Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: For those who have blogs...        (Topic#1559537)
MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to scrapbookingforothers

• scrapbookingforothers Said:
  • Creampuff06 Said:
I'm in agreement with a pp - if someone follows me, I usually follow them back, I feel that it's good manners and it usually helps with blog traffic. I know that the more popular blogs obviously can't follow everyone, but a small blog like mine can and I will. I don't have any listed at the moment because I just started it in April and honestly don't have many, if any, followers so there isn't a point to listing them yet.

Do you have the gadget on your blog for Followers? I couldn't find one and that is the only way I know how to follow a blog.

I just found the "Follow" link in the top left of her page. It's kind of a standard link from Blogger, even if the author doesn't add the widget.

scrapbookingforothers
Pro
scrapbookingforothers
In response to MommaSaid

• MommaSaid Said:
  • Creampuff06 Said:
I'm in agreement with a pp - if someone follows me, I usually follow them back, I feel that it's good manners and it usually helps with blog traffic. I know that the more popular blogs obviously can't follow everyone, but a small blog like mine can and I will. I don't have any listed at the moment because I just started it in April and honestly don't have many, if any, followers so there isn't a point to listing them yet.

Do you have the gadget on your blog for Followers? I couldn't find one and that is the only way I know how to follow a blog.

I just found the "Follow" link in the top left of her page. It's kind of a standard link from Blogger, even if the author doesn't add the widget.

Thank you so much, I added her URL into my blogger reader and it worked great!

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat

You can add any blog through dashboard as well, regardless if it is blogger, typepad, etc.

Honestly I do not follow every single person that follows me and I do NOT think it is rude. I know there are blogs that I follow who aren't following me. Really it's not a huge concern.

I have a small number of followers compared to a lot of the blogs I follow but if I followed every single one of them, plus my non-follower blogs I would be well over 80 and I don't have time for that.

I follow blogs that are my style, other crafty places, recipe blogs, blah blah. I don't expect them ALL to follow me just because I like them KWIM?

WeeSheepea
Tenant
WeeSheepea

• MommaSaid Said:
  • Creampuff06 Said:

Thank you so much, I added her URL into my blogger reader and it worked great!

Thank you, ladies; I added the widget back in to my layout to make it easier. I appreciate new followers too, and have followed everyone back so far!

Like I said in my post, I've got a small blog and for me I feel rude if I don't follow someone back. I can right now, and I've got a lot of blogs in my reader already; I just read when I can.

jewelzscrapn
New Kid On the Block
jewelzscrapn
In response to WeeSheepea

If someone follows me I make sure that I go to their blog and follow them. I try and spend a few hours a couple times a week to catch up on the blogs that I'm following. Have slacked the last couple of weeks, need to jump back on the wagon.

New Kid On the Block

I try to follow those that follow me too-BUT I don't leave comments unless the comments box is set uo to do so easliy-I just don't have time to sign in and do word verification for every blog I visit.
I can't understand why some people have their blogs set up to make commenting such a pain!

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to pampossum

• pampossum Said:
I try to follow those that follow me too-BUT I don't leave comments unless the comments box is set uo to do so easliy-I just don't have time to sign in and do word verification for every blog I visit.
I can't understand why some people have their blogs set up to make commenting such a pain!

My guess is spam. I've seen a lot of great blogs get bogged down with tons of sales adds in the comments.

WeeSheepea
Tenant
WeeSheepea
In response to MommaSaid

• MommaSaid Said:
  • pampossum Said:

My guess is spam. I've seen a lot of great blogs get bogged down with tons of sales adds in the comments.

Yes, totally agree, and some people choose to moderate their comments so that nothing offensive or really rude is posted. A friend of mine has a very, very popular blog that she had to start moderating because of the absolutely hateful comments being left. Sad.

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics