Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: Has anyone tried the SEW EASY        (Topic#1559785)
Momma2Bryn
Veteran
Momma2Bryn

Do you like how they worked, or are they more of a pain in the butt?
Products Referenced in This Post:

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to Momma2Bryn

I haven't but try reading this thread to see what others have said.

Stitching tool thread

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to corrie fan

I like it. I've only tried a few of the attachments so far, but they're fun. I'm not very good at keeping it straight though, so I need to line it up against a ruler.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to Tina scraps

OMG, it's one of the best "little tools" I've bought EVER. LOVE IT!!! I only have the attachment that comes with it, though. I really need to look for others.

amandahugandkiss
Diva
amandahugandkiss
In response to angie girl

I just tried it this morning. I tried to use it on layered cardstock and it didn't really work, so I had to get out my sewing machine. I will try again on thinner patterned paper.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to amandahugandkiss

• amandahugandkiss Said:
I just tried it this morning. I tried to use it on layered cardstock and it didn't really work, so I had to get out my sewing machine. I will try again on thinner patterned paper.

I've used it on two layers. I went slow and put one of those squishy mousepads underneath.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to angie girl

I really like mine. I have 4 different heads. It did take a bit of practice to make perfectly straight lines. I practiced on ugly paper from a big slab. This is not a fast embellishment but that is exactly why I DO like it. I generally cut several long chunks about 4 inches wide. I then do the piercing part on each one and finally the hand stitching. I keep them ready to use.. adding them to my embellishment type bin.The hand stitching part can take about 10 minutes per strip. I find it relaxing. It reminds me of my younger days when all of my girlfriends would cross stitch or embroider. I also enjoy doing random curves and swirls....if you are unsure, I think you should try out one from a friend to see if you want to buy it.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I don't really like mine. I'd rather pull out my sewing machine.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to debby_westbrook

I kinda like mine, but I can only get a full pierce when I run it on a single sheet. Unfortunately for me, I don't remember to stitch until I've glued down all my layers of paper.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to MommaSaid

You definitely want something squishy underneath - if you have it on a hard surface, there's no "give" and the piercer won't be able to go through the paper. it works on cardstock, even bazzill, but probably not multiple pieces at once.

I do'nt have a sewing machine and won't be buying one, so this will help me - I've been hand piercing and using bazzill templates (which I will still use for some things by the way)

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom

I LOVE mine!!! I don't have a sewing machine and don't really want one. You need the mat that comes with it. I love all the different heads, I have about five of them!!! I love the case that you can get with it. Best embellishment for a page!!!!

DSGNSBYLYNN
New Kid On the Block
DSGNSBYLYNN
In response to Momma2Bryn

Thank you for asking this question. I just bought several components of the Sew Easy system but had not tried it yet. This made me get it out to try it! If you are looking for speed, your sewing machine is the way to go vs. hand stitching. But I find the Sew Easy has better placed stitches and stitching with layers of floss looks better than one layer of thread. Plus each head other than the basic one provides 3 stitch opportunities, not just 1. I thought it was fun.

amandahugandkiss
Diva
amandahugandkiss
In response to DSGNSBYLYNN

I have the sew easy mat...maybe I will try more pressure and slower speed. thanks!

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid

• Tina scraps Said:
You definitely want something squishy underneath - if you have it on a hard surface, there's no "give" and the piercer won't be able to go through the paper. it works on cardstock, even bazzill, but probably not multiple pieces at once.

I do'nt have a sewing machine and won't be buying one, so this will help me - I've been hand piercing and using bazzill templates (which I will still use for some things by the way)

Right now, I do use a squishy surface, it looks a lot like a hand towel. Perhaps it's not the right kind of squish. I've only used it twice, so maybe there's something that I just don't "get" yet. Because I went ahead and bought two of the heads to go with it, I'm not giving up yet.

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to MommaSaid

I like mine, but I don't think I'm doing the stitches correctly. My one complaint is that the heads don't come with better instructions of how to follow the stitch patterns.

Tenant
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

I love my sew easy, but like others have said, the sewing part takes awhile.

Expert
In response to christine272008

I just bought one but I haven't really used it yet. Can you use regular embroidery thread instead of the floss they sell? Is it the same thing?

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to scrappy_day

you need the mat they sell it's different then other mats and makes it run smoother.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Sneezy1956

YOu can use any thread you like!!!!! I personally like their thread, but if I need another color, I cross stitch and always have dmc thread.

croppincarla
Veteran
croppincarla
In response to binkiemonstermom

well I just got mine this past weekend, even though I have a sewing machine I wanted this little tool. I have not tired it yet but was curious too what others thought. I had a GC for lss and that is what I bought with it.

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics