Username Post: Fiskars 12” Portable Paper Trimmer Problem        (Topic#1561123)
New Kid On the Block

I just bought one of these the other day and fell immediately in love with it but after a few uses it started acting funny and catching when I was trying to cut. I discovered the blade had sliced the wire and there was a loose strand so I unwound that strand and cut it off but now it's doing it again. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm bummed but thinking of taking it back and just sticking with my cheap Cricut paper trimmer.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to jearise

yep,,,,,,,used mine for maybe a week and the same thing happened. the whole wire finally broke and I cut it off and then it cut AWFUL.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to CommaHolly

i have just the cheaper 12" paper trimmer and have had it for years and it works great
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by Just G on 07-09-11 02:14 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Just G

Fiskars has great customer service (1-866-348-5661). They can walk you through the steps to repair and maintain. I've had them completely replace items that were faulty.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Luvmyfam

yep- LOVE fiskars customer service. They replaced a pair of 2" compound loppers that DH busted. Sent me a WHOLE new set and mine were TOTALLY rusty gross- I had to send them a pic of what I had and what happened.

I have a SUPER OLD 12" fiskars trimmer that I adore. I've had it for like 15 years or something like that. NO PROBLEMS with it AT ALL.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Seaexplore

I love the Fiskars trimmer but my attachment is to the rotary blade trimmer.

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to Henri Jean

I also have the fiskers 12 inch desktop rotary trimmer. It was a christmas present in 2004 from DH and I love it! Before this one, I had one of the portable trimmers mentioned above and it was total junk. I would never by another trimmer like that again - ever.

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to Shutterbugg

I have this trimmer and absolutely love it. I've never had an issue with it working.
I did have a scallop border punch that started sticking. I called them and they replaced it. Definitely contact their Customer Service, they rock.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to fknapoleon

That's the one!!!!! I have one at home and one that is permanently stuck in my crop stuff.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to Henri Jean

Another vote to call Fiskars' Customer Service. They are THE BEST.

Cindy

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to cindy312

I can't believe I never thought of that,,,,I just threw the thing in the trash, totally disgusted.

SarahWscraps
Veteran
SarahWscraps
In response to CommaHolly

I Have one of those same trimmers from fiskars. The wire did the same thing, so I sent them a pic of it and they sent me a replacement one. That one lasted about a month and the wire frayed again. I am not going to try to get another replacement because I feel that it is a design flaw. I love the idea of seeing exactly where it will cut, but they haven't perfected to wire yet. It still cuts fine.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to SarahWscraps

what's the deal with a "wire"- I'm confused. Does the wire cut? Does the blade run along the wire?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics