Username Post: Need Ideas for a 1920s theme        (Topic#1561121)
Reyna Vaughn-Hayse
Tenant
Reyna Vaughn-Hayse

Hello all!

I am going to make a scrapbook album for my friend's wedding. The wedding theme is the 1920s so I need a few ideas, products, or whatever else you can think of to help me out! Thanks a bunch!

~Reyna

amandahugandkiss
Diva
amandahugandkiss
In response to Reyna Vaughn-Hayse

Well the 20s are Edwardian, but I think everyone lumps it in with Victorian. My friend is having an Edwardian wedding in September too!

There are some products here in the store.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by amandahugandkiss on 07-09-11 02:00 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mj scrappin'
Veteran
mj scrappin'

Definitely do some distressing! Check out the gallery under "techniques", find "distressing" and you will see some awesome ideas. I use Tim Holtz inks. You can find the inks in the scrapbook.com superstore and then look at layouts that use the inks. I am a novice at distressing and this is how I have found good ideas. Have fun...what could be more fun than the roaring 20's!!!! Care to Charleston anyone??!!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to mj scrappin'

I would really suggest you look at the Grasphic 45 line of paper and tags. They have some wonderful "fashion" type paper, guys in the old style suits, and women in the '20's style dresses. You might get some ideas from that if nothing else.

Vallee
Vallee 
Pro
Vallee
In response to dwelch

Lots of flowers and lace! You can get some of those antique buttons at HL! And lots of inking!!!

tinacome
Veteran
tinacome
In response to Vallee

Here are some examples of papers
Products Referenced in This Post:

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to tinacome

fringe trim (like the flapper dresserts) and sequins and feathers

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

Well there were flappers. I Think was art deco was in the 20s too. It was a style of design.

Edited by anda11 on 07-09-11 05:45 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics