Username Post: What types of pens should I get?        (Topic#1560531)
afitzgerald91
Resident
afitzgerald91

Right now all I have is a black Marvy LePlume (double sided) and though I love the way it writes, I don't expect it to get me through every page. I've looked at pens/markers at AC Moore but I have no idea where to even start. I'd like a collection so I have a wide variety of colors...But which kind is best? What is a good value? Some of those packs are upwards $60! What do you use, what do you suggest?

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to afitzgerald91

I use my pens almost exclusively for journaling, and I favor a black Sakura Gelly Roll pen.

ellybug312
Veteran
ellybug312
In response to aquabunny

Good question lol i need some advice on pens too!

Lauri D
Diva
Lauri D
In response to ellybug312

Not sure what to suggest for pens, I don't use them much anymore. But when I'm working on a theme like lets say Christmas I'll buy a red & a green, then if I'm doing valentines I'll get a pink and a light green, I'll just pick up a new color or 2 as needed. I do the same with stickles. But this is good if you don't want to spend the money all at once on a set.

in the product search bar type in pens and read the reviews, that might help. That's what I do when I'm researching a new product.

I like LePlume vs. Zig because I can't use zig on stamps as where I can with LePlume. Not familiar w/ other brands, sorry

KatieJo
Mayor
KatieJo
In response to Lauri D

These types are some of my favorites, but I've also used random gel pens as well.
Products Referenced in This Post:
Zig Writer - Black (Discontinued)

MisasMom
Resident
MisasMom
In response to KatieJo

I have to agree with Zig writers. I have one that's is several years old and still works great. They are my go to pens, I use navy, brown or black most of the time.

JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss
In response to MisasMom

I like bith the Zig pens and the LePlume pens, as well as Micron pens. I also have a large collection of Creative Memories, but in looking closely at them and my Microns I think they're basically the same pen.

Jen

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to JenKoss

I love the Tombow double sided pens ... I got three different color sets on clearance at M's ... I think that each set of ten was less than $10

I use the thin side for journaling and the thicker side for coloring stamps

scrappyjackson
Veteran
scrappyjackson
In response to madmatter

which of these pens work on stamps? this is the first I had seen to use pens to ink stamps! what a great idea to be able to color each portion!!!! And does this work on acrylic stamps? rubber stamps?

Christine19850
Veteran
Christine19850
In response to afitzgerald91

I'm in love with my Zig writer's too. Once again, I mainly use them for writing and doodling on my cards. I've been picking them up on sale at one of my local chains for about $5 for a pack of 3 - they're double ended too. I also raided my fiancee's pencil case when he finished his tech drawing class - some of his fine liners were a 0.1mm tip which are awesome for doodling and drawing in fine detail! They're all in black though. I'd try and find somewhere you can try testers before you buy them.

bwasek
bwasek 
Expert
bwasek
In response to Christine19850

I'm in dire need of new pens but hate to fork over so much money for a large set not knowing how I will like them! So I just keep putting it off.

Hey Jude
Veteran
Hey Jude
In response to bwasek

LOVE my Sakura Gelly Rolls as well... in every color.

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to Hey Jude

One of my favorite is my white signo pen -- it's the only white one that I found that rolls well without skipping.

chulisnaquis
Resident
chulisnaquis
In response to ncyankee

hello!!

what about Sakura Souffle Gel Ink Pen, is the 3-D
effect ... it can add dimension?

ScrappinGirl162
Veteran
ScrappinGirl162
In response to chulisnaquis

i use micron 0.35(03) and the souffle puffy pens i love the way micron writes so smoothly the souffle pens may not be as puffy like a cloud.. be it does have a bit of lift to it

Coastie Wife
Pro
Coastie Wife
In response to ScrappinGirl162

Zig's!!! They're my fav. I do use the souffle puffy pens sometimes too though.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics