Username Post: What is the best die cutting machine?        (Topic#1561385)
Pippilada
Veteran
Pippilada

I am thinking about buying a die cut machine, but I don't know the first thing about them. What is the best machine if I want to cut whatever I feel like and not have to buy cartridges? and it can't be really really expensive, so maybe average price?

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to Pippilada

Happy birthday to you! Well if you want an inexpensive machine that you can buy svg files or design your own, you can get a silhouette. I know a lot of people like it because of the print and cut function. I think the downside of it is the limited cutting size. I think you can get one for about $153.
I have a Gazelle and it is awesome! You can cut 12 inches wide and 80 or more inches in length. It costs more than the Silhouette though.

There are a lot of good cutters out there....

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to HisGEM

there are also the black cat machines. check out the cougar and the lynx.

Anything that doesn't use cartridges will have to hook to a computer and run software. If you have a mac, you will be VERY limited in what it can run unless you're willing to divide your HD and install a windows OS.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Seaexplore

I have a Cricut Expression and love it because of its ease of use and not needing to use a computer with it. It does at times lack in creativity when I see something somewhere online that I could have used in a layout or a fancy font that is not made for my machine. That being said, if you desire a lot of creativity, I would recommend one that runs on software with your computer.....I also came across a site that will assist you in deciding which machine would be the best for your own use. it is http://www.howtodecide.com/die-cut-machine/
This would be a great resource if you haven't narrowed in on one yet.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 07-21-11 07:23 PM
In response to momof3boyz3

• momof3boyz3 Said:
I also came across a site that will assist you in deciding which machine would be the best for your own use. it is http://www.howtodecide.com/die-cut-machine/
This would be a great resource if you haven't narrowed in on one yet.

FYI - There are several machines that aren't included in this website.

Heather Holbrook
Resident
Heather Holbrook
In response to Pippilada

I LOVE my Cricuts! There is so much versatility with these machines, plus you can find cartridges at discounted prices just about everywhere these days. And if you use the gypsy, design studio or craft room there is alot more flexibility with your cuts.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics