Username Post: securing pages        (Topic#1560873)
amylw1
amylw1 
New Kid On the Block
amylw1

hi,

what is the best way of securing pages together? am i better off buying a pre-made book and then decorating the pages and adding my photos etc or using loose sheets and trying to attacth them together?

thanks.

amy

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to amylw1

I use patterned paper and cardstock for each page layout that I do.

I put them in the plastic sleeve protector in the scrapbook.

I don't know about using loose sheets and trying to attach them together. I don't know how that would work.

Some of us use 3 ring 12x12 books and some use post bound scrapbook. Some scrappers use 8x8 or other sizes but we start with scrapbook with plastic sleeves.

I know one person who buys older books from stores and puts pictures and embellies on them and makes what she calls altered books. Those are lovely too!

amylw1
amylw1 
New Kid On the Block
amylw1
In response to Henri Jean

thank you for your reply.

the only "scrap book" i have ever used was a bit bigger than a4 paper, had 60 sheets of paper in it and i glued my sons pictures/paintings etc from nursery into it to keep them all.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to amylw1

That would work but if you want the books to last until your son is grown and beyond, you will want to use acid free-lignen free papers and adhesives and embellies. Those are made for scrapbooking and won't age and yellow and desentigrate.

Check Hobby Lobby, Joannes, Michaels and scrapbook storesand other craft stores for scrapbooks. They can be found for as low as $10.00 and you work and treasured pictures will be preserved.

I use "Make it Acid Free" which comes in a can and spray it over non-acid free items such as menus and ticket stubs.

Most of us, I think, plan to pass our books to future generations and are very conscious of preserving them.

I have some of my kids (youngest is 34 now) crayon pictures from pre-school and I need to spray them and scrap them so his kids can enjoy them.

My oldest (36) is expecting his first child in Sept and she will enjoy seeing her father's baby pictures and his school work.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to amylw1

These are my favorite albums to use (below). I start with my own cardstock base and build from there. I have made a few mini-albums using chipboard as the cover and rings to secure the pages with the cover. The albums, though, are definitely sturdier.

amylw1
amylw1 
New Kid On the Block
amylw1
In response to Luvmyfam

hi,

thanks agin for replies, the stores you mention are all USA based and therefore no use to me as i am in the UK. i found this site on google and it after a quick look, seemed to be helpful.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to amylw1

On the main menu or list of things on this site, if you scroll down it has a section with other states and then other countries.

I think the UK is listed there. Someone there might be able to tell you where they get supplies and give you some tips about scrapping in the UK.

Stay here too though - we enjoy talking with you!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics