Username Post: Looking for crops in Lake Mary area        (Topic#1561609)
Phonechic29
Veteran
Phonechic29

I'm new to this site and I'm looking for others in my area that share my interest in scrapbooking and card making.

JCelebre
Resident
JCelebre
In response to Phonechic29

Let me know if you find any I am in Altamone

CanadianGirl
Diva
CanadianGirl
In response to JCelebre

look up sunshine scrappers on yahoo groups. they have a monthly crop in oveido

JCelebre
Resident
JCelebre
In response to CanadianGirl

thanks

Resident
In response to JCelebre

Please feel free to check us out. We are off the 417 and Aloma (426).
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Sunshine_Scrapp ers_FL/

A couple of the girls live in Lake Mary. We have pictures of our group, crop room and retreat on our website under PHOTOS.
We meet the second Saturday of the month-dates listed on our home page. August 13 from noon-11p and its $6 to crop-come anytime.

Email if you have any questions, Stacey

Resident
In response to SunshineScrapper1

So glad you want to come. :-) Send me your email address and I'll send you a private invite and maybe that will work. This way you can sign up for the crop. You should need a new account...that's weird. Let me know if you have any questions or need more help. Hope to see you at the crop.

Here's a quick summary of our crops. There is more on our website:

Sunshine Scrappers Crops

Scrapbooking has been described as the "quilting bee" of the 21st Century. "The gathering of friends to achieve a common goal."

Questions and Answers:

~Is membership limited? NO, all are welcome!

~Where do the Sunshine Scrappers crop?

St. Alban's Cathedral
3348 State Road 426
Oviedo, FL 32765
http://www.stalbansfl.com/Rental/kimsey_hall_pa rish_hou...

We are NOT church related. We rent the facility.

~What are the hours of the crops? 12:00pm-11:00pm-unless otherwise noted Come anytime...

~When do you crop? We meet the second Saturday of every month. This way you always know when the next crop is going to be. It's also away from all the major holidays...Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc. *NOTE: the church has the right to reschedule our crops.

~Do you pay a fee? YES, $6.00 for ONLY the crops you attend. There is a table set up for paying your $6.00. Please write your name in the notebook as paid and place the money in the moneybag. *This is an honor system. Please grab a name tag-we’d like to get to know you. We’ll be wearing ours so you can get to know us.

~What's does my crop fee money pay for? The money pays for the use of the church ($75.00 a month) rental fee. We purchase supplies to run the crops. This would include paper plates, paper towels, dish and hand soap, napkins, plastic ware, tablecloths, prizes, etc. (just to name a few). If we have anything left over at the end of the year (January-December) we have a big party at the December Crop. Your money goes to St. Alban’s or directly back to YOU.

~What are the RULES? We have two rules...
1) No consultants, Website Owners and LSS Owners can sell at crops or on our website. You are more than welcome to share your catalogs, business cards, and ideas but exchanging of money is not permitted. All Consultants, Website Owners & LSS Owners are welcome. **If you ONLY want to promote your business at a SS crop or on our website you have found the wrong group. Please respect our members.
**2) The second rule is no children under 18 yrs. (if you have teenagers who would like to attend-use your own judgment-we have adult (G-rated) conversations) Most of us look forward to this “time away”.

~Whom do I contact if I'm attending a crop? We have a section (DATABASE) on the left of the screen. We delete after each crop to sign up again for the next month. Knowing who's coming helps us in setting up the tables and how much space we need. It also tells us what food item you are bringing.

~What do I bring to the crops? Each of us brings something small to share with everyone-POTLUCK. Pam H. is our dinner coordinator. She will pick a DINNER meal for the crop to coordinate with our crop theme of the month. Then we sign up to bring items to go with the meal. Bring your supplies and you provide your favorite drink(s) *NON alcoholic. We DO NOT provide lunch OR DRINKS-ONLY dinner. And as always, bring a friend or two or three... We will have the radio on playing 107.7, 105.9 or an ipod with a mix of songs for “background noise”. You may bring your ipod if you would like. **See: “How to pack for a SS Crop”? under FILES. We have a few tips on bringing a few extras to help make your crop time more comfy. :-)

~This is my first crop...what do I do? Come and have fun. You'll receive a warm welcome but most of all you'll meet new friends. Please feel free to walk around the crop room/Kimsey Hall and introduce yourself and share ideas. Our rectangular tables are set up in “pods”. Pods are 2 8ft tables put together to make a square then one on each end to make a bigger square-allowing 8 people sharing a “pod”. So all will get a 4ft. space! St. Alban’s provides us with Wi-Fi.

~Each month/crop we have different activities so to keep informed read our Monthly Newsletter- under FILES.

We may park in the grassy area and the paved area. NO parking in the loading and unloading Courtyard.
THANK YOU!

Our motto!
**Making FRIENDS, while making MEMORIES!**

See ya at the next crop!

Stacey Gonzalez-Sunshine Scrappers Founder

New Kid On the Block
In response to SunshineScrapper1

New to this community looking for friends

New Kid On the Block
In response to bibis.accessories

I am also new to the area. Just moved to Orlando from California. I live in the Dr. Phillips area. I enjoy scrapping and card making, although not a pro by any means in either area. My challenge is right now my days off are mid week, so it is difficult to plan to come to a Saturday or Sunday crop. My days off rotate, so some months I could.

I would be open to just getting together and doing some scrapping or card making without it being a big deal. Having another person inspires me! Let me know if you would like to get together!
Sally

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics