Page 1 of 30 
Username Post: Queen Round 12 Now Open for Sign Ups        (Topic#1560333)
scrappintlc
Queen
scrappintlc

This swap has a commitment time of 6 months. This swap also requires regular communication to your Queens.

How it works: All of the people who sign up must commit for the months of July through and including December of 2011. There will be 6 people per group.

Prerequisites to signing up: You must have successfully swapped with me before or have at least 2000 as your post status. If you do not then you must have a referral from someone who does. I am sorry if this sounds harsh but this swap is a very popular one for a reason. This swap is a high spoilage swap as well as one to get to know your fellow sb.com neighbors. There is no room for flaking in this swap.

Queen Swap terms:
Princesses = Are returning swappers to Queen or you have already been Queen on this current round
Lady in Waiting = You are new completely to the Queen Swap and have not been Queen yet this round.

Rules:
1. On the 30th or 31st of each month I will draw a name of who our Queen for the next month will be. I will then PM you the Queen's personal info. This will occur around midnight my time (EST). The announced Queen will then put the survey in their blogs marked as such. Each of the other 5 people have to shower their Queen with goodies from her survey and wishlist, NIP (no handmade) items unless an arrangement is made with your Queen in advance to maybe split something with your Queen. This is a spoilage swap, no sending of anything that is not on your Queens survey or wishlists no matter where those wishlists are. If you cannot find what your Queen desires in stores around by you, DO NOT improvise or assume your Queen will like something. You can always purchase a GC off the internet or at one of the stores your Queen lists she shops at. You can always PM your Queen for any questions regarding anything on her wishlists or survey.

2. Showering can be done in any manner you want: sending a little over a period of time, sending her items all at one time, etc. as long as the last mailing is dated by the 25th of each month. Please address the envelope or package "Queen" then the person's username so the reigning Queen will know what it is, and put your screen name in the return address spot.

3. The reigning Queen has to post when one of her minnions has showered her. Thank them publicly and state what they were showered with.

4. All Princesses and Ladies In Waiting will have to check in once every 2-4 days at least so we all know that you haven't forgotten about your Queen. If checking in is not occurring your chance for Queen reduces for the next month. IF you do not check in for two weeks in a row I will pm you once to see if you are still with us and if I get no answer then I will find a replacement for you. If you move during this swap please let me know your new mailing addy as soon as possible so that I can change this info on your personal info. Please be as detailed as possible in the PM title to me as you can.

All Queens like to be talked to. This thread moves quite fast and there is much communication going on between and amongst groups getting to know each other and their Queens.

5. I must have an email addy as well as a phone number as a way to get ahold of you. If there is any flaking on this thread then I will put your name on a flakers list that I personally own. This list is shared amongst fellow long standing hostesses and it has been known to also not allow a username to join a swap because of it. You will not be allowed to participate in this thread until all obligations are met to your Queens. I am sorry if this sounds harsh but due to circumstances occurring of late on the forum I must insist and run this swap this way. This is a game of spoilage to your Queens, IT IS NOT FAIR to take your bounties and run w/o offering a bounty to your Queens in return and not follow through on the commitment that you are agreeing to by joining this swap.

6. There are going to be three threads for this swap. This one you are signing up on will be where all Queen biz (sending/receiving/gettin g to know each other) are done here. Once I pm you the Queens personal info, use that thread to be in cahoots with the other Princesses and Ladies in Waiting to coordinate your buying for your Queen. This is where a lot of getting to know your group will come in as well as enable all of you to either go in on something big for your Queen or at least not get the same items. Depending on amount of conversation I might open up a new Queen Chat Thread.

7. I will be making HOSTESS ANNOUNCEMENTS (written in purple) that everyone must read. I also ask that nearing the end of each month all current Queens check the first page and let me know if I have recorded the bounties correctly.

Please PM me your personal info by June 30th so I can get them all organized in time to call our Queen on July 1st and PM her personal info to her minnions. Please put in the subject line your username and "Q8 Personal Info". I have all posts emailed to me and I keep these in a file in my email account. Now is the time to get all wishlists created and updated. Once the Queen is crowned she will then put the Survey in her blog.

8. There will also be a Secret Santa Swap. The amount for this is 25.00 and is again completely separate from Queen commitment. I will let you know closer to the time of sign ups on this who will host that within this swap. THIS IS ONLY IN JULY THRU DEC SWAP.

Rule number 1,467,321: teasing the Queen about upcoming goodies will be strictly allowed and enforced! Any teasing of getting back amongst any current Queens is forbidden.

This Queen game limit is $15.00 per month. If you desire to go over, that is fine but under will be considered a no-no by the Queen and the proper disciplinary action shall be placed. If you find below a username you just wanna spoil then you are more then welcome to pm me your requests and sign up for as many spots as you want. I will try my best to honor all requests on who you'd like to be in a group with.

This is a commitment, please do not sign up and then once your month is over you quit. Please be considerate of everyone who signs up and think how you would feel if someone did that to you. Thank you!

ONE huge NO NO for this swap is buying for everyone in your group early at the start. Tnis is also why I am asking everyone to NOT put the survey in their blogs until you are announced Queen. All people in this swap are in other secret pal swaps, get presents and shops for themselves. If you buy early for everyone the likelihood of them already having or not wanting those items you bought runs very high. There have been some who have done this in the past and have regretted it. If anyone has any questions or does not believe me on this then please pm and talk to the Princesses returning. Thank you.

If you have any questions please pm me and I will answer them.

Personal Info: PM this info to me by Dec. 30th with a title indicating such.
Screen Name=
Real Name=
Address=
Birthdate=
Email Addy (one in which minnions can get an electronc gc sent to you) =
Phone Number =

Queen Survey: Put in your blog ONLY once you're crowned Queen.
Are you married (name and how many years) , have kids (names and ages), pets (names and ages)=
Are you a weekly or daily chatter on the forum?
Album Size you work with the most=
Favorite Mag. that you don't subscribe to=
Do you like Idea Books=
If so, what kinds=
Favorite Brands of Paper=
Favorite Color=
Colors you don't want=
Colors you do want=
Items you don't want to recieve=
One big item or several small spread out=
Scrapbooking supply you would love to see come your way=
Favorite Scrapbooking Subject=
Events you like to scrap=
What techniques do you like/do/would like to try=
Favorite Embellishments=
Fiber/Ribbon? What type & color?
Favorite Adhesive=
Who is your favorite scrapping company? =
How would you define your scrapbooking style? =
Do you journal every page=
Do you like hidden journaling=
Do you like handmade items=
Prefer store bought items=
Any non-scrapbooking item you have been putting off buying yourself=
List 10 things you would love to be showered with=
To what online stores do you have a wishlist?Please list the websites as well as the username and passwords to retrieve them.=
Are there any GC's that you would love to see come your way from stores (do not have to be scrappy stores) you shop at in your hometown?=
Do you like any Indepenedent Home Party Resources and if so which ones=
What are your favorite snacks? =
Do you have any allergies?(smoke, floral, perfume, etc.) =
Anything you would like your minnions to know about you?
Anything you would like to add that I forgot to ask?

If you see anything you'd like to add to the questionaire above for your blogs please ask on the thread and I will include it.

3 groups of 4 August thru November, Secret Santa in December

ROYAL COURT:
Hostess ~*~ NOVEMBER

Princess Drayia ~*~ OCTOBER ~*~ Spoiling was Scrapbooksusie, LizzieP, all4mygrl

Lady In Waiting Scrapbooksusie ~*~ SEPTEMBER ~*~ Spoiling was LizzieP, Mother Goose & Trishalouise

Lady In Waiting LizzieP ~*~ removed

Princess Mother Goose ~*~ AUGUST~*~ Spoiling was LizzieP, Linzlou & Cma2a17

Lady In Waiting Javablustamper ~*~ OCTOBER ~*~ Spoilign was Hostess, cma2a17 & luvscrapin

Prinecss Trisha Louise ~*~AUGUST~*~ Spoiling was Hostess, Moonpuff & Javablustamper

Lady In Waiting Moonpuff ~*~ SEPTEMBER ~*~ Spoiling was Javablustamper, Drayia, Cma2a17

Princess & Court Jester Luvscrapin ~*~ SEPTEMBER ~*~ Spoiling was Hostess, Linzlou & All4mygrl

Princess Linzlou ~*~ OCTOBER ~*~ Spoiling was Mother Goose, Moonpuff, Trishalouise

Princess All4mygrl ~*~AUGUST~*~ Spoiling was Scrapbooksusie, Luvscrapin, Drayia

Princess Cma2a17 ~*~ NOVEMBER

NOVEMBER: (secret pals)
Mother Goose
Drayia
Scrapbooksusie

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to scrappintlc

Would love to join in again please just keep me to the later end of the 6 months until this stupid strike in Canada is over. I order from here for my Queens so it will not affect them getting their gifts.

scrappintlc
Queen
scrappintlc
In response to Drayia

Will do hon.

scrappintlc
Queen
scrappintlc

Bump a Bump bump

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie

Good Morning Ladies! Hope everyone has a terrific week!

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to scrapbooksusie

Postal strike is OVER!!!

OTTAWA – Canada Post has initiated the process to resume operations following the passage of Bill C-6, An Act to provide for the resumption and continuation of postal services.

We regret the impact of the work disruption on our customers. We will move as quickly as possible to process and deliver the mail.

Return to Service Schedule

•Canadians and Business customers can expect to start receiving mail on Tuesday, June 28.
•Post offices that were closed will start to reopen on Tuesday and resume normal hours.
•All mailboxes will be unsealed and ready to receive mail as soon as possible.

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie
In response to Drayia

Woo Hoo That's good news Drayia!! I only wish it was a weeee bit sooner! LOL

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie

Checking in...I know I applied privately but do I need to send the survey just in case I am ok'ed?

scrappintlc
Queen
scrappintlc

Hi girls, update on me:
I had to rush up north with my parents on Monday cause my grandfather isn't doing very well. He can't take care of himself anymore so he had to talk to him about moving down state in with my parents. We're coming home sometime Tuesday with him. My apologies for my absence and the proper caring for the current queens. I will update everything once I am home. Once home though I will be busy with helping my mom box up stuff from her craft room, move scrapbook/stamping stuff to get my grandfather settled. As the girls in my current Queen round know I've had a very busy hectic difficult emotional last month and a half. I feel awful for the neglect of my Queens but you know me & I will most assuredly make sure you're spoiled rotten.

Will one of you currently on this thread please copy & paste this to the current Queen thread as I can't do that from my phone. Thank you.

As for this round its supposed to start tomorrow night @ midnight, we currently don't have enough to do that so if everyone can keep bumping and recruiting it would be most appreciated. We will do groups of 5 and start with Queens August 1st.

I've been thinking of how I can switch things up a little to make Queen a little more fun and 1 thought I had was that no one will know what group they are in and the 'groups' will be different every month. It'd take a lot of keeping track on my end but think it'd be fun. Let me know what you think & if any of you have ideas also.

I thank you all for your patience now and during this long difficult month I've had.

All4mygrl
Idol
All4mygrl

ok, I am thinking about playing again.....will let you know in the upcoming weeks Robin.

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to All4mygrl

Posted for your Robin

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie
In response to Drayia

I sent out an invite, hopefully you get some more sign ups! Hope all goes well with your family, remember to breathe and steal a minute for you too!

LizzieP
Idol
LizzieP

• scrapbooksusie Said:
I sent out an invite, hopefully you get some more sign ups! Hope all goes well with your family, remember to breathe and steal a minute for you too!

I would like to join! sounds like a ton of fun! ScrapbookSusie sent me!
Just let me know where to send my info

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie
In response to LizzieP

• LizzieP Said:
  • scrapbooksusie Said:

I would like to join! sounds like a ton of fun! ScrapbookSusie sent me!
Just let me know where to send my info

Send this info:

Personal Info: PM this info to me (scrappintlc)with a title indicating such.
Screen Name=
Real Name=
Address=
Birthdate=
Email Addy (one in which minnions can get an electronc gc sent to you) =
Phone Number =

to scrappintlc

She is taking care of some family business at the moment but said this round would get started in August. So glad you found this swap and wanted to be a part of it - I thought it looked like a lot of fun!!

All4mygrl
Idol
All4mygrl
In response to Drayia

PLease add me, I am in

scrappintlc
Queen
scrappintlc
In response to All4mygrl

Hi all thank you so much for copying and pasting and inviting. So apprecaite all the help ladies, truly means a lot.

scrappintlc
Queen
scrappintlc

UPDATE ON ME:

Well we got home Tuesday late afternoon and got my grandfather set up at moms in her livingroom. We had to put the bed in there also until I could get to moms to help her move stuff from her craftroom to make room for a bed, dresser and lamp.

Than came home, once settled I tried to get on my computer adn no dice. Took ti to Best BUy and learned the mother board was shot from the bad storms we had roll through the Saturday before we came home so we had to buy a new tower and get them to set it up and transfer all my stuff. PAIN in the rear. Than my phone was going on the frisk too. Grrr technology sucks sometimes so I wasn't able to check in here with everyone until now.

Makes me feel bad cause I am not generally like this.

So all week I was in and out of moms, Best Buy, and home wishing the world would stop so I could catch up. Had to get oldest all ready to leave this past Saturday for summer camp. Youngest went today and tomorrow. Wednesday we are surprising oldest at summer camp for their family night so we'll be vacationing for two days. LOL Driving a total of 13 hours in the course of 48 hours but he'll love that we're going.

Phew and I thought that this season was called the "lazy days of summer" its been nothing like that for me so far.

Hope all is well for everyone here and I will get us all updated by the end of the week. I have to get this round updated, catch up on PM's and get the last round finalized.

Please feel free to keep inviting...I'd love to see this round be bigger

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie

WoW! You sound extrememly busy! Remember the "YOU" time is instrumental in recharging yourself so you can be there for everyone else! Lock yourself in the bathroom and take a bubblebath... The bathroom has slowly become my favorite room of the house because I can lock everyone out!

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia

• scrapbooksusie Said:
WoW! You sound extrememly busy! Remember the "YOU" time is instrumental in recharging yourself so you can be there for everyone else! Lock yourself in the bathroom and take a bubblebath... The bathroom has slowly become my favorite room of the house because I can lock everyone out!

I now have a masterbath that includes a bathtub...LOVE to take a bubble bath, light candles and sit and read a book. Yes Robin make sure you recharge your batteries too.

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie
In response to Drayia

Scrappintlc - hope all is going well with you!!!

Page 1 of 30 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics