Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: How many Spellbinders sets?        (Topic#1560881)
whateveriwant
Resident
whateveriwant

So I have seen a ton of threads about Spellbinder dies and I'm wondering. How many sets of them do YOU have? And I do mean SETS, not individual dies.

How Many Spellbinders Sets?
None
1-10
11-20
21-30
31-40
41-50
51+
You may choose one option.
Votes accepted from 07-04-11 06:45 PM to 07-04-13 06:45 PM.
View results
You are not allowed to vote in this poll.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to whateveriwant

I have 4 or 5 I think. Since I got my cricut I haven't bought any because I can use SCAL and make whatever I want on that.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to Seaexplore

None, yet. I'm still deciding where to start. I have it narrowed down to either the circles or the rectangles. Hopefully by October I'll have my first set.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to foltzy

I don't own any. I keep looking at them, but then think that I could create the same things on my Cricut. Is there an advantage to having these sets over using a Cricut? I'm wondering what I'm missing out on.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Luvmyfam

IMO, the Spellbinders are amazing because of their embossing capabilities, not just because of the die cuts themselves. Also, you have the ability to use the dies as a stencil to ink/chalk/spray mist over.
Loralie Art Stamps Bride By Here Kitty

Warmest Wishes By Here Kitty

Little Girl By Here Kitty

Gratitude By Here Kitty

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Here Kitty

I totally agree with Amy,,,I have a cricut and a gypsy, and I STILL love my spellbinders,,,,,,,the edge is just so FINISHED with that little embossed ridge,,,,

I have 6 sets or so now!

it's much harder to do this, for example, on my cricut,,,

Fleur de lis By CommaHolly

Friendship card By CommaHolly

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to CommaHolly

I have ovals: large, small and deckled, a hearts set and a set of tags on discount ordered by mistake! I also have QuicKutz nested circles and scallops and I can honestly say I use the dies way more than I use my Silhouette. They're just more convenient, and it's far easier to work out where on the paper they're going to cut.

Hev
Hev 
Guru
Hev
  • Hev on 07-05-11 04:05 AM

I've got 20. 15 regular ones and 5 for the grand calibur. I'll post a couple of my faves!

Edited by Hev on 07-05-11 04:06 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara
In response to Hev

I thought I definitely had less than 10 sets but I just counted in my head (I'm at work) and came up with 12 sets. I have the cricut too, but I much prefer nesties because they are more convenient for me (I find it a bit of a pain to Flip through all the little books for the right image when I know I have a nestie that will do the trick (and I can't do an efficient search on my gypsy yet). I also love the embossed edge, and frequently do the reverse stencil technique to ink that embossed edge (tutorial on a recent post on my blog). This might sound weird, but there's also just something I enjoy about the hands-on experience of cranking that baby through the machine, hearing it crack and pop, and having a cool crisp die cut come out the other side.

Peg364
Peg364 
Idol
Peg364
In response to mercytiara

I don't have any but I would love to own a few sets. I always look at them and bookmark the ones I think are the most versatile.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 07-05-11 11:10 AM
In response to Peg364

You didn't include "not enough" as an option

kirasmommy
Guru
kirasmommy
In response to stick

Only have two sets but would love to own more.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to kirasmommy

I have the Expression/Gypsy but I prefer my Spellbinders for my cards. Love the embossed edge and I like being able to cut out my stamped/colored shapes with the die. I also find them cheaper to buy in sets of 4. Just bought the circles and scalloped circles for $40. That's 4 sets at 10 bucks each

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

I just got my Big Shot in May with 2 sets. I got 4 more sets in June.

Christine19850
Veteran
Christine19850

Not enough LOL! I've got the sets I've tagged below but have my eye on some ovals next, and the small labels one. I am in love with my parisian accents set - I don' have any border punches so I use the strip die a lot.

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to Christine19850

I had just bought 5 sets before our summer business started up again.....Have not even taken them out of the package.....

I would love some help. I tried one in my cuttlebug with the instructions they had and I could not get it to work. Can someone give a tutoral or a link to something that would explain it. I could not figure it out and I don't want to waste good paper.

I just loved the look of the cuts when I saw someones LO that had used them.....So gorgeous.

leslief
Idol
leslief

My sister (who makes cards) gave me her Wizard 2 years ago. I was only doing scrapbooking back then, owned a Cricut, and NEVER used it. I just started making cards a couple of months ago and now I use it ALL the time! Love the extra touch of embossing!

andrea m
Diva
andrea m
In response to leslief

I have 2 sets. they are really pretty. I just dont use them alot. Maybe now that im starting to get into making cards.

ShannaVineyard
Expert
ShannaVineyard
In response to andrea m

If you like Spellbinders..... you need to check out their blog. They started their blog frenzy where the design team helps show off all the new releases and you can win ALL the new die templates! Woooo! Hooo!!!!!!

Shanna

ShannaVineyard
Expert
ShannaVineyard
In response to ShannaVineyard

oooooops!!!!! Forgot to link ya up! Sorry!

http://spellbinderspapera rts.com/blog/spellbinders-get -...

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics