Page 5 of 6 
Username Post: VCW Week #224 - Making NEW friends and Renewing the old!        (Topic#1559979)
jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to jaspernonyx

milestones of Mark's recovery By Jaspernonyx

Tink-Hildur
Diva
Tink-Hildur

I'm here ...
Gabriellas been having a tough week so its mostly been spent helping her ... DH also took my computer to clean it and re-install all my programs ... he is only half way there so most of it doesn't work ... but at least I can watch my trial now ... I know I'm weird ...

It took me almost a week to finish this lO but finally its here ... Im trying to get Gabriella and Anika not to call me for every little thing ... I never get to sit still for more than a couple of minutes .... I need peace and quiet too ...

untitled - 007 By Tink-Hildur

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Tink-Hildur

This is absolutely gorgeous! You did that in a week? I couldn't have done it in a monrh - or even in a year! Love the vintage feel!

Tink-Hildur
Diva
Tink-Hildur
In response to Henri Jean

it usually only takes me about a day to finish a LO and having the same one staring at me for a week bugs me out ....

thanks ... I think I need to make the next few vintage .... since they are all over 60 year old photos ...

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I've never tried working with an older photo and I love the vintage list but have no idea how to go about creating it.

Maybe when I get through with all these travel pages I copy some old photos and give it a try. However, I don't know where to start!

Tink-Hildur
Diva
Tink-Hildur

• Henri Jean Said:
I've never tried working with an older photo and I love the vintage list but have no idea how to go about creating it.

Maybe when I get through with all these travel pages I copy some old photos and give it a try. However, I don't know where to start!

I use the everything including the kitchen sink approach .... and muted colors ... lots of brown ...

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I may yell HELP! when I get to them.

I do like the browns with the vintage layouts. There are so many pictures on my computer of my family I could work with.

I would probably do them more to frame than for the scrapbook - if they turned out anything at all as nice as yours!

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

I don't really have old pictures, but I have pictures of old things, so I would like to give my pages a vintage feel. In my boyfriend's dad's garage, there are a 1950s refrigerator and oven. They still work, and they look so cool! That was when things were made to last...

Mark's dad also has 1950s Folgers tins. I got one of them from him (he was using it to hold stuff in the garage, and he told me if I give him something to put the stuff in, I could have the tin--I collect coffee-themed stuff). I need to ask him for the other Folger's tin, and he has one 1950s Butternut tin, which advertises "6 cents off! I will be there this weekend, and I think I will spend time in the garage, looking at all that cool stuff!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I used to collect tins. At one time I had over 2,000 and then sold the collection.

I did keep a few favorites. When Play-doh (for kids) first came out it was in tins and I have one of those. I have an old Mennen baby powder tins I kept and a couple keywind tins that hair permanents came in. Hard to believe the first home permanents were packaged in tins. Those have never been opened.

I have the cane-bottom rocking chair that my grandfather made for my grandmother around 1900 and all his old love letters to her when he left around 1910 to find work. They are really sweet - they talk about how he found a job that pays $11.00 a week and he knows they can pay rent and both live on it with the baby!

In one letter he says to her, "My dear little wife, I haven't heard a word from you in over a week. Have you done quit me now? Please let me hear from you."

He always signed them, "You loving husband, E.A. Gibson"

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

Ever since Mark's mom died, Mark has been going to his dad's for the weekend, b/c he doesn't like the idea of dad being alone all the time, and he is the only sibling that can make the trip on weekends (about a 2 1/2 hour drive). Mark's dad is 80, and it just occurred to me last night that I should make a "Storm Lake Weekends" book, cause dad isn't going to be around forever. I could make a copy for his 3 siblings.

I also want to scrap dad's garage and all his old appliances that still work. I always worry about running out of inspiration for LOs, but it hasn't happened yet! Probably won't happen now that I have a digital camera (on clearance at Target for $42--only problem was that the package had been opened. The one I had my eye on was going to be $90!) I have 198 pictures on it already.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

You had over 2,000 tins? How cool! Mark's dad has some old greeting cards and postcards. They are still in good condition, which is why I use parts of greeting cards in my own cards. I don't have any cool love letters, but my mom recently gave my grandma a lovely red net box that contained letters from Vietnam from my late uncle.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I hated to sell them but my ex-husband and I separated and they paid the mortgage for several months!

I have may 10 or 15 now and only about 5 really old ones.

I have tons of pictures of my old collection. Maybe it might be fun to do an album sometimes on my old tin collection!

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

An album of your old tin collection would be so neat! I, for one, would like to see it!

Tink-Hildur
Diva
Tink-Hildur

ok I finished a LO ... I'm going to fix dinner for DH and the girls and then get back .... I have wonderful photos taken of my grandmother and her siblings around 1930 ....

Dagný og Ásta - 008 By Tink-Hildur

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Another gorgeous one! Just beautiful!

Tink-Hildur
Diva
Tink-Hildur

I got all my grandmother old photos ... she let me scan them in and soon I will get a few from her siblings ... I love these ....

Wish I had more photos of me when I was a kid but my dad burned everything after my mother died and what little did survive his new wife threw away since it wasn't hers ...

My grandmother gave me a tin can with cookie cutters in them from the British army ... and I have a cooking book from my great great grandmother that is from 1860 ... I love it but I don't dare to use it though ... but I know all the recipes by heart anyway ...

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie

Hi ladies.
I'm having a really hard time focusing on anythign but this pregnancy. I've had 2 losses so I'm really paranoid.

Tink your layouts are just gorgeous! Great work.

Tink-Hildur
Diva
Tink-Hildur
In response to bcblondie

• bcblondie Said:
Hi ladies.
I'm having a really hard time focusing on anythign but this pregnancy. I've had 2 losses so I'm really paranoid.

Tink your layouts are just gorgeous! Great work.

Thanks ....

I know what you mean ... I had a number of miscarriages and I always just kept in mind that stressing isn't good for either of you ... and that stressing about it will not change the result ....
Relax and enjoy the happiness ...

Tink-Hildur
Diva
Tink-Hildur

Well Im going to bed ... its been a long day ...
See you girls in the morning ...
have a nice evening ...

mbrune04
Expert
mbrune04

• jaspernonyx Said:
I will pray for the family. What is the child's name? If we were closer or on the phone or something, I would say we can pray together. But I'll join my prayers with yours and everyone else's! Let's just hope for healing. I am going to walk home and write down this prayer request on my list of things to pray about in my morning devotionals.

Thank you very much for the prayers. The child's name is Savannah she was only 9. The mom and dad are Tab and Jonathan and they have 2 other children, Brice and Ryleigh. Thank you again for adding them to your prayer list. They laid her to rest today (Friday).

Page 5 of 6 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics