Username Post: A few questions        (Topic#1561617)
MichelleM71
Resident
MichelleM71

Ok, before I forget I use the Sizzix Big Kick!

I have two questions relating to using the dies. I got this really cute stuffed animal set (654484) and the cover shows the animals layered. How do you do that? Do you just cut the images in multiple colors then piece them together?

My second question is in regards to the Spellbinders pendants. How in the heck do you use them? I've been trying to figure that out and I don't know if I'm using them wrong or what but I'm not getting the effects that I want. For example...I use the main pendant as a base and just cut. There is almost always a center piece and I want that center piece to be just the shape without any of the details. Does that make sense? Does anyone know how to achieve that look? Scrapbook.com doesn't have the EXACT pendants that I have but I hope you get the idea of what I'm talking about by looking at this pendant. Also, I couldn't find the stuffed animal set on scrapbook.com to show what I'm talking about but most of the Sizzix dies that they do have have some type of layering pictured.

Thanks for any advice....Michelle

a-burton
Resident
a-burton
In response to MichelleM71

re: I have two questions relating to using the dies. I got this really cute stuffed animal set (654484) and the cover shows the animals layered. How do you do that? Do you just cut the images in multiple colors then piece them together?

YES - you got it!
TIP: You can use scraps a little larger than the size of the pieces needed to save your materials. Sizzlits are meant to cut one layer at a time, so there will be multiple passes in your machine with each color.

On your second ???, I am not sure if I understand, but, if you scroll down on the page link you provided, you will see beautiful examples of how other members of the forum have used the dies in this set.

hth

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics