Username Post: Scotch ATG Question - What's the Difference?        (Topic#1561383)
LilacGal
Expert
LilacGal

I need your help, ladies. I have finally made it through the five rolls of refills that came with my ATG when I bought it from someone who didn't like it. I want to buy some more refills before this last one runs out.

What is the difference between the two rolls below? I have the red tape gun so I know I need the quarter inch. And I know I don't want the general purpose. But it looks like both of the ones below are the same length. Is there a difference in quality between the tape for the pink gun and the gold tape?

Jalynne
Guru
Jalynne
In response to LilacGal

no difference. We just recently had a discussion about this..I'll see if i can find the link.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 07-15-11 01:11 PM
In response to Jalynne

Well, the difference is that the box has two rolls and the top product is a single roll.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to stick

I called the company last month. The one with two rolls is the new marketing box. They are the identical same tape.

I was confused about it too - they said no matter whether you bought the box with two rolls and the pink ATG on the front (doesn't matter what color your ATG is - the new box will all display pink ones) or whether you buy the single roll and pay more per roll.

They are the same tape. Got it straight from the mouth of the 3M people.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Henri Jean

exactly the same, as has been said,,,,,

I use a coupon at M's to buy the box of 2 for 5 or 6 bucks,,,,or (since I mostly make cards) I buy the General Purpose with a coupon for about 3-4 bucks,,,,,,

LilacGal
Expert
LilacGal
In response to CommaHolly

Wow! I figured there had to be some difference. I'm glad I asked. I was about to buy the gold. Thanks for your help. One more thing to add to my shopping cart.

Sunnydi
Governor
Sunnydi

• Henri Jean Said:
I called the company last month. The one with two rolls is the new marketing box. They are the identical same tape.

I was confused about it too - they said no matter whether you bought the box with two rolls and the pink ATG on the front (doesn't matter what color your ATG is - the new box will all display pink ones) or whether you buy the single roll and pay more per roll.

They are the same tape. Got it straight from the mouth of the 3M people.

Are they both 'gold' tape?

Jalynne
Guru
Jalynne
In response to Sunnydi

they are both the same tape, as Henri said. So...yes, they are both 'gold' tape.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Jalynne

Yes, just be careful when you buy,,,,,the two pink boxes (both acid free gold and regular general use) look almost identical,,,,,,if acid free matters, you'll want to double check,

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to CommaHolly

As Holly said, the boxes are identical - one says Acid Free on the front - that is the one you want.

The other says General Purpose. You don't want that one.

If you get it out of the box - General Purpose has a red strip on the end, the Acid Free has a gold strip - same as the tape labled Gold.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

I use General purpose a lot because mostly I make cards,,,,I don't expect them to last 200 years

but if you mostly scrap, you DEFINITELY want acid free,,,,,,I use that when I actually scrap a page

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics