Username Post: Photos TIPS        (Topic#1560815)
Nidia_Ponte
New Kid On the Block
Nidia_Ponte

Hi there

I have a lot of pic's that are very old and they are black and white. They also have manual writing in they back.

So I'm looking for ideas to put those photos in a album, where you can see the front as also the back of the photo.

Will wait for your input.

thanks
Nidia

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Nidia_Ponte

If there is writing ont he back the only suggestions are to copy the writing on the back with a good printer. I've been told that the ones that scan are the best for copying (which one of mine does).

Or you can scan the backs and print them out.

The other option might be to get the scrapbook pages with the individual pockets and you could slip the picture in and see both sides. Those come with different size openings to accomodate a lot of different sized pictures.

Nidia_Ponte
New Kid On the Block
Nidia_Ponte
In response to Henri Jean

Thanks for the ideas

Lauri D
Diva
Lauri D

I have photos that are over 100 years old and some have writing on the back. I don't scrap them as they will be forever ruined. I take scan them on photo paper and the I journal what was written on the back and if I know journal who wrote t also. Sometimes I just scan the back of the photo. But if it is an old heritage photo and the only one, best to make a copy to scrap!

This one below is my g.ma from 1943 and framed, so I took a picture of the photo and printed itand made this. No way would I ever glue the original to anything!

Grandmother Memorial Page By Lauri D

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Lauri D

This is a very elegant page! Your grandmother was stunning!

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser

I have very few examples of my father's handwriting, so I wanted to preserve it where I had it. Being career Navy, he had a b/w photo of one of the ships he was assigned to and a note on the back as to the name. I did a VERY simple tribute album and scrapped the ship and the handwriting -- but I scanned both and printed the scans and used them. (Hard to see, but this is grounded on white cs.)

USS Fred Barry - Pg 7 By Meezerpleaser

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to meezerpleaser

I'm really touced by this one Lucinda. My father was a Marine, but not career. However, he was at Iwo Jima when the flag was raised.

When my oldest son was in the 7th grade (private Christian school) his teacher asked each student to do a big report on something someone in thier family did to help to keep our country free.

My father had never shared anything about his experiences in WWII but for my son he talked - or wrote - for the first time.

He wrote 18 pages of things about World War II and where he was and what he was doing in his own handwriting. It is awesome.

I've been buying Marine papers and embellies and am strongly considering doing a tribute book for him some day.

His handwriting is a little hard to read so I've typed it up also to put with it.

Nidia_Ponte
New Kid On the Block
Nidia_Ponte
In response to Lauri D

I'm not scraping on the original photos. I will scan them and I think on scan the back also.

The old photos that I have are from the year 60', they are from Angola, my dad was there during the Portuguese war. And those original photos are becoming stained, so I’ve scan then to preserve in a digital form. Those photos are also kind of letter that he wrote to my mother during that time.
I will do a page of my album and then I will put here for you to see.
:-)

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Henri Jean

• Henri Jean Said:
If there is writing ont he back the only suggestions are to copy the writing on the back with a good printer. I've been told that the ones that scan are the best for copying (which one of mine does).

Or you can scan the backs and print them out.

The other option might be to get the scrapbook pages with the individual pockets and you could slip the picture in and see both sides. Those come with different size openings to accomodate a lot of different sized pictures.

I was going to suggest the same things.
Maybe you'd want to scan and print to create scrapbook layouts, then keep the originals in page protectors for storage?

Products Referenced in This Post:

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics