Username Post: Display Dynamics - Perfect Paper Stackable Open Paper Trays - 12 x 12 - Lip        (Topic#1561041)
njbeachgirl
Expert
njbeachgirl

Can this item or something like it be bought at a store like Lowe's or Home Depot or Staples? Also, is it good for printed papers like Disney papers or better for basic solid color papers?

x98peterson
Tenant
x98peterson
In response to njbeachgirl

I have seen them at places like Staples. I use them for my paper packs. (The ones they sell at Hobby lobby that come with stickers and paper that coordinate). The ones that slant, the wire ones- I get off Craigslist from stores that are closed or closing. Those, I use for solid card stock colors. GL!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to njbeachgirl

Do you mean like these? They are sold here at the Superstore. And paper is paper, so paper trays are good for any kind of paper.

Edited by Luvmyfam on 07-07-11 08:02 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Luvmyfam

I guess I don't understand the question.

These are storage trays (which are probably available at many places). You can store WHATEVER you want on them.

amandahugandkiss
Diva
amandahugandkiss
In response to Luvmyfam

Why would the type of paper matter?? I am not understanding your question.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 07-08-11 09:41 AM
In response to amandahugandkiss

I do think they're better for plain paper than for patterned, because (just like at a lot of LSS's) I have to pull the paper all the way out to see what it is and there's too much opportunity to bend the corners, especially with the wire ones. Probably just me but that's what happens. I don't like trays much - I prefer vertical storage a la Cropper Hopper - you can store a lot more paper in less space, and it's easier for me to thumb through and find something without damaging the paper. Again - probably just me!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to stick

Kuzatab, that makes sense. I hadn't thought of why storing patterened paper in a tray could be a problem.

I store my patterned paper in my top tray (I have the lipless paper trays). When I need a piece of pp, I have to pull out everything and sort through it to find what I want. But, this kind of works for me. I store the pp in my top tray, and when it's full, I stop buying more pp. It forces me to use what I have on hand. If I'm using pp for a particular project, then I store it in an Art Bin.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics