Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Sell the ATG to me!        (Topic#1559827)
Momma2Bryn
Veteran
Momma2Bryn

Is that what it's called? The crazy huge $40 tape thing that everyone loves?

I currently use Tombow - not totally in love - but it works for now.

Convience me to spend $40 on adhesive!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Momma2Bryn

Sorry, can't sell it to you because I'm one of the ones who doesn't like it. I think it's too big and bulky. I borrowed it for a few hours at a crop and just could not get used to it, then tried it again and still didn't like it.

I prefer Tombow monoadhesive and since I get it at a cheap price, I'll keep using it unless something I like better comes out.

If you get "sold" by the ATG lovers on this site, though, I think you can use a coupon to get it at Michael's for less than $40.

imagine.lilacs
Queen
imagine.lilacs
In response to siameseplease

I use ATG tape for everything. I have never used the tool though- it just takes a little practice to use the roll by itself. GREAT quality stickiness!

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to imagine.lilacs

i have a glue glider pro which is the cheap version. It's ok but honestly I would rather use the 3L adhesvive.

The tombow glue and most liquid glues warp paper

Edited by Just G on 06-12-11 06:58 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Just G

I would fight for my ATG. I am in love with it!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 06-12-11 07:14 PM
In response to Henri Jean

Do the math. The rolls of adhesive for the ATG are wicked long, way longer than any other tape, so they are a much better value. Even given that the gun itself is a small investment, you'll actually be saving money after only a handful of rolls.

Vallee
Vallee 
Pro
Vallee
In response to stick

I'm seriously considering purchasing an ATG. I have seen where people have used them for years. I used to use the Hermafix and never had a bad thing to say about it, but then the last 3 refills I bought rolled onto themselves and I had enough. I bought them all from different places at different times. Now I've been using the crappy Elmers stuff from WM and it does not stick at all. I have my handy Xyron's but they can't be used for everything. I have a 50%off coupon for M and was going to use it to buy an ATG.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to Vallee

I used to buy Duck adhesive that came in a pack of 4,,, it cost about 14.99 and I always used a coupon so I spent about 9 dollars on the 4pk ,,Then I got the ATG gun as a gift from My friend and God son,,,She also got the 3M adhesive in bulk and the amount of adhesive on a roll of the Duck tape was 9.3 yards per roll,,, 37.2 yards in all 4 rolls combined,,,compared to the 36 yards per roll of the 3M scoth tape and you get 2 rolls in the pack a total of 72 yards for about $5.99 minus the 40 % off when you use a coupon = about $3.60 plus tax ,,,You can buy the ATG and use a 40 % or 50% coupon and then get some adhesive,,they honestly do last so much longer,,,I have been thinking of getting a second ATG to use one with General all Puropse adhesive and the second ATG gun for the Acid free tape adhesive.
I love My gun,,,the other reason I will not buy the Duck adhesive any more is because They changed the way they make it now,,The tape is like broken up into long slender rectangles and I just dont like it.

GemGirl
Expert
GemGirl

I'm not in the selling biz, but I've read many sad posts from people who said their albums made with Tombow fell apart & had to be redone.

And, with the new pink ATG out, you shouldn't have to pay $40 if you're in the US, esp. if you have an M's & can use a coupon? I think mine was list prox $30, then used a 50% off coupon at M's. That was when I was willing to give it a shot, me being the thrifty sort, too.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to GemGirl

I love my ATG.. For the amount of tape on each roll, I feel I'm saving money.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to debby_westbrook

List price at Michael's is $40, where you can often get a 40% or 50% coupon. list price at Archiver's is $35, but the best coupon you can get there is 30% - Michael's is still better. Joann's website lists it for $30, but when I was in the store this weekend it was tagged at $35 (but was on sale, and for some reason rang up at 40% off of $30 - so $18 - even though the receipt showed the regular price at $35 instead of $30). I was unable to use a coupon at Joann because their scrapbook stuff is so consistently on sale, but if you caught it at a time when it's not 40% off, they still have lots of 40% and 50% coupons floating around.

In all cases, this was the price for the pink ATG with two rolls of acid-free tape. I can't wait to get some spray paint and alter mine to something other than pink.

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to aquabunny

Spring for the pink ATG. It's less than $30; I got mine for $18 at my LSS with a coupon. They sell it in the store here or you can get it at M's with a coupon. LOVE my ATG and would not go back to any other type of adhesive for general purpose scrapbooking.

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

Yeah, you don't have to spend $40 on it. My M's had them for $30 and then I used a coupon and got it for cheap. And the adhesive rolls last SOOOO long! It's definitely worth it! I am puzzled as to why I crafted without it for so long!

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to Smashley

I would refuse to scrap without it. It's inexpensive to buy great quality adhesive for it. NOTHING falls apart. NOTHING.

It's easy to use and costs me less per page than any other adhesive. I gave one to a friend who has been scrapping for 15 years, she swears it's the best thing she has ever used and can't imagine ever scrapping without it again.

Veteran

Right now Micheals & Joann's have 50% coupons this week.That is how I got mine.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to SHARON ELISE

I will say that at first I didn't like it...but I got used to it and now I love it. It does hold well even on glitter paper which is IMO one of the hardest to hold on. I use ATG and homemade glue dots pretty much all the time now.

Vallee
Vallee 
Pro
Vallee
In response to binkiemonstermom

So sad...I went to M's today to buy my pink ATG but they were all sold out and it was priced at $39.99! Even with my 50% coupon it still seems a little pricey to me but I sprung for a new sizzix die instead! I may try later in the week at another M's across town. The one by my house isn't very good!

mollydog
Veteran
mollydog
In response to Vallee

Ive had mine for about 2 yrs and have only used one roll on adhesive. I don't like to load it or how it goes to one side and not stay in the middle of the track.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to mollydog

Get it! I love mine. I searched high and low when M's first started carrying them until I finally found one at my local M's! I use TONS of adhesive (I probably over use it) and find that it's way more economical than the duck dispensers I was using. It's more upfront but in the long run, you'll actually save money.

Be sure to use a coupon on the ATG AND the tape! Oh, and there's acid free ($10) and regular ($6).

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Seaexplore

I have the pink one. I like it. I don't love it, and don't rave about it.

I say stay with the Tombo.

That way, there are more refills available for those of us who use it.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics