Page 1 of 40 
Username Post: CLOSED, moving on to July! : June VLB challenge        (Topic#1559265)
byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

[Well, as we all know, the VLB challenge is going through some changes. Cathy, our amazing hostess of four years, has decided it is time to hand this challenge off to someone new. Well, she isn't really "new". We all know our Eileen and love her and she will be an awesome hostess for this group! I have enjoyed hosting for three months now, and will still be here playing along every month. Ya can't get rid of me, lol!]
~Rebecca

Hi there! And welcome to the VERY LAID BACK Challenge! Please read this entire post before you sign up. For anyone new to this challenge, here's the idea: so many of us crave all the lovin' our neighbors leave when we do challenges, but sometimes we just want to create layouts and projects that have nothing to do with challenges (and still get some love!). Well, for this challenge, you can just create pages and other projects and link them here. You can follow my weekly challenges, but it's not a requirement. Basically, anything goes!

Here's the one and only catch:
YOU HAVE TO LEAVE COMMENTS ON THE OTHER PARTICIPANTS' LAYOUTS AND PROJECTS. So, if you sign up, you are committing yourself to leaving comments as well as receiving them. To keep this from becoming an overwhelming task, I'm restricting the number of players to 35 or so.

This is not a one entry challenge. This is a month long commitment to post ALL your work and check out everyone else's. Please post projects only from this month. And please be aware that we can be REALLY CHATTY on this thread and the posts can add up really fast.

Every weekend, I'll post a new challenge. It'll be something really easy. If you have any ideas for new challenges, please let me know! I'm always looking for new ideas!

June challenge week 1: Let's make thank you cards, to honor Cathy! They don't need mailed, just post a pic to give her a smile..
June challenge week 2: Scrap your latest purchase.
June challenge week 3: Use a journaling block.
June challenge week 4: Build your page/card on a KRAFT background!

Easy enough, right? Again, I encourage you to post layouts and projects that don't follow the challenge. Just let your creativity flow and have fun!

Past Challenges - because some of us are always behind and actually think we'll catch up one day - lol:

Use a doily on your page! (Not laser cut cs/pp)
Use bling!It can be rhinestones, pearls, stickles, glitter, etc
Scrap a mom! (Can youself, sister, mother, friend, etc.)
Use cardboard on your page.
Use fabric on your page..
Welcome Spring with color! Use bright blues/greens/yellows/purp les/ etc..
Use squares!
Number in the title
3 of something and try to create a visual triangle
Journaling spots
Sanding
Animals

PARTICIPANTS:
1. byondbzr
2. Anna C
3. newtoscrapping2011
4. cveira
5. Neetz
6. ktmracing
7. AllAmy
8. Scrapn mama
9. laurak1
10. ncyankee
11. scrapperbee
12. Tena E
13. dhscrapalot
14. amancuso
15. Sonja C
16. stopnstare07
17. dancinirish90
18. jazzescrapper
19. autumngold
20. godschild94
21. jaxxan
22. janet28rn
23. bellasmommy1
24. Pookahbot
25. MelissaW
26. AmyRowan
27. SaraS
28. Lenethren
29. Claggy
30. isnthisfun
31. Bubblegirl
32. raining

Edited by byondbzr on 06-29-11 06:38 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to byondbzr

Our first challenge is for my dear friend Cathy:

June challenge, week 1: Let's make thank you cards, to honor Cathy! They don't need mailed, just post a pic to give her a smile..

((you are, of course, welcome to mail them too! ))

Edited by byondbzr on 05-31-11 06:33 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to byondbzr

I would like to be in again!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to newtoscrapping2011

Thanks Rebecca!

Will definitely do a thank you for Cathy at some point this week!

Edited by Anna C on 05-31-11 05:21 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cveira
cveira 
Queen
cveira
In response to Anna C

I'm here!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to Anna C

Great Anna!

I have some drop offs, June Tidbitz In Time kit is out and is gorgeous!

Darling **Tidbitz In Time** By Byondbzr
Who's that girl **Tidbitz In Time** By Byondbzr
Baby **Tidbitz In Time** By Byondbzr

ktmracing
Pro
ktmracing
In response to Neetz

I would love to try this. I have not participated before but it seems very fun and a great motivator to make things and to check out galleries for great ideas.

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to ktmracing

• ktmracing Said:
I would love to try this. I have not participated before but it seems very fun and a great motivator to make things and to check out galleries for great ideas.

Welcome ktm! This is a GREAT place for inspiration. You'll find scrappers with many different styles in one place. Everyone here is inspiring!

Would you mind if I ask your name, and if you could share a bit about yourself? You'll see many of us have our names in our siggies, it helps get to know everyone.(but you don't have to!) I look forward to knowing you better!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to byondbzr

Updated to here, welcome back girlies!

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to byondbzr

here are am- don't forget me!

Scrapn mama
Governor
Scrapn mama
In response to AllAmy

Hi Girls!
I'm in again too! Even though I don't think I've actually done any of the vlb challenge in a while.

ktmracing
Pro
ktmracing
In response to byondbzr

Thank you for that very nice welcome! To tell a bit about me: My name is Audra and I live in the Midwest, am mom to one son (12) and step daughter (22)and call myself momma to my Chihuahua. Note: the order they are listed is not the order of who is spoiled most to least! I have had scrapbooking materials for over ten years but only recently in the last year or two, started to do much more of it and also have gotten into making cards.

I look forward to getting to know all of you!

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to Scrapn mama

I can't join in this month but I WILL be catching up on love from the previous thread ... I promise!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to SuperAllyFan

I wish you could play Kimmi, but I understand!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to AllAmy

• AllAmy Said:
here are am- don't forget me!

Amy.....

THE DRESS CAME! I am in awe, it is gorgeous! Rylie is at school, she will flip when she sees it. I have to find a place to do some photos of her. I'll post them here when I do! THANK YOU again! (And I hope you nab a picture and scrap it too!)

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to byondbzr

Oh yeah, a drop off!

Catch of the day By Byondbzr

laurak1
Idol
laurak1
In response to byondbzr

I'll join again. I'll try to stay on top of the love this month but my DD is visiting us for the summer, so we'll see how it goes.

cveira
cveira 
Queen
cveira
In response to laurak1

peeking in, off to get a pedicure.
ttyl. I have one to share but kinda bleaky outside right now.

Welcome Audra!

ktmracing
Pro
ktmracing
In response to cveira

• cveira Said:
peeking in, off to get a pedicure.
ttyl. I have one to share but kinda blaeking outside right now.

Welcome Audra!

Hi Christine! Thanks for the welcome.

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to ktmracing

Hi everyone -- now I'll be gone a bit this month but I'm gonna sign up. You can count on me catching up when I get home.
Cathy - thanks again for 4 years of hosting this great challenge. And thanks to Rebecca for stepping in nd helping Cathy out.

I'm looking forward to hostessing starting in July. I know I've got big shoes to fill. And that's probably literal -- I've got really small feet. he he he

Audra -- welcome. We love new people here. It's a great place to "meet" people and to get & give inspiration.

Page 1 of 40 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics