Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: adhesives - help        (Topic#1560523)
New Kid On the Block

Hi everyone! I am new to scrapbooking and I would like to have some tips about adhesives. I am going to make an album for my son (he is 8 months). I can't decide which adhesive to buy. There are so many available on the site! I don't know where to start.
What do you suggest?

Thank you so much

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Piperitapatty

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15599...

I think you'll find most people prefer the Scotch ATG. I don't have one (yet) so I use glue dots and the blue 2 way mostly. I have some Scotch quick dry for making flowers.

HTH

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to kelseymel

This will be very helpful to you here:

How to search the forums

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Bxr-Linda

both are VERY helpful links.

Personally, I have the ATG and LOVE it! You can get it at M's for 50% off with a coupon which gets it to just around $20. Yes, that's pricey but when you start adding up all the adhesive runners and liquid glues, (don't use glue sticks- they're BAD and don't stick forever) it's actually cheaper to get an ATG.

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to Seaexplore

It took me awhile to love my ATG but I do now. Also glue dots are a girls best friend.

DON'T USE LIQUID GLUE (except in certain instances). I learned the hard way. Wish I had thought to ask.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to ncyankee

ATG and homemade glue dots for me!!!!!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to binkiemonstermom

Have never learned to love my ATG. I'm a BIG fan of Tombow adhesive. I've heard some people say it doesn't stick well, but the albums I did 5 years ago have done just fine, and I've used it ever since. The hardest thing to get used to is the fact that you only have to put a little in each corner or a strip down each side to get your items to stick. You don't have to cover the back in adhesive. I'm definitely an "overachiever" when it comes to the amount of adhesive I think I have to use!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to dwelch

It really is personal preference. Me, I prefer glue runners. I don't like glue sticks or tape runners (they don't hold long-term for me) or liquid glue (too messy for me - and many of them will warp your paper). I also use glue dots for embellishments. Here are my favorites:

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to dwelch

Depending on what I'm adhering, I like Glue Dots, adhesive squares, the Zig 2-way (the chisel tip, NOT the squeeze-and-roll), and the ATG. And pop-up foam, though I often use an additional adhesive on that for security.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to dwelch

• dwelch Said:
Have never learned to love my ATG. I'm a BIG fan of Tombow adhesive. I've heard some people say it doesn't stick well, but the albums I did 5 years ago have done just fine, and I've used it ever since. The hardest thing to get used to is the fact that you only have to put a little in each corner or a strip down each side to get your items to stick. You don't have to cover the back in adhesive. I'm definitely an "overachiever" when it comes to the amount of adhesive I think I have to use!

I totally agree. I could never get used to the ATG, either. Maybe try using one at your LSS or borrowing one from a friend before investing? I also use Tombow Monoadhesive and love it. I have been scrapping for several years and don't have issues with it coming off. In fact, a friend of mine in a pretty humid climate asked me what I use for adhesive because the cards I send her stick so well. I get mine at a pretty cheap price by buying in bulk.

For heavy or bulky embellies like buttons, flowers, etc, I use glue dots or KI gloo.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to siameseplease

I totally love my ATG

Edited by debby_westbrook on 06-29-11 04:06 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to debby_westbrook

I go with plain old double sided scotch tape! It is permanent and acid free not to mention available pretty much everywhere! Which is great if you're in a pinch and can't get to a LSS or wait to order online.

I also use glossy accents and scotch quick dry for my liquid glue needs. I have tacky glue and glitter glue on hand also for those rare occasions.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to MrsAnnieS

I have used everything in the past. Discrovered the ATG - now everything else sits in the drawer.

For me it is nothing but the ATG!!!!

Took a day or two to get used to, now I don't enjoy scrapping with anything else!

New Kid On the Block

Another Scrapbooker - yeah! I use foam tape for cards for popping up elements and I use pop dots. Love any of the Scotch products. I'm experimenting with M's new line of tapes because they're cheap. Used to like Creative Memories until I had a book that was a few years old and all the tape dryed up. It really depends on what you're adhering to what. Have fun scrapping!

ReginaOklaScrapper
Expert
ReginaOklaScrapper
In response to shatfiel

I love glue dots..I used the double tip tombow monoaqua glue for a while but once I found the glue dots, I haven't looked back.

New Kid On the Block
In response to ReginaOklaScrapper

Thank you for your replies!
I can't wait to start scrapbooking!

surescrapsalot
Veteran
surescrapsalot

I swear by my Glue Glider Pro from Glue Arts....it's similar to the ATG but a lot smaller and I find easier to use.....the truth is, everyone has their own personal favourite and until you try them you don't really know what will work for you...

Edited by surescrapsalot on 07-01-11 03:28 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MindyO
MindyO 
Veteran
MindyO
In response to surescrapsalot

my personal favorite is e-z runner -- I can't scrap without it

Ilka79
Ilka79 
Veteran
Ilka79
In response to MindyO

ATG GUN!!! It is the best, I used most of the adhesives before I got ATG. Now I love my ATG GUN, it is worth the money.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Ilka79

Hi, girls! I have one more question: I would like to work with handmade paper. Do you know which adhesive works better? Any suggestions?

Thank you for all your tips!

I will place an order soon as most of the adhesives you mentioned are hard to find here in Italy.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics