Page 4 of 5 
Username Post: If money was no object....what would you have?        (Topic#1561021)
scrapnread
Guru
scrapnread
In response to nanatosweetgirls

Everything! and a little scrap cottage to put it in.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to scrapnread

I would love to buy the house on the corner that is for sale - it's pretty big and turn it into a scrap room for me in one of the rooms and put scrap tables everywhere and have friends to scrap - with plenty of beds in the 4 bedrooms so people can stay overnight and have free scrap retreats! I would convert the garge to a big scrap workroom with perfect lighting and tables everywhere.

If I need more space for people to sleep, they can walk across the street to our house.

Would turn the dining room into a mini stash room that looks like a small section of a scrap store wtih tons of cardstock choices. And, keep the dining room as a dining room so we could eat away from our scrap stuff.

Ms. Mom
Expert
Ms. Mom
In response to Henri Jean

What a fun thing to think about. I'd get new storage/furniture (desk, armoires, shelves, better work table etc), a new fancy shmancy computer like the kind you see in movies not in Best Buy LOL and I would get a Pazzles. I'd buy a few tools and not much product because money or not my goal remains to buy only what I need for the project at hand. Oh wait, I just thought of something I would get....I would buy every scrap, card, paper craft and mixed media magazine subscription I could get my hands on. Yeah, that's what I'd do. I love me some magazines!

tribet2006
Veteran
tribet2006
In response to SDaisy2

This is the same idea i had....i would open a scrapbook store .... classes and crops and not worry about profit...i would be there just to have fun....
Great minds think alike....LOL

CarrieBH
Veteran
CarrieBH
In response to tribet2006

• tribet2006 Said:
This is the same idea i had....i would open a scrapbook store .... classes and crops and not worry about profit...i would be there just to have fun....
Great minds think alike....LOL

Bonus: your hobby is now tax-deductible!

I would open a scrapbook store (or perhaps buy the one that is perpetually for sale down the street from me?), buy all the colors of Colormates paper, and hire a personal assistant, chef, and housekeeper to free me up for more scrapbooking time, lol!

CountrynCrafty
Veteran
CountrynCrafty
In response to amandahugandkiss

If money was no object?...I'd pay of any debts...buy/build our dream house/land (outright)...put back enough money for both my kids to go to college...finish my college career out too...I'd help my MIL pay her debts and get in a better place...I'd start my own scrap store & my husbands computer store...I'd take my dream vaca to Australia...buy my dream horse, as well as whatever horse my DH, DS, & DD want...my DH could quit his job if he wanted (but he likes his job so idk if he would)...I'd donate some to things such as the FFA, the Children's hospital in Dallas, places that I know need and & would use it for the right reasons...I'd buy my sorority a new house...THEN I'd buy at least one (PP would be 2) of every freakin scrap supply I could find for my personal use!! lol!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to CountrynCrafty

I would open a bed and breakfast that catered to crafters of all type. Including scrappers, quilters and even painters.

I would love to have a place that I could have people come. I would want the rooms set up so I could have single rooms and double rooms so that people that don't like sharing rooms could have there own. And maybe a room in the basement that could sleep 5 or 6 and then the whole first floor set up with 6 foot tables for everyone to scrap at or sew at.

I can see it in a big old 3 story Victorian!

mandiescrapbooks
Tenant
mandiescrapbooks

I would get all the flowers and bling i could! and i would redo my craft room. (:

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to nanatosweetgirls

I...want...THE...State Of The Art...Scraproom! Not the supplies, I mean all that paper is certainly intoxicating, but I'm such a slow scrapper by the time I got through a tenth of it, it'd all be outdated.

I want organization. The best table and chairs and cabinets and containers and drawers and shelves and wall storage...and I want it all operated by a remote control! If I need those Christmas brads I know I have, I want to enter 'Christmas brads' on my laptop and by some electronic mechanism, they are put before me. I want the Scraproom of the Future.

In the house, but I don't want to share it like I do now with DH.

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to RockStar

I personally have enough scrappy stuff to last several years, with only needing to restock adhesive. So - let me distribute the $ elsewhere:

1. Set up college funds for my stepsons, nieces & nephews
2. Pay off our house and take care of any debts in our family
3. Make a sizeable donation to Berts Big Adventure here in Atlanta.
4. Make a sizeable donation to the American Cancer Society
5. The rest would be put into investments and also some into the bank for a rainy day.

RedSquirrel
Idol
RedSquirrel
In response to Shutterbugg

Our house is in a distressing state between tenants and being fit for us to live in again. I've been working on redecorating and replacing broken things, but I'm finding it all such hard work and so overwhelming.

So I'd get someone in to remodel it to our exact specifications. And I'd have a new scrap-room with real furniture instead of using packing boxes for storage.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

• Henri Jean Said:
I would love to buy the house on the corner that is for sale - it's pretty big and turn it into a scrap room for me in one of the rooms and put scrap tables everywhere and have friends to scrap - with plenty of beds in the 4 bedrooms so people can stay overnight and have free scrap retreats! I would convert the garge to a big scrap workroom with perfect lighting and tables everywhere.

Be sure to let me know when it's all finished - I'll be there!! Shoot, I'd even come help you organize.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to dwelch

I want it ALL!!! (After all, we're dreaming, right?)

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to dwelch

Darla, I'd love forou to be my first scrap guest!

By the way, the license plate convention is still on for spring and I'm really looking forward to meeting you! Can't wait to shop and have lunch and do fun things with you instead of sitting inside that hotel room for 5 days trying to amuse myself the entire time!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

• Henri Jean Said:
Darla, I'd love forou to be my first scrap guest!

By the way, the license plate convention is still on for spring and I'm really looking forward to meeting you! Can't wait to shop and have lunch and do fun things with you instead of sitting inside that hotel room for 5 days trying to amuse myself the entire time!

Me, too! I can't wait. We'll have so much fun.

eshascreations
Tenant
eshascreations
In response to dwelch

If money was no object I'll.........
1) Buy me the biggest house there is with a HUGE scrap room for me & one for my daughter.
2) put away money for my daughter & nephew for college
3) Buy every Bazzill & DCWV paper there is, along with the new Silhouette Camo & all its accessories.
4) Buy every single American Crafts Pens & every Stickles there is
5) Every Fiskars & Martha Stewart product that's out.
BTW--> Did I mention I also wanted Tim Holtz & a few wrestlers right???

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to PhotobearSam

I would buy every single spellbinder die out there. A big spellbinder machine. I would buy all the BIgz dies too. I agree with he person who wrote all of the Martha Stewart products out there. lol All of the pens out there. All the bling & flowers too. subscribe to lots of those kits.
Buy my daughter a horse farm. Buy my son a golf course. LOL Dave & I would live with them. lol

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I would have a scrap room attached to the house by a 4 season porch that has a hot tub and lap pool. I honeslty don't need more paper or tool, just could use some space and would like to be in the light.

SueLovesToScrap
Veteran
SueLovesToScrap

I would definitely scrapbook full-time, copics in every color, and some photography classes! Great thread!

Cricutgirlg
Expert
Cricutgirlg
In response to SueLovesToScrap

I would finish my basement so that I could put my scraproom downstairs. I would have black kitchen cabinets from Ikea on one wall and 2 8"ft tables in the middle of the floor for scrapping. I would put a fireplace and couch in my room for family yo join me along with a TV. I would put in a wood floor and I would buy the 24" Black cat instead of the 18" one I'm saving for. I would buy a pc so that I could run MTC on it until they make a MAC version for me. I would take a SCRAP Cruise and take family on cruise around the World for a year. I would home school DS so he can really enjoy the year off.

I would pay off our debt/house and set up Funds for DS and nephews. I would give money to Brother so he can start a collectible company that feature American African heros that he would like to start. I would send SIster-in-law on a trip with her Sisters, Mom and 2 friends where ever they want to go. I would buy my Sister and Mom each a home closer to me. I would buy Hubby his dream work equipment and build him his man cave with all the bells and whistles. I would buy my younger brother a franchise of his choice. I would give a sizable portion my church and my Great grandmother's church and have the grave stones redone there. I would put head stones for my Grandmother and Step-Grandfather up in Chicago.

Page 4 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics