Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Is there a tool you'd like to see?        (Topic#1560367)
Jalynne
Guru
Jalynne

Ever gotten frustrated when you're working on a project and wished there was a tool to do that? What was the frustration?

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Jalynne

I wish there was a tool to clean up my mess for me

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Luvmyfam

I wish my projects will turn out exactly in the spot I originally place them, if that makes sense.

Anytime I go to move something to adhere it, it never seems to end up in the exact same spot.

I don't own one, but I think that's sort of the secondary purpose of a magnectic layout system.

The magnets not only hold your project down so you can leave it out & walk away, if needed. But, that way I could also just lift things & hopefully, put them down in the same spot in which they lie.

Expert
In response to KellyCali

Something that would tell me "YES, you do need to change the blade on ________ " (Silhouette, trimmer, craft knife, etc.)

A flashing light or beeper for my clear ruler that I'm constantly losing...

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to HuskerMom98

I wish there was a tool that would sort through my scrap basket for me! I hate doing it so much that I put it off constantly and when I finally just do it there are so many scraps it takes forever to get them sorted and put into my binders!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter

• HuskerMom98 Said:
Something that would tell me "YES, you do need to change the blade on ________ " (Silhouette, trimmer, craft knife, etc.)

love this idea

how about something that could emboss 12x12 paper

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
I wish my projects will turn out exactly in the spot I originally place them, if that makes sense.

Anytime I go to move something to adhere it, it never seems to end up in the exact same spot.

I don't own one, but I think that's sort of the secondary purpose of a magnectic layout system.

The magnets not only hold your project down so you can leave it out & walk away, if needed. But, that way I could also just lift things & hopefully, put them down in the same spot in which they lie.

I saw a mesh piece that you covered your layout with- then you turned it upside down and taped it all at once and put it back on the paper.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to 950nancy

A few years ago I bought my daughter a lidded box, 12x12, similar to a pizza box. The bottom was covered by a magnetic sheet, and it came with magnets. The idea was to build your layout in the box using magnets. You could put the lid on and actually set it upright on a shelf without it getting messed up. (I don't think she ever used it, and I'd sure like to get it back from her!)

While it's not a tool, I wish Cricut would make the little cards that come with their Lite cartridges (no books included with those), in the same size as their books. Some of us put those into empty cartridge boxes and have to cut the card down to fit.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to dwelch

I love the machine to emboss 12 x 12 paper.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

• HuskerMom98 Said:

Love this one! I have a love-hate relationship with my favorite clear ruler because I can never find it.

Ycats
Ycats 
Expert
Ycats
  • Ycats on 06-25-11 09:36 PM
In response to Luvmyfam

I want a Silhouette and/or a collection of punches! I have to cut EVERYTHING by hand and it becomes a pain when I take two hours on something that would take 2 minutes if I had something like that.

Jalynne
Guru
Jalynne
In response to Ycats

• Ycats Said:
I want a Silhouette and/or a collection of punches! I have to cut EVERYTHING by hand and it becomes a pain when I take two hours on something that would take 2 minutes if I had something like that.

I hear you...which is why I am SO grateful to my husband for buying me one. He got it off Overstock and it was $170 or something like that. SO reasonable.

Ycats
Ycats 
Expert
Ycats
  • Ycats on 06-25-11 10:01 PM
In response to Jalynne

• Jalynne Said:
  • Ycats Said:

I hear you...which is why I am SO grateful to my husband for buying me one. He got it off Overstock and it was $170 or something like that. SO reasonable.

I can't get one for another couple YEARS! >< I live in the UK right now but in 4 years we are moving back to the states. power is done at different output levels so if I got one here I couldn't take it back to the states with me... so I'm trying to get punches!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Ycats

Ycats - my Silhouette has a power supply which has an input range of 100-240V. That means that you could use it in the UK and also in the US. You'd just have to use a standard "figure-of-8" cable with the a US plug on the end when you moved back. PT me if you need any clarification? I'd hate to see a fellow scrapper disabled from lack of techie-know-how!

Edited by RedSquirrel on 06-25-11 11:17 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to dwelch

• dwelch Said:
While it's not a tool, I wish Cricut would make the little cards that come with their Lite cartridges (no books included with those), in the same size as their books. Some of us put those into empty cartridge boxes and have to cut the card down to fit.

I have this same problem with the seasonals. I keep them in boxes with other cartridges (Summer Vacation is in with Going Places, and Baseball is in with Everyday Paper Dolls), with the cartridge under the plastic tray inside the box, and I've had to cut down the reference cards for those, too.

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever
In response to aquabunny

My dream, but - I computerized, cross-referenced cataloging system of my entire stash. That way, while I'm scrapping, I could just type in, "purple flowers" and it would show me what I have in stock - all my patterned paper, stickers, flowers and other embellies with purple flowers on them.

While I like to think I am very organized, I can't remember everything I have all the time.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to EverSoClever

the big shot pro will be able to emboss 12X12 paper. I contacted them earlier this month and they said the folders would be out in 2012!!!

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to binkiemonstermom

Reponse to dwelch:

• Quote:

and aquabunny:

• Quote:
I have this same problem with the seasonals. I keep them in boxes with other cartridges (Summer Vacation is in with Going Places, and Baseball is in with Everyday Paper Dolls), with the cartridge under the plastic tray inside the box, and I've had to cut down the reference cards for those, too.

On ebay, I purchased separate storage boxes that have the same shape and style as the original cartridge boxes but are twice as high. I got one in blue (for shapes) and one in peach (for fonts). Each box holds 8 cartridges and overlays. They were around $10 each. I use them for the solutions and seasonal carts and overlays.

I placed the reference cards in a separate plastic coupon envelope (appx. 4" x 8") with 12 partitions that you can get at a stationery store. I got one at a bargain store for about $2.

Products Referenced in This Post:

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to Solitaire

A lojack for missing tools. This morning i got this great idea i want to adhere a movie ticket stub to a mini book i'm doing and i can't find the brush I bought. so now I have to buy a new brush.

I put things away and can't find them later it's more than just fustrating.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to cescrapper

I know about those boxes, but I like to keep the reference cards right with the cart, and my two seasonals are both kept with carts I'm likely to be using for the same projects (I have no other sports carts but Paper Dolls also has baseball stuff on it, and Going Places is in a very similar style to Summer Vacation, so they complement each other great).

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics