Username Post: Cuttlebug or Big Shot?        (Topic#1560591)
scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Which is better, is the Big Shot enough larger than a Cuttlebug to justify buying one? I already have a Cuttlebug but am wishing I could do larger areas. Any suggestions?

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to scrap4brains

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15604...

This question comes up once a week. I think you'll find the Big Shot has a tiny bit higher percentage of fans, but both are great machines.

whateveriwant
Resident
whateveriwant
In response to kelseymel

If you're looking for a larger cutting surface, I'd skip both the CB and BS and go with the Grand Calibur.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to whateveriwant

with some minor differences, the big shot is pretty much almost exactly like the CB,,,,I believe the BS can cut the second to largest grand nestie and the cb can only cut the third largest,,

Love my BS, but now I wish I'd bought the grand calibur.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to CommaHolly

thanks. I think for now I'll stick with my CB. That Grand Calibur looks nice but that's a lot of cash for me right now.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom

I'd say skip all three of them and get the Big shot pro!!! In 2012, they are supposed to have 12X12 embossing folders!!!!! Can't wait!! With the big shot pro, you can do any kind of dies!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to binkiemonstermom

Yeah, but I'm not going to be able to afford the BSP anytime soon. Like ever, lol!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Here Kitty

So with the Big Shot Pro I will be able to do 12 x 12 papers? Any idea how much it will be?

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Henri Jean

The machines are already available.
Products Referenced in This Post:

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to Here Kitty

I am a fan of the Cuttlebug. I don't think I can ever justify over 3 hundred dollars for the Big shot pro. Plus I bet the large embossing folders or dies will be pretty costly. I do cards, not scrapbooks so maybe that is why the CB is plenty for me.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to pinkpaperairedale

So cool. Wonder if the half-off coupon will work on it at Michaels.

I am on a budget hold right now though until after vacation. No big purchases until after we get home.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

well, M's let me use a 50% off coupon on the regular BS,,,,,,but will they even HAVE the Big Shot pro????

eh, not worth it to me,,,,i do mostly cards and minibooks,,,,,only the OCCASIONAL 12x12,,,,,I could buy a TON of punches, lace, ribbon, ink, stamps, etc for that price!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

I just watched the video for the big shot pro,,,,,,,

and she never used the big shot pro I think that vid was put there by accident,,,she only used her regular BS

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom

I have never seen the pro at any local store, only online. There has been some very good deals for it lately though. Joann's carrys it. Not sure if you can use a coupon or not. The prices I have seen are no where close to $300....well, well under it!!! And the dies are coming down now, several stores have them clearanced. sizzix.com has some for sale all the time. I can't wait until the 12X12 folders come out! Not sure on the price on those yet.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

$332!??? Holey smokes!

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom

I have seen $228-$240 at many other places!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I can already hear my husband singing, "Merry Christmas to You... Merry Christmas to you... and he has no idea!

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom

Great time to pick one up!!!!

scrapsweet
Veteran
scrapsweet

I vote for Grand Calibur as well, got mine best price on HSN.com - with 2 sets of dies and on interest-free payment plan!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics