Username Post: Help, I need ideas        (Topic#1561331)
denayc
denayc 
Guru
denayc

Hi all! I need a little help. I was recently given old pictures of my family from the early 1900's and late 1800's. I desperately want to scrap them, but I'm having a hard time finding papers to use. My family were country folks, very down-to-earth. They were farmers and they never had much. I love some the 1920 style papers, but I feel that the fancier 20's style papers wouldn't be right.
Any suggestions on brands, collections, etc?

Thanks for the help.

Vallee
Vallee 
Pro
Vallee
In response to denayc

I recently finished a mini album that included photos from the same time era....I found a series of 12x12 papers from K & Company that are Ancestry.com. It turned out really cute. I distressed the papers with Tim Holtz Walnut Stain distessing ink. I added tons of embellishments and distressing techniques. Don't let the photos overwhelm you...Good luck!

Family Album Pg. 1 By Vallee

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 07-14-11 01:04 PM
In response to Vallee

I just had a similar problem... here are some lines that I found worked very well with old photos. Paper loft has tons of beautiful papers that are geared to Heritage.

Marie_71
Veteran
Marie_71
In response to GMFTS

How about the gorgeous Timepiece collection from Bo Bunny? Maybe not so "farmy" but beautiful for heritage work!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to GMFTS

A couple that I'm planning to use with heritage pics...

denayc
denayc 
Guru
denayc
In response to Megan - ForumTech

You all are wonderful. I love the paper ideas. I actually found a couple of collections from dcwv after I posted the request for help; Old World stack and the Rustic stack. They both have a lot of the same colors you all recommended.

I'm doing both sides of my family and both sides of my husband's family so I'll keep all of these wonderful papers in mind. I'm sure I'll need them before I'm finished.

Thanks again for all the help.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to denayc

Hey Dena, I have found so many wonderful heritage layouts in the gallery here. I know I have seen people have pages with a farm on them. Maybe if you searched for heritage farm layouts, maybe some will be helpful. If not, search for 1920 heritage layouts.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

I just did a search for heirloom farm & there were some cool ones.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics