Username Post: Book Binding Cloth Help        (Topic#1561681)
ReadySetDistress
Diva
ReadySetDistress

I am trying to find a store in my area that sales book binding cloth and I am not having any luck...have any of you had success in finding it somewhere other than stores that specialize in this? Or have you found an alternative material? I really love the altered book looks with this technique and want to start...I really would like to buy locally so I can see what I am buying...any help would be appreciated! thanks!

MisasMom
Resident
MisasMom
In response to ReadySetDistress

A couple of years ago I did a search for book binding tape here in Seattle and only found one supplier to the public and that was the University of Washington Book Store. You might try a Google search for your area and do some calling before driving all over. Good Luck!

ReadySetDistress
Diva
ReadySetDistress
In response to MisasMom

That is what I have been doing with no success...I
called my library but the manager wont be in until monday but everyone I talk to orders from an online supplier...

I was wondering...book binding cloth is just a durable cloth and you use super sticky tape to attach it...could I use the material that you use to patch pants it has one side that is iron on and one side material...and it is very duarable...would that be the same effect?

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat

There was a video from CHA over the past few days from a manufacturer that is coming out with something very similar. I would have to look through my saved vids to find it, but I just got in so I will check in the morning for you

ReadySetDistress
Diva
ReadySetDistress
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

Thank you so much Ashley!

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat

No problem! It was bugging me so I looked it up. I was thinking they weren't released yet, but they are

Studio Calico FabRips

ReadySetDistress
Diva
ReadySetDistress
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

Cool! I will have to check the stores! I used the patches that I was talking about as soon as I am done with it I will post it...note self though you need to do it before you cover the pages with the pp...lol now i have to embellish over it! lol I'm done for the night want to hit up hl, m's, and acm tomorrow when they open so I can get started!...

provinca
Mayor
provinca

Is this what you're looking for? I took a Tim Holtz class last year and this is what we used. I haven't tried it myself yet though.

Products Referenced in This Post:

ReadySetDistress
Diva
ReadySetDistress
In response to provinca

Now I am liking that one and its price Anna...do you know if acm, hl, or m's ssales it by chance?...btw thank you for posting this!

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to provinca

thank for the link
i been looking for this 2

i made alots of mini album

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to tealbrand

When I was looking for it, I went to ACM, J and Mike's and they didn't have it. I did a very lengthy interenet search and then decided to try here LOL. I didn't end up getting it because bythe time I saw it, I had decided to bind my mini album differently (I used rings instead) but next time I place an order, I'm definitely going to get some.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to provinca

I've used canvas material, jean material and even the cotton ticking that I cover my feather pillows with.

Vallee
Vallee 
Pro
Vallee
In response to Sneezy1956

I binded a mini album with grunge paper!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics