Idol
laurak1
In response to madmatter

I'm not picky about brands at this point but my go to colors are greens and browns. Hmm, maybe I was a tree in a past life...

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper

whenever I buy a pack of solid primary colored cardstoack i tend to use the yellow up first thing. it seems to be never enough yellow.

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics