Username Post: SLICE who has it        (Topic#1559161)
timetraveler
Guru
timetraveler

whos has it how do you feel about it

Inloveforlife
Veteran
Inloveforlife
In response to timetraveler

I love it ... I just got it yesterday tho but I used it a bunch ...

skrapaddict
Guru
skrapaddict
In response to Inloveforlife

I really like mine. I've had it for about a year now and use it quite a bit. It's small and doesn't take up a lot of room and it's super simple to use...if I don't use it for a while, I don't have to re-learn how to use it (like my Cricut Expression...which I never use). There's lots of great designs for it, and even though it only cuts up to 4", I find I've never needed it to cut anything bigger than that. I would definitely recommend the Slice!

havingfunatthebeach
Veteran
havingfunatthebeach
In response to timetraveler

I've had mine for about two months and love itt. The first day was frustrating trying to get the adhesive right, but after that it was great. The design cards are great and you can always find a deal on them. I wouldn't want anything else!! I love my slice:)

Edited by havingfunatthebeach on 05-29-11 06:52 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Karen.W
Diva
Karen.W
In response to havingfunatthebeach

Are you looking to buy one?

Karen.W
Diva
Karen.W
In response to Karen.W

I bought mine before I bought the Cricut Expression--the Slice is wonderful, compact and the design cards are very inexpensive...but my heart belongs to my Cricut Expression. Hands down!

mjmone
mjmone 
Idol
mjmone
In response to Karen.W

I do, and love it...however, at first I was plugging it in only when I was using it, and it would make one good cut then odd partial cuts.
you could see the blade not picking up and dragging.

Ever since keeping it plugged in even while not in use, it cuts like a 'champ'.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to mjmone

Slice is nice! I have had my Slice for over 2 years. I love it. It does everything I could want... and I have nver needed anything bigger than 4 inch. The size is right and the carts. are tiny! I do use the hands free mat and the spray adhesive. I had a Cricut but I sold it. Enjoy your new one!

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to pinkpaperairedale

My best friend had one and liked it so much she upgraded to the Elite and gave her regular one to her daughter.

SHE LOVES IT.

I want to get one just to bring to crops. It's so compact. Love it.

I have the Cricut Create and about 50 carts....but I really want a Slice.

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to PhotobearSam

i have one for about 2 years and then it had some troubble. so i had to bu another one that was on sale and i love the slicer. i use it alot on stuff

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to southern lady

I love my Slice!!!

Lindy_Pop
Veteran
Lindy_Pop
In response to debby_westbrook

I got mine just over a year ago now and I love it. It is my first e-cutter and since space was a issue a year ago it was perfect for me. My MIL (russian, english is her 3rd language) found it easy to use and loves the little thing. She is a big fan of making her own flowers and this gives her lots of options without having to cut them anymore by hand.

I would recommend the little guy and get the hands free mat, makes the experience better.

idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman
In response to Lindy_Pop

I have a slice. I have several of the cartridges for it. Price had a lot to do with my choice. It has worked great and I have gotten great service when I had trouble with it. The only drawback I can think of with the slice is that you can only cut one shape at a time and then have to set the next one. On the cricut I can type in several letters or shapes and it will cut them all without stopping. that is not a big deal to me and I am very happy with my Slice.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to idlewoman

Mine stinks. I don't know how to fix it; I think I have tried everything possible.

Expert
In response to 950nancy

I was never interested in it, but my friend got one. She liked the idea of it and really did like it at first, but it never did work great for her, despite sending it back to the company several times. She finally gave up on it and sold all of her cards and accesories and bought a Cricut.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to HuskerMom98

I have a Cricut and a Slice. I like my Slice better and take it to crops.

However at home I use my cricut more and if I know what my title will be I make it on my cricut and take it with me pressed onto drywall tape.

However, I wouldn't give up my Slice. It is so much easier to use than the Cricut! I use them both.

cheball
Diva
cheball
In response to Henri Jean

My Slice never worked properly. I wasted my money on it. Have not used it for years. I would proabably put it in a yard sale if I thought someone would buy it.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics