Username Post: Hobby Lobby Manchester NH!!        (Topic#1560277)
pieces of me
Expert
pieces of me

Just saw a commercial for Hobby Lobby. They just opened a store in Manchester NH across from the Mall of NH!! Woo-hoo! I have been wanting to go to one for years and now one has opened up here!
Can't Wait to go!

gluemore girl
Veteran
gluemore girl
In response to pieces of me

Let us New Englanders know what you think! I've never been to an HL or an Archiver's... yet!

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale

Enjoy and take a purse full of $$$. Sign up onlin for their weekly ads so you can get the % off coupons and know exactly what is on sale each week. My esp (ha ha) sees you coming out with many bags!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to pinkpaperairedale

They have some really great papers and other items in their store brand (the packages of assorted ribbon are very good). It's also the only place I've seen the 1000-packs of the 3L adhesive squares, which are normally $6 but often on sale (or use a coupon) to get a ton of them very cheaply. Your store is new so it probably won't have a clearance section yet, but I've found some neat stuff back there.

They also have some neat furniture, and I've found a couple of great home decor pieces there too (though I waited till they were on clearance).

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to aquabunny

May i live vicariously by you. I'm in MA and praying that a store that just emptied gets any kind of craft store.

yes, please let us know how things are there.

pieces of me
Expert
pieces of me
In response to cescrapper

Just printed 40% off coupons....think I am going to take a run over.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Have fun! It's dangerous to the wallet in that place. I'm just waiting on them to get the new spellbinders.

One of the managers told me that they are opening stores all over the country within the next few years.

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to siameseplease

When I lived in TX I loved HL! Now that I'm back in CT, we don't have one. I hope this means that more will be coming to New England!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Smashley

I went on Tuesday and was totally unimpressed. Because of the huge amount of home decor items, it reminded me more of a Home Goods store than a crafting store. I found the scrapbook section to be smaller than I expected, though I was surprised and pleased to see a few items that Joanns, Michaels and AC Moore do not carry.

After hearing everyone from other parts of the country RAVE about how awesome HL is, I was incredibly disappointed. I would much rather go across the street to the AC Moore in the mall (and I have to be dragged kicking and screaming to the mall).

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to moxiegirl23

Polly.... most everything in the store is 50% off at the moment, so don't waste too much ink printing coupons.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

it's open now?! woohooooo I sense a roadtrip with my local girls!!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 06-24-11 07:30 AM
In response to Tina scraps

oh cool... when we go to CK next year I can go.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to GMFTS

Our HL is awesome. Keep in mind that you can find scrapbooking supplies all throughout the store not just the scarpbooking section. Copics are back by art markers in our store. cool ribbons and buttons can be found in sewing....just saying, look all over those new stores!!!

pieces of me
Expert
pieces of me

• moxiegirl23 Said:
I went on Tuesday and was totally unimpressed. Because of the huge amount of home decor items, it reminded me more of a Home Goods store than a crafting store. I found the scrapbook section to be smaller than I expected, though I was surprised and pleased to see a few items that Joanns, Michaels and AC Moore do not carry.

After hearing everyone from other parts of the country RAVE about how awesome HL is, I was incredibly disappointed. I would much rather go across the street to the AC Moore in the mall (and I have to be dragged kicking and screaming to the mall).

Liz,

ME TOO! I just got back and was like ehh! I could take it or leave it. I was expecting the scrapbook section to be way more than it was from all the raving I have heard about HL from other posts. The Concord Michaels has more product than they did. It did feel like a home goods minus the kitchen section.

I am going to hold out hope that they will build on the Scrapbook section in the future.

In my opinion, they had a little of this and a little of that, but not a lot of any one line/manufacturer. I guess I am a picky scrapper, but I like bigger lines that have a lot to choose from like October Afternoon, Cosmo Cricket, My Minds Eye, Bo Bunny, American Crafts, etc.... So I will stick to my (not so local) LSS (which is Absolutely Everything in Topsfield and Right at Home in N. Attleboro MA) and make a few trips a year and do most of my shopping online.....

So, my opinion.....
on a scale of 1-10 I give it a 5.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Polly, have you tried Wholly Scrap on the seacoast?? They used to be pretty good - I haven't been in years. There are a couple of others in that area that one of my girlfriends (she used to own a scrapbook store) and I are going to check out later this summer.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

• pieces of me Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:

Liz,

ME TOO! I just got back and was like ehh! I could take it or leave it. I was expecting the scrapbook section to be way more than it was from all the raving I have heard about HL from other posts. The Concord Michaels has more product than they did. It did feel like a home goods minus the kitchen section.

I am going to hold out hope that they will build on the Scrapbook section in the future.

In my opinion, they had a little of this and a little of that, but not a lot of any one line/manufacturer. I guess I am a picky scrapper, but I like bigger lines that have a lot to choose from like October Afternoon, Cosmo Cricket, My Minds Eye, Bo Bunny, American Crafts, etc.... So I will stick to my (not so local) LSS (which is Absolutely Everything in Topsfield and Right at Home in N. Attleboro MA) and make a few trips a year and do most of my shopping online.....

So, my opinion.....

I LOVE Absolutely Everything! and Right at Home is pretty cool too, only been there once.

pieces of me
Expert
pieces of me

• moxiegirl23 Said:
Polly, have you tried Wholly Scrap on the seacoast?? They used to be pretty good - I haven't been in years. There are a couple of others in that area that one of my girlfriends (she used to own a scrapbook store) and I are going to check out later this summer.

Liz,

I've been to them all!!

In my opinion, Wholly Scrap has gone way down hill since they sold it. Prices are way higher and they rarely get new product.

Frugal Scrapper is okay, but they don't carry a lot of the manufacturers that I like.

Generations of Memories-Littleton: Last 2 times I have been there I said I wouldn't go back because it was all the same stuff and I went a good year apart.

Scrappin' Soul Sisters in Concord doesn't seem to be gettig anything new either. Seems like the same old paper lines every time.

Scrapbook Nook in Bellows Falls VT was one of my favorites too when we used to go to Cranberry Farm Inn for Scrapbook Retreats. I haven't been in over a year. So I can't say what they have for inventory lately....hmm...may have to take a ride up....LOL!

But, I Love Love Love Absolutely Everything and Right @ Home Scrapbooking. They are always so worth the drive. I get to AE a lot more than RAH. I usually go to AE about once a month and RAH about 3 times a year....RAH is a 2 1/2 hour drive so...that one has to be planned!!

Edited by pieces of me on 06-24-11 02:47 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

pieces of me
Expert
pieces of me
In response to Tina scraps

• Tina scraps Said:
  • pieces of me Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:

Liz,

So, my opinion.....

I LOVE Absolutely Everything! and Right at Home is pretty cool too, only been there once.

I think my favorite is Right at Home...I can get lost in there for hours and spend several hundred dollars....much to my husbands dismay! of course I don't tell him when I go....what he doesn't know can't hurt him!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I'll let you know if/when HL improves. I didn't realize that WS was sold. Bummer.

pieces of me
Expert
pieces of me

Yes, WS was sold about a two years ago. The original owners, Lorrie and Michelle, were great and I looked forward to going in. There was always something new instock and they had a great selection. Seems like it's been a lot of the same stuff for the last year. Like I said, I am a picky scrapbooker and I am always on the hunt for new product....

I know that most likely it is because of the economy. I get it. But, IMO, you can't expect customers to keep returning if you don't rotate product and get new items.

BTW, do you know what became of Michelle (The Paper Tree) is she still around? She had mentioned a condo in FLA? I miss going in and chatting with her...

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I haven't heard from Michelle since she closed. If I hear anything, I'll let you know.

It's hard to rotate some product, though. I know some lines require stores to order a minimum of 25 sheets of the same paper. If you're lucky enough to only order one dud, you're still stuck with it. Plus I know that the stores around here are HURTING bad financially and cannot afford to invest heavily in new lines of paper.

PokeyMom
Pro
PokeyMom

We did not know this till the heavy ad promotion on CH 9 starting on Friday 7/1. My dh and I miss AC Moore in Portsmouth even though Michael's and Joanne's are down the street.

I have not been to WS in ages even though it is local. A former customer bought it as a "family business". She had young children but as they grow so does the time demand with them.

Another place that we like to go to is Ben Franklin's in Rochester (they moved from Somersworth Tri-City Plaza). I have not checked out the one in Raymond since the sb shop in the plaza there shut down.

Stamped Designs in Dover has lots of good stuff (stamps, paper, classes) and is twice the size of WS. She has limited hours though.

Guess we will have to have a plan and visit HL soon to see what all the hoopla is about then go to ACMoore for a crafty fix.

NHCrzyScraper33
Guru
NHCrzyScraper33
In response to PokeyMom

HL... in NH hmmm thinking I am taking a trip that way (its about 40 minutes away) do you knpow if there is a ********'s Sporting Goods Store in that plaza, then i can get my hubby to come along hehe

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to NHCrzyScraper33

No, there is not. there's a Modell's and a Sports Authority down the street a ways, but no D icks Sporting goods.

there is a staples, shoe store, game/puzzle store, hobby store (think RC cars and model trains), military recruiting center, chinese buffet, toys r us, chuck e cheese, children's consignment store, dentist and a soccer supply store plus a load of car dealerships right next to HL, a Barnes and Noble and Walmart around the corner and of course the mall across the street.

chinese food place isn't bad. it's not my favorite, but if i'm in the area and craving chinese, I go there.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics