Username Post: Magnetic Albums        (Topic#1561135)
New Kid On the Block

While I am making scrapbooks for my boys, I don't want to scrapbook our family photos but just display in a family album. I have started a magnetic album because it allows for different photo arrangements (as opposed to albums with sleeves). What say you about magnetic albums?? Pros, Cons?? Thanks in advance!! I love that I can get advice here from you pros!!!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to candaus

Those albums are terrible for your photos. If you are at all concerned about actually preserving these photos, please don't use the magnetic albums. I know you expressed opposition to scrapbooking them and to using albums with sleeves, but I think you might do well with these to use pocket pages like the ones from We R Memory Keepers, which allow for different photo arrangements without requiring any actual scrapbooking and still keeping your photos preserved in an acid-free environment.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to aquabunny

I put my kids photos in magnetic albums and now they are ruined. Fortunately, several years ago my son took them out one at a time and scanned them so I have them on computer.

After a while they kind of meld to the adhesive in the magnetic books and they no longer come out. The pages fall apart. All of mine - the binding strips on the edge and that hold thte things that hold the pages in the magnetic albums have come unglued and so they are no good and I can't get the pictures out.

The pages are all a really nasty yellow and the acid in them ruined the pictures.

I wouldn't walk away from them, I'd run!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Henri Jean

Can you still BUY those type of albums??

I agree with the others. Do not waste your time. It would be better to leave your photos in a box.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to Bxr-Linda

Yes, listen to the others and skip the magnetic albums! There are so many other ways to store/display photos that won't ruin them.

Cindy

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser
In response to aquabunny

I completely agree with aquabunny -- WRMK is the way to go for that kind of memory keeping. The magnetic albums ruin your photos over time. Don't make that mistake!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics