Username Post: Stitching on layouts        (Topic#1559339)
Tenant

Hi, sorry if this was already posted but i cant find anything about it. I have noticed that some of you put stitching on your layouts and i love the look. I dont have a sewing machine. I was wondering how you do it? Is there a good scrapbooking product out there to use?
Thanks

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser
In response to christine272008

I've never used my sewing machine because I'm afraid of dulling the needle. I'm a chicken! There are templates out there to use, and wheels that punch even dots, but I just doodle my stitches on. As I say, I'm a chicken!

croppincarla
Veteran
croppincarla
In response to meezerpleaser

I use my sewing machine, I bought it several years ago just to be able to sew on scrap pages, Im not even a sewer...LOL
I see the SEW EASY alot..............havent tried it but looks like a good tool.

Inloveforlife
Veteran
Inloveforlife
In response to croppincarla

Sew easy

Tenant
In response to Inloveforlife

WOW thanks for that... i will look into it :-)

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

I either use my sewing machine (I keep a specific needle just for paper), draw them on, use piercing bugs, or rub-ons/stamps.

ShelleyD66
Veteran
ShelleyD66
In response to scraprabbit

The Sew Easy tool is fantastic!

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to ShelleyD66

I use my paper piercer and connect the dots with pen. Usually my sakura souffle pens. Or I just hand stitch. Blanket stitches look awesome on flower petals

miss becky
Idol
miss becky
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

I have the cutter bees that scraprabbit added above. I LOVE THEM!!

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to miss becky

Sew Easy!!!! LOVE it!!!!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to binkiemonstermom

I buy a lot of papers that have stictching already on them - like borders all stitched. That is really cheating!

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren
In response to Henri Jean

I use a ruler and mark where I want my stitches then hand sew. I just got a Sew Easy but I have troubles making sure I keep it moving in a straight line so I'll likely keep using my ruler and mark method.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to Lenethren

I love my Sew easy. I bought it as a set with the handle, heads, and the MUST have piercing mat. I find it relaxing to pierce the paper and then sit and hand stitch. Sometimes I make several borders in one evening or card fronts. I have embossing using Cuttlebug and then used the sew easy to make a border. Two thumbs up for this little gadget.

scrapbookingforothers
Pro
scrapbookingforothers

I love my Sew Easy tool!

bwasek
bwasek 
Expert
bwasek
In response to scrapbookingforothers

I've been searching for the sew easy, it was sold out at the convention last week so I'm going to break down and buy it online!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics