Username Post: I need a die cutter, embosser, and pucher!        (Topic#1560075)
jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

Hi, everyone! I am in the market for a die cutter, embossing device, and puncher. What do you recommend? Thanks!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to jaspernonyx

Not really sure what you mean by puncher?

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Here Kitty

I love my big shot only problem with it is that it won't take the grand spellbinders so I ended up buying the grand calibur too.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

Isn't there something that punches out really cool designs on a page, around the border? I saw one advertised in Card Maker magazine, but I don't think it will work with 12X12 paper--it is awfully small.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty

There are tons of items that punch, just depends on what you are looking for. Here are some that you can get in the store here. This is just a few of hundreds of items available though. Browse through the store and search for "punch," "edger" or some of the key words you see below.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty

As for a die cutter and embossing device, do you want one machine that does both or do you want an electronic machine for a die cutter and a manual machine for embossing? There are many MANY choices out there, so it depends on what you want.
Personally, I use a Cuttlebug and use it for die cutting (mostly Spellbinders dies) and embossing.
Products Referenced in This Post:

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

Yes, I want one machine that can die cut and emboss! Thank you!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 06-19-11 07:02 PM

Every machine has its limitations and there are MANY on the market. I have both an electronic (Gazelle) and a manual (Big Kick) machine as they complement each other, but still there are limitations. You just have to do your research.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to stick

I love my Big Shot and use it for embossing and die cuts, it is portable and you can use coupons for it at the box stores that carry them which makes it even more affordable!

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to MrsAnnieS

I just bought a Cuttlebug last night at Hobby Lobby! I was up late playing with it--I had wanted to come home with alphabet die, but they were out. So I just bought some embossing folders and played with the one that came with the machine. The clerk asked if I had any Hobby Lobby coupons, and I said no and then asked how I could get some. She pulled out a coupon for 40% off and gave it to me! My bill went from $92 to $50 something!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty

have fun! By the way, Hobby Lobby coupons are available every week on their website. They're different each week, but they have an awful lot of 40% off coupons Also the weekly specials are on there too.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 06-21-11 12:54 PM

I love my Quickutz (now Letterpress) Revolution. I have a QK Epic also but don't use it often as most of the dies and folders I have fit the Revolution.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to GMFTS

I have a cricut expression for cutting.....LOVE my cricut!!!!

I have a big shot pro (which is just like the big shot but bigger!!!!). I can cut and emboss ANY dies!!!!!
I love both of them! I think that getting the biggest size is always better, no need to upgrade ever.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to binkiemonstermom

I am looking at "Clever Lever," which comes with 8 punches. Are most of these machines compatible with each other? For instance, if I got the Clever Lever, would I be able to use Martha Stewart or Spellbinders punches? Do I have to wait til tomorrow to find out (by calling their customer service)?

Crome_Rose
Tenant
Crome_Rose
In response to GMFTS

Finally, I found someone with a quickutz rev. I have one as well and I can get it to cut out just fine but when I go to emboss it will not roll through. I have even went out and bought new folders, tried the very thin paper. I would like to know if you can tell me what else I can try or if I'm doing something wrong-

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty

• jaspernonyx Said:
I am looking at "Clever Lever," which comes with 8 punches. Are most of these machines compatible with each other? For instance, if I got the Clever Lever, would I be able to use Martha Stewart or Spellbinders punches? Do I have to wait til tomorrow to find out (by calling their customer service)?

Is that the product you're talking about? As far as I know, no other punches will work with that - it's something different. You don't need anything to use with the Martha Stewart punches, you just use them on their own. The Spellbinders are NOT punches, they are dies. You have to use them with a machine like the Cuttlebug.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

Thank you! I will buy Martha Stewart, I think. I thought Spellbinders did EVERYTHING related to paper crafting.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

I love Hobby Lobby! As a Christian, I am impressed with the company's policy of being closed on Sundays for family time and worship. That takes alot of guts! And with substantial coupons all over the place, I will save a lot of money!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics