Page 1 of 27 
Username Post: ~*~JULY 2011~*~Anything Goes Challenge!!!!**Sign Up til 7/10/11**        (Topic#1560489)
Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

JULY is on the way! Time for sign ups!

Are you ready for an exciting month of challenges that will spark your creativity and make you to step outside your comfort zone by challenging you to try variety of techniques? You may even complete that project you always wanted to finish. If so, welcome to JULY's Anything Goes Challenge!

As usual, we will enjoy daily challenges, weekly challenges, weekly photo challenges and a monthly challenge.

SIGN-UPS will be open until JULY 10th.

If you are playing for points/prizes please send me $8.00 via USPS no later than JULY 15th. If you don't want to pay, you can always play motivational (but you won't be eligible for the prizes).

Please mail to:
Megan A. Walker
311 S LASALLE ST APT 3H
DURHAM, NC 27705-3606

Alternately you can pay via PayPal by sending money to
AnythingGoesChallenge@gma il.com
If you select this method, you will have to pay $8.55 to cover PayPal fees but that’s not that bad considering a stamp would cost you $0.44

Only pages that are NEWLY completed and uploaded on or after JULY 1st count towards your total points and layouts. This challenge ends on JULY 31st, 2011 at 11:59 PM PST. All LOs, cards, pics, or other projects to be counted for points or towards your LO goal must be uploaded to your gallery AND linked to this thread with your point details. Going forward all daily/weekly/monthly pics, LOs and point details must be posted to the thread by the deadline which is Sunday 11:59 PM PST.

PRIZES: Gift certificates to sb.com!

**Prize Categories**
(prize amounts will be based upon the number of players)

1 - Most points overall - no matter what your goal was or how many layouts you complete, if you have the most points at the end of the month, then you win this category...

2 - Most points 10 or less layouts - if you set your goal for 10 or less layouts and complete 10 or less layouts for the month, then you are eligible for this category - if you complete more than 10 LOs then congrats to you, but that moves you to the other categories...

3 - Most points 11-25 LOs. If you set your goal for 11-25 layouts and complete your goal of 11-25 layouts for the month, then you are eligible for this category - if you complete more than 25 LOs then congrats to you, but that moves you to the other categories...

4 – Most daily challenges completed - I will post a new challenge everyday and if you do them, keep track of how many you complete, then you will be eligible for a prize at the end of the month. If there is a tie, then there will be a drawing. (To be eligible for this category, please start a blog at sb.com to list your challenges completed.) Daily challenges are meant to be completed on a layout, a card, or an altered project. There will be few day specific challenges but generally you will be able to complete those challenges at your own pace and you may combine several of them on a same layout, card, or altered project.

5 – Random drawing of everyone who meets their goal - very simple, meet your goal and I will put all names into a hat at the end of the month and draw one name.

***** You will only be eligible for prizes having met your LO goal. You can only win in one category.*****

Layouts are counted towards your goal in the following manner:

*8x8 or above (6x12, 8.5x11, 12x12) = 1 layout (2 pagers count as 2 layouts)
*2 6x6 = 1 layout
*3 4x6=1 layout
*4 mini layouts (3x3, 4x4 etc.)= 1 layout
*Cards do not count toward your layout goal, but you can count points for them*

Altered items and other projects can be counted as "layouts" based on the amount of work you put into them. If you aren't sure how many to count, just ask!

**A note for people who'd like to play for prizes, but not keep track of points; as long as you link/post your layouts to the thread, you can still be eligible for categories 4 & 5 of prizes!**

WHEN YOU SIGN UP, PLEASE POST YOUR LAYOUT GOAL FOR THE MONTH - YOU MAY CHANGE YOUR GOAL ANYTIME BEFORE SIGN-UPS CLOSE!

When you post your cards, LOs, or altered projects please post all points details inculding any daily, weekly, or monthly challenges you are counting them for on this thread.

Note on embedding:

ALLOWING PUBLIC EMBEDDING:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Edit Image' tab under the layout.
3. Scroll down to the bottom left side.
4. Check the box that says, ‘Allow Public Embedding’.

LINKING LAYOUTS TO THE THREAD:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Share AnyWhere' on the 'share' tab beside the layout.
3. Click on 'IMG code' button.
4. Copy and paste the code which starts [url...] into the forum thread.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

PLAYERS

paid=

Megan Ann 4/2 GOAL MET!!! 5786 pts 25 DCs
njr007 21/15 GOAL MET!!! 17858 pts 22 DCs
amancuso 10/10 GOAL MET!!! 5255 pts 13 DCs
nanasan 8/7 GOAL MET!!! 9 DCs
AshleyLadd 25/25 GOAL MET!!! 15422 pts 26 DCs
dkscrapper 10/10 GOAL MET!!! 12372 pts 18 DCs
NewSnow0518 6/6 GOAL MET!!! 6144 pts 17 DCs
senora_x 29/25 GOAL MET!!! 10970 pts 11 DCs
Nana Linda J 20/20 GOAL MET!!! 7675 pts 15 DCs

MOTIVATIONAL

jadecook 0/6
SwtTxt 0/15
vincarash 0/11
phillyscraps 0/10
Sparklegirl 0/15
Fortunes Fool 0/10
GentlewoodFarms
Chantal Miller 0/12
Splendid Moments 0/6
jazzescrapper 0/20
kdsmommy 0/15

Edited by Megan Ann on 08-05-11 12:26 PM. Reason for edit: adding totals! pm me yours!

AnythingGoesChallenge
Resident
AnythingGoesChallenge
In response to Megan Ann

~*~DAILY CHALLENGES~*~

BONUS POINTS: YOU MAY TAKE +10 pts for completing the daily challenge by 11:59 pm (PST) on the same day/date that it was posted for! (SO the 9/2 challenge needs to be completed by 11:59 pm on 9/2 to take the +10 bonus points.)

7/1: Set up your daily challenge blog, your monthly goals blog, and your signature line. Then share the links to the 2 blogs here and take +125 pts!

7/2: Use a list on your project with at least 7 things on the list. It could be anything from a wish list to a grocery list to a list of the top 10 reasons you love your spouse! If it is hidden please include a close up picture! +150 pts

7/3: What is your favorite current trend (ex. owls! handmade flowers, cupcakes, etc.)? Share with us for +25 pts AND use it on a project for +125 pts! This is a 2 part challenge, you cannot take credit for completing it unless you complete both parts!

7/4: Independence Day! Generally red, white, and blue are used on this holiday. We are going to put a twist on this. No red white and blue this time. Here is how we will symbolize some of the icons for Independence day.
Independence: Use only 1 photo on your LO.
Fireworks/Sparklers/Celeb ration: Use the brightest, shinniest bling you own (make it sparkle!)
Flag/Stripes/Our Country: Use three bright colors of paper (pp and/or cs) and with one of those papers use a banner on your lo.
Hope you have fun with this! 275pts (LO only)

7/5:Today I gave birth to a healthy baby boy 20 years ago!! Labor and delivery can be long and "tough"! How we remember huh!? Today we are going to deliver a LO in a timely fashion, lets take the long and tough out.
Deliver a Timed LO:
First start with a clean surface (no supplies, pictures, etc) at your reach. Think of what you want to scrap ahead of time. From the "first item" you touch to start your page, you have "30 minutes" to complete (deliver) your finished page. 161 pts

7/6: Mix and Match
Use the color you dislike the most "and" the color you love the most and combine it with either "one" the these colors: BROWN, BLACK, OR WHITE. 200pts

7/7: Paper Piecing:
Paper piece something (fonts not included) apply to page 90pts. Apply to card 60pts.

7/8: Frame it: We often put embellies on our photos, or overlapping them, or just mat them. Spice it up a little, this time actually frame it. Frame atleast one of your photos on your page. (LO only) 115pts

7/9: Space: We all need some socially, on our desks, etc. Lets give our pages some space. Create a LO with 60% negative space. 150pts
Card with 50% negative space. 80pts

7/10: Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star:
The ones we scrap/scrap about are twinkles in our eyes in one way or another. Add 11 stars (cut outs, die cuts, chipboard, brads, eyelets, buttons, gems, stickers, or punch) to your page. Excludes patterned paper "unless" you "cut the star from it." 200pts

7/11: Today I am feeling blue. Make an LO (125 points) or card (75 points) using mostly blue . If you make it all blue monochrome you can add an additional 25 points to either.

7/12: I need a pick me up after yesterday so I’d like to see flowers, lots of them! Layouts only please – use up to 5 flowers for 100 points, use up to 7 flowers for 125 points, use 8 or more flowers for 150 points.

7/13: today is Embrace Your Geekness Day. So show me an lo expressing your geekness or that of someone you know for 150 points

7/14: Sketchy Thursday. Use this sketch on a lo for 150 points
7/14 Sketchy Thursday By Njr007

7/15: Christmas in July! Take out your old Christmas photos and make a Christmas layout for 300 points

7/16: I have a ton of ribbon and lace that I do not use enough. So use ribbon or lace on your project for 100 points. If you use both add an additional 50 points.

7/17: I’m having dinner with friends this evening. Let’s celebrate friendship. You can make a card for a friend for 75 points or make a friend layout for 150 points

7/18: Use a cliche finder to locate a LO or card title for 100 points then post here not only the search term you used but also the list the cliche finder returned.

If you make a LO with the title and post it here, take an additional 50 points for a total of 150 points.

If you make a card with the title and post it here, taken an additional 25 points for a total of 125 points.

Here's a cliche finder:
http://www.westegg.com/cliche/

7/19: Make your TITLE the significant design element of your LO for 125 points or on a card for 100 points.

7/20: Tie twine or string on your LO for 125 points or on a card for 100 points.

7/21: Make a LO (LO only) about one of your favorite songs and depict or journal about why it's important to you for 200 points.

7/22: In honor of summertime and lots of sunshine, make your card or LO primarily yellow.

If you make it monochrome take 150 points for a LO or 125 for a card.

If not monochrome, then take 100 for a LO or 75 for a card.

7/23: Saturday's challenge is to put lots of snowflakes on your card or LO. This is in honor of the Winter in July celebration I'm going to take my grandkids to tomorrow morning. There's going to be lots of snow for them to play in.

Use at least 5 snowflakes for 150 points

7/24: Make a pocket, envelope, pouch, or attached booklet with hidden journaling or hidden pictures to your LO - so LO only. Make sure you show us where the hidden journaling or photos are.

This is for 150 points.

7/25: As you probably know, I live in Oklahoma, and what that means is that I have been living under the worst heat dome in recorded American History. I haven't seen the thermometer below 105 since the first week of June. And there is no water - no rain, the grass is dry, the pasture is burned up, and the central part of the nation is suffering.

This is an environmental crisis of the worst proportions we've seen since the dust bowl.

Today's Challenge : I am desperate to see water - I do not care what form it takes ...swimming pools, rain, oceans, beaches...anything wet. Anything cool. Anything that reminds me that water is out there...

Scrap a layout using water for 150 points.

7/26: Accept my apology for 150 points. :-)

7/27: (To collect +10 bonus pts for completing same day, you must have posted this daily by 9 PM EST on 7/28/11.) The temperature today hit 115 degrees. There is not a cloud in the sky. Use sky blue and cloud white in your layout today -- 150 points.

7/28: Here's something to think about and use for your inspiration today --- 150 points.

Yesterday is only a memory, and tomorrow is only a vision, but each today, well-lived, makes every yesterday a memory of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope.

hours.

7/30: (Saturday Sketch Challenge) Use this sketch to create a project for today!

7/31: Seems like this week just got away from me in a big hurry. I'm normally much more on top of things, but I've been struggling with my computer for most of the week. It just doesn't seem to get that I have obligations.

Today is the last day of July and the first day of the week. That presents an interesting twist.

Scrap something that has one "last" and one "first" on it. I'll leave that open to your interpretation. 150 points!

Edited by AnythingGoesChallenge on 07-31-11 09:39 PM. Reason for edit: adding challenges!!

AnythingGoesChallenge
Resident
AnythingGoesChallenge
In response to AnythingGoesChallenge

~*~Weekly Challenge and Photo Challenge~*~
These challenges MUST be posted WITH POINTS DETAILS by 11:59 PM PST Sunday to take points for the weekly challenges.

RULE: If you take a pic of your computer screen because you do not have the item asked for in the weekly photo challenge you will only get half points for the picture of your computer screen. So if the challenge was originally worth 100 pts, you would get 50 pts; worth 50 pts, you would get 25 pts; etc.

As you are all aware, the national news has been all about the United States Budget talks. This week, we are going to do OUR parts to keep our scrap spending at a minimum.

Your weekly challenge is this.

Create a page using ONLY papers and products from your scrap box and excess stash. You are not permitted to spend a single dime for any product to finish this page.

The twist is this :

NOR are you permitted to OPEN any new product to complete it. If you run out of adhesive - you'll have to figure out another method for attaching items. If you run out of ink - too bad, use colored pencil or crayon or magic marker.

This is about us being frugal. Maybe the US Government will take a lesson from us and get their financial house in order as well.

Good luck, girls!

WEEKLY CHALLENGE: 400 PTS

Weekly Photos : 50 points each

1. Money
2. Budget Item
3. Saving
4. Spending
Compromise

Weekly photos (50 points each):

chocolate
vanilla
cherry
grape

Weekly challenge:

Make and post here your own stencil for 200 points

Use your newly made stencil on a LO and post it here for 100 points or on a card for 50 points

Weekly challenge
7/11-7/17

I am starting off my week at a funeral. One of my favorite cousins died. I know that I am going to see a lot of family I have not seen in a long time, probably since the last funeral, which makes me sad because I really love spending time with my cousins and aunts and uncles. I know we will be taking lots of photos and I want to make sure I get some scrapped, so for the weekly challenge, scrap a picture that includes your extended family for 300 points

Weekly photos worth 50 points each
7/11-7/17

Middle
Bottom
Side

Weekly Challenge
7/4-7/10

Technique Tuesday (week)
I love learning techniques and using them. I want to start putting them into a binder so I can pull them out more and use more instead of the same ones over and over. There will be two parts to this and you must complete both to collect points.
1. Share in a blog atleast 3-5 techniques you love to use, have used or want to use. (75pts)
2. Use atleast three of the techniques you shared on a lo. (275pts)

Your total for this is 350Pts.
Have fun and looking forward to seeing these techniques.

Weekly Pics:
7/4-7/10 Each 50Pts
Something Hip
Something Trendy (not scrapbook related)
Something Funky
Something Narly

Half-Weekly Challenge
7/1/11-7/3/11

It is almost time for the 4th of July in the US and that means Independence Day! I want you to reflect on the concept of Independence and come up with an idea for a project based on your concept of Independence. It DOES NOT have to be a big project!!!! For example, does Independence mean gratitude to military women and men who have fought wars under the flag of independence? Then make a card for a soldier. You can make a LO about leaving your parents home to live independently. Those are not very creative and quick examples. But run with this, you can interpret it loosely!

+250 pts for a smaller Independence project (like a card or a handmade embellishment)

+400 pts for a larger Independence project (like a LO or a mini-album)

Half-Week Pictures
love +75 pts
lovely +75 pts
lover +75 pts

Edited by AnythingGoesChallenge on 07-29-11 05:52 PM. Reason for edit: adding challenges!!

AnythingGoesChallenge
Resident
AnythingGoesChallenge

MONTHLY CHALLENGE

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

BONUS POINTS!!!!

Take +300 bonus points if you pay by JULY 5th,
take +200 points if you pay by JULY 10th,
take +100 pts if you pay by JULY 15th, the deadline!

*~JULY POINTS LIST~*~
LO, CARD, AND ALTERED PROJECT ITEM POINTS

1 POINT ITEMS
- PER photo corner, button, staple, brad, paper clip, jewel, pearl, or metal clips.
- PER sticker used (flat or 3D, NOT alphas in title)
- PER letter/number used in title only (stamped, sticker, chipboard, rub-on, die cut, etc.)
- PER hand stitch

5 POINTS PER EACH ITEM USED ON A LO OR CARD
(example: if you use three different pattern papers take 15 points)
- PER cardstock/pattern paper used
- PER scripture, recipe, quote or poem (includes song lyrics)
- PER type/kind of ribbon or fiber or embroidery floss/thread used
- PER rub on shape or word (border, frame, flower,“love” etc. NOT individual letters or numbers)
- PER stamped image or word on your project
- PER color of glimmer mist or ink used
- PER hand-cut embellie (that you cut out w/ scissors)
PER type of bling
PER font/color used in title
- PER unique texture on your LO (velvet, spackle, bubble wrap, smooth metal, embossing, foam, flocked, felt, fabric, foil, or vinyl, etc.)
- PER card or swap item made (full points for first, 10 pts for each identical one)
- PER layout 6x6 or smaller (MUST have a link in this forum)

5 POINTS FOR USING THESE ITEMS/TECHNIQUES ON A LO OR CARD
(only take 5 points once for each item you use, no matter how many times you use it)
- for distressing (inking, tearing, etc...any type)
- for using glossy accents or crackle accents or other epoxy/enamel accents
- for using paint or Stickles
- for using chipboard/grungeboard/car dboard
- for using die cut shapes (not letters/numbers!)
- for using a punch
- for having a journaling block OR journaling strips
- for using metal items (excluding brads, staples, and eyelets)
- for using the following themes: summer, family/friends, pets
- for creating a LO for another challenge on sb.com or on another blog/website (MUST tell what challenge it is for AND if it is not an sb.com challenge you MUST post the website link to the challenge!)
- for having hidden pics or journaling—to take these points, you must include a close up of the hidden items in your gallery and link to this thread

10 POINT ITEMS:
- PER 8x8 or larger (6x12, 8.5x11, 12x12) layout (MUST have a link in this forum)
- PER transparency or overlay used on your project
PER mask used
- for using bottlecaps
- for using embossing (wet or dry)
- for using 5+ shape stickers on your LO (“shape” meaning any stickers except letter stickers)
- for machine sewing
- for using scraps
- for scraplifting a member of sb.com OR using a pagemap/sketch (link the original page too, always possible even if it is just the link-that starts with http://-- cannot take points without link)

20 POINT ITEMS:
- for using your OWN design that is NOT based on someone else’s design or sketch
- PER layout with no pictures
- PER altered item created

50 POINTS (yes, you read that correctly!):
- for creating your own SKETCH (you DO NOT need to create a LO with it), posting it in your gallery and linking it to this thread

PICTURE POINTS ON YOUR LAYOUTS/PROJECTS/CARDS

5 POINTS:
- PER picture (4 pics = 20 pts.)
- PER person or animal in each pic
- PER picture over 5 years old OR less than ONE months old
- PER black & white, sepia toned, OR colored pic

10 POINTS:
- PER picture that YOU are in
- PER picture with NO people or animals in it
- PER photo larger than 4x6 OR 3x3 (2x3, 2x2, etc.) or smaller
for single page LO w/ 3+ pics OR double page LO w/ 7+ pics
- for having an embellie or journaling on or overlapping the picture

JOURNALING POINTS

-1 point PER word of journaling (not pre-printed embellies) up to 400 points
-25 points for every 50 words over 400 (E.g. Total of 500 words would equal 450 points)
-10 points for using handwritten journaling on your page (or 20 pts for 50+ words or 50 points for 100+ words)

ADDITIONAL POINTS

2 POINTS:
- PER comment you post in a gallery/blog/my place
- PER new photo taken by you, posted to your sb.com gallery, and linked to this thread

5 POINTS:
- PER any new BLOG entry (NO POINTS FOR UPDATING A BLOG) (MUST have a link to this forum)
- For cleaning up your scrap area after you completed the posted layout
- For updating your siggy-points & layouts info IMMEDIATELY after posting points (Max. 4 times per day!)

10 POINTS:
- for doing a THOROUGH cleaning of your scrap area when it is messy! YOU MUST POST A BEFORE AND AFTER pic to take the points! (MAX # of times you can take these points per month: 10)
- for completing a goal on you list of “Goals For the Month of July” list made during the month (MAX # of goals you can take points for per month: 10!)

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

Challenge Volunteers! These are the new rules for people who want to volunteer to do a week of challenges.
1.The weekly challenge cannot be worth more than 400 pts.
2.The daily challenges can only be worth 150 pts with one exception per week up to 300 pts. So 6 days of 150 points or less and one challenge up to 300 points.
3.The daily challenges should generally be something that can be incorporated into ANY LO. Not a challenge that you must make a LO for that you wouldn't have made otherwise. But it CAN require you to make a whole LO for one challenge per week.
4.Picture challenges can only be worth up to 250 pts total added up for all pictures. There should not be more than 6 pictures for the weekly photo challenge.
5. You SHOULD post the challenge by 10 AM EST (which is 7AM PST) OR post the challenge the night before, preferably after 9PM your time.

****Weeks will run from Monday to Sunday!****
JULY 2011
1-3 Megan Ann
4-10 Splendid Moments
11-17 njr007
18-24 AshleyLadd
25-31 GentlewoodFarms

THANK YOU VOLUNTEERS!!!

NEED ONE PERSON or GROUP TO DESIGN A MONTHLY CHALLENGE!!! pm me if you are interested...If your MC is chosen I will send you a small RAK!!!

Fortunes Fool
Governor
Fortunes Fool
In response to Megan Ann

ok, I did this challenge when it first started years ago. I'm willing to try it again. My goal will be 10 los.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Fortunes Fool

woo hoo! glad to have you!

njr007
njr007 
Queen
njr007
In response to Megan Ann

Hi Megan.
I want to play again this month.
I will sign up for 15 LO's.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to njr007

good to have you again Norma!

amancuso
Diva
amancuso
In response to Megan Ann

Count me in for 10!

nanasan
Diva
nanasan
In response to amancuso

Ok...I cccanann do this......sign me up!

7 lo's.

Sandra

AshleyLadd
Diva
AshleyLadd
In response to nanasan

I'm in again. I volunteer to be a weekly host.

njr007
njr007 
Queen
njr007
In response to AshleyLadd

Woo-hoo glad you joined us Sandra!

Megan I can host a week, prefer the middle weeks of the month please

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to njr007

I want to join. Only motivatioal right now! I really want to play for points so I will see how it goes first before I start playing for points!
My goal is 6 LO's!

SplendidMoments
Governor
SplendidMoments
In response to jadebrit

I'm in again. I can host a week also.
I'm gonna say 6 LO's (I might change it dunno)

SwtTxT
SwtTxT 
Guru
SwtTxT
In response to SplendidMoments

I am going to play motivational.I am going to make my goal 15 LOs.

Hey Jade!! Glad to see you!

Hi Ashley. Nice to meet you too.

SplendidMoments
Governor
SplendidMoments
In response to SwtTxT

Tina.... so glad your back!

amancuso
Diva
amancuso
In response to SplendidMoments

I am so ready for July!